Tuesday, July 5, 2011

When a Vampire Asks For a Favor, You Can Pretty Much Assume You're Gonna Get Bitten

***This portion of my blog has been inspired by J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood books. If you like vampire books, you simply must read them...and if you're under eighteen, don't tell your parents I told you about them! Read about them HERE.***



I don't know how they do it, but it seems like every time I give birth, one of my other kids has an awards ceremony, requiring me to leave my only hours old baby at home with a baby-sitter. Well, at least this time, Vicki was already a toddler...but still...I'm just sayin' is all...
Oh, BTW, this particular ceremony is for my little mini-me, Jenna. She looks so pretty in her dress! Right after the ceremony, she aged up.



She is nothing less than gorgeous...and say that in the least narcissistic way possible...given that she looks a whole lot like me (minus the red hair that she is keeping). She wants to be a director, so she moves out and is on to bigger and better things! She joked about writing a screen play based on my life and getting Punky Brewster to play me (inside joke: when I was a kid, I looked a lot like Punky Brewster!). Har, har, har, Jen!



When we got home, I was so exhausted that I went straight to bed, so Pearl made dinner for her younger siblings...



She even worked with Vicki to get her potty-trained!



The next morning, I wake up really early (it's still dark out) before the kids do. I kind of like this early morning time. It's my "Me" time...so anyway...I'm checking my e-mail and I see one from Mr. Winston Sergo himself...oh Lord, what could he want?

To: hadley.reed@gmail.com
From: WinSerg@vampsrus.com
Subject: VERY URGENT!!! PLEASE OPEN IMMEDIATELY!

Dear Ms. Reed,
Per our previous agreement, I have another assignment for you. However, it entails much more than we previously discussed, so I would like you to call me as soon as possible so we can talk about it. It would involve a great sacrifice on your part, but the Vampire Counsel is willing to compensate you if you would be willing to help us. Thank you for your prompt reply, Sincerely, W. Sergo


Well, that was cryptic...but hell, that's Sergo. I wonder what he means by compensation? Money? Hmm, now we're talkin! I'm not greedy, but it ain't cheap to take care of all these kids!



So I give him a call...
Me: Hey, Sergo, it's Hadley, so what's up?
Sergo: Ms. Reed, I'm glad you called. On behalf of the Vampire Counsel, we have a proposition for you.
Me: What would that be?
Sergo: We have recently come into contact with six vampire warriors that have agreed to donate sperm for your challenge.
Me: Warrior Vamps, huh? Ok, is the first specimen on the way?
Sergo: Well, we have come across a few hiccups....

I raise my eyebrows...
Me: What kind of hiccups?
Sergo: Well, first, the semen of these vampires cannot be stored...it becomes unusable once oxygen hits it.
Me: Um...so what does that mean?
Sergo: In short, in order to become impregnated with their children, you are going to have to actually...*cough, cough, sputter*

My eyes narrow...
Me: Spit it out, Sergo.
Sergo: You're going to have to have intercourse with them.



Me: Are you out of your freakin' mind? I make it a point not to bang anyone, and you want me to bang vampires...warrior vampires...six of them? You must think I'm crazy!
Sergo: Would you just calm down and listen to me? It's not so bad. They are notorious for being excellent lovers, have perfect physiques...and vampires can't contract STDs, so you're safe there.

I start to calm down.
Me: Okay, I suppose I'm willing to consider that.
Sergo: Well, good. You have no idea what advances the vampire community here will be able to make with blood from these warriors in our community. It will be revolutionary, Ms. Reed, we will be forever in your debt.
Me: Hmm, I think I like that...so...that's it, I'm going to have to sleep with them?
Sergo: Well...there's one more thing...

I am really starting to hate him.
Me: What else?
Sergo: During laboratory testing on this sperm, we found that a normal human woman would most likely not be able to carry children from these warriors.
Me: How do you know that?
Sergo: We tested another human woman before we came to you.
Me: What happened?
Sergo: She died.



Me: WHAT THE HOLY CRAP?! YOU WANT ME TO GET KNOCKED UP BY THESE MUTANT SPERM WARRIOR VAMPS JUST TO DIE WHEN I HAVE THEIR BABIES?!!!!! I don't want to hear any more! This conversation is over!
Sergo: Wait, Hadley please, there is another option.

I sigh.
Me: What is it?
Sergo: We can make it so you could carry the fetuses...
Me: ...and how would you do that?
Sergo: *cough, cough, sputter*
Me: Let's have it, Sergo.
Sergo: We can turn you into a vampire.
Me: WHAT?
Sergo: It's very simple, actually. Someone bites and turns you, then you mate with these vampires, then when you're done, we can turn you back into a human.

This time it's my turn to hang up. I don't know if this is something I can do. Become a vampire? Wow...I never thought I would ever be faced with this kind of decision....I'm honestly not sure what to do....

TO BE CONTINUED

***I realize that a lot of the 100 Baby Challenge moms have written about turning into vampires for one reason or another and I certainly hope that the fact that I am writing about it as well is not considered idea stealing. If you disagree, please let me know. ***

9 comments:

  1. I love this blog. This is much different from when any mom had turned into a vampire before! So creative. I can't wait to see what Hadley chooses. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Sergo was uncomfortable bringing up what Hadley had to do. :D Maybe he has a humanistic side to him after all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree she's being used by the vampires. I love the interactions between everyone and look forward to what she decides

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anastasia: Thanks! I'm glad you recognize it as different as well!

    @Destiny: I'm glad you like Sergo! His character has really grown on me...I think he knows with Hadley's hot-headed trait, she's very likely to go off (and she is) when she hears something she doesn't like...LOL

    @spiderg1rl: Thank you! I love the Hadley vs. Sergo conversations myself...it never fails to crack me up...sometimes I feel like they're writing themselves! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well them writing themselves is a very good sign as to how you feel about the characters, now i'm off to read the new post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha! Again, this post was super funny! Sergo was hilarious when he go all uncomfortable telling his plan to Hadley. Great post! Yay! I'm almost caught up with your posts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! I love Sergo too...the conversations he and Hadley have constantly crack me up! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. The conversations that Hadley and Sergo have are the best! They make me laugh every time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! I'm glad you like them as much as I do! They always make me LOL...

    ReplyDelete