Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Never Can Say Goodbye

***Phury's POV***



As much as it kills me, I know I have to go home after the birth of Rachel and Artie. I still can't believe I am the father of two beautiful babies. I was here to see them come into the world, I only wish I could stay to watch them grow up.
As I call for Elijah, look at him and he reminds me so much of Rhage. I don't want to leave him either. He is an incredible kid. A little too headstrong, but hell, so is his father.

Phury: Hey man, I need to talk to you.
Eli: I know what you're going to say and I don't want to hear it.



The kid is too smart for his own good. He's mad, I can't say that I blame him. I hate that these are the terms of the agreement made between the vampire communities of our respective worlds.

Phury: You know I have to leave, son.
Eli: Don't call me that. You're not my dad...I don't even know my dad. He took off before I could even meet him.
Phury: He didn't want to...
Eli: Bull shit!
Phury: I know you're angry, Eli. I wish I could stay, but I have to follow the orders I have been given. My king has given me this order, the counsel here has done the same. I can't stay.
Eli: Screw them! If you really cared about me, you wouldn't go.



He runs up to me and for a moment, I think he might swing, but he just stands there, tears are welling up in his eyes, but he is trying to hold them back. I look down to escape the pain I am seeing in his face. Any amount of apologizing is not enough.

Eli: Take me with you.
Phury: What?!
Eli: You heard me. I want to go back with you. Learn to fight, meet my dad...you told me you're fighting a war. You could use my help...
Phury: Not yet, son. When you're an adult...but right now your mom needs you.
Eli huffs and puffs.
Phury: You know I'm right. Go to school, grow up just a little bit more. This is a safe town, where I'm from, it's not safe.
Eli: I want to help...
Phury: I know you do.



Eli: Here, I got you something...to say goodbye...
I opened it and it was a dog tag with an inscription: #1 Dad...on the other side, all their names: Elijah, William, Finn, Rachel, & Artie.
Eli: I know Rachel & Artie are really the only ones that are yours...but...but...
I put my hand on his shoulder.
Phury: I know, son. I know.



I brought him into a hug and he hugged me as tight as he could. I really wish I didn't have to let go.



My next goodbyes were to my nephews. I picked up Finn and looked him in the eye.
Finn: Fooey!
Phury: (lump forms in my throat) You be good, little man.
Finn: I be good, Fooey



I hugged him tight.
Phury: I know you will.



I pulled him away and saw the face of his mother. He giggled at me.
Finn: Fooey?
Phury: Yeah, buddy?
Finn: I wuv you...
Phury: I love you too, bud.
Finn laughed again.



Next, I said goodbye to Will. He looked at me with the same yellow eyes that my brother and I have. I can only hope that his eyes do not see near as much pain as ours have. I know being raised here, they won't.
Phury: Goodbye, my little man.
Will didn't talk yet, but he reached his little chubby hand out and caressed my face. As sweet as that is, I grimace for a second, because he's done that to me before, only to grab and yank on my hair right after...but he didn't.



I take both boys into the living room and just watch them play. I didn't hear Hadley come up behind me.

Hadley: How can you do it?
Phury: What?
Hadley: Walk away from them? I've seen all of you do that. I can see how much you care, so I don't understand how you could just walk away.
Phury: In all honesty, I don't know how we can do it either.



Phury: Are you going to be ok with them? Maybe I could call and stay for awhile. Two infants and two toddlers is going to be a handful.
Hadley: I'll manage ok, I've got Eli, and Will and Finn are almost ready to grow up. We'll be ok.



I pull her into a hug...what I wouldn't give to just blow off the damn counsel and Wrath and carry her into the bed I've shared with her for these few days and stay there for the rest of my days, but I know I can't...



I wrap my arms around her for the last time, but I probably shouldn't have because it's making it that much more difficult to leave.

Hadley: It's ok, Phury. Whoever is coming next I'm sure will tell you all about Rachel & Artie...
I growl. The idea of someone else, even one of my brothers being here instead of me is too much to take. Whoa, I do need to get out of here...what's next? Marking her? Hell, I'd mark the whole damn house if I could...



Hadley pulls away.
Hadley: Ok, you need to go before I lock you in the house and never let you leave...
Phury: I wouldn't object...
Hadley sighs.

Okay, prolonging this is only making it worse. I give her a final hug and a peck on the cheek. Then I walk outside where my ride is waiting. I look back at the house one last time.
Will is standing at the living room window with his hand against the glass and tears coming out of his yellow eyes.

I wave to him and smile, dying to comfort him. As I start to get in the car, he yells, at first I don't think it's anything, but I realize he's yelling "Fooey, Fooey!"

His first word...

14 comments:

  1. :'( you're going to make me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Maple: I hear ya! This was a sad one to write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup my game is working, but i made a new file! it will go along with the story! i guess. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. SERIOUSLY!!! I CRIED! This was so sad :( make him come back! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( So sad! Beautifully written, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phury's good-bye was the saddest yet! I really hope he comes back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, that was so cute. Ripped my heart right out. </3

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Maple: Good for you! Sometimes you just need to start over!

    @Catherine: Aww, thank you! I know what you mean, I was getting all misty writing it! LOL

    @rodgers: thank you!

    @Cat: Thanks! I really liked playing Phury in the game...so I wanted his goodbye to be special!

    @Ana: Thanks! It was the thing with Will, right? LOL I was like, hmm, what would be the saddest thing ever? LOL I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wondering if it would be okay for me to use one of your kids or baby daddies as a daddy in my challenge. I'd really appreciate it! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @rodgers: Sure! Feel free! I've got the warrior vamps and all the kids on the exchange! I'd love to see them in your challenge!

    @Elliot: IKR? LOL I couldn't resist it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! It's probably my fave so far. Thanks for reading and commenting! I know it takes awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no problem, your blog is one of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete