Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Part 2: Am I Going to Be Able to Eat Plasma Fruit Pancakes?

I am still in a state of shock over what the friggin' Vampire Counsel wants out of me...it's not enough that I raise vampire children for them, oh no...they want me to become a vampire myself and actually bang warrior vampires...not just a couple, but SIX! They must think I'm cracked in the head or something...



I work with Vicki on learning how to walk while I think about this whole thing...she's such a smart little girl...and she's a vampire...so...what do I have against vampires? Hmm...nothing really...except they're awfully irritating! What would it be like to become a vampire? Would I start to be irritating? Ok...some of my kids might say the ship has already sailed on that one...hmm...



Like Pearl for example...she decided to fix her hair in the craziest way possible...take a closer look, if you will...



Not only did she dye her gorgeous brown hair, but she cut it all jagged and then ransacked Vickie's box of dress up stuff, stole the cat ears, then took a bunch of barrettes...but when I say anything about it I get, "Mo-om! This is the style now! You just don't get it!" Yeah, yeah...



It's also time for my boys to age up! Tyler grows up and dresses up a little more than his brother and takes time to style his hair.



Matt keeps his hair short and his style a lot more laid back than his brother. Both boys favor their father's side, but they're both very smart. Tyler wants to be a scientist and Matt wants to be a doctor.



As all the kids get working on their homework, I'm still trying to decide what to do about Sergo's request.



I teach Vicki how to talk...which she of course picks up quickly, being a vampire child. Hmm, I wonder if I would be able to learn things quickly as a vampire?



There is certainly nothing weird about Vicki. She's as sweet as they come and pretty much exactly like my other children.



As I am getting ready for bed, she starts yelling, "Book, Mama! Book! Book! Book!" Man, maybe I shouldn't have taught her how to talk? Hehe, just kidding! She goes to bed quickly.



All the kids are in bed and I still can't sleep. I decide to get online and do some research about vampires. Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot out there. I know they can drink blood or eat plasma fruit, and I know that most vampires aren't really as dangerous as popular culture makes them out to be. So what am I worried about? I need to continue on in my challenge, what do I care if I'm a vampire raising vampire children for really just a fraction of the time? Hmm...I still don't know...I need to talk to Sergo.



Here's something I didn't know before...as I was outside paying my bills, I noticed my next door neighbor was none other than Winston Sergo! Well, how about that?



I race over there and meet a nice, dark-haired woman named Lorraine. She happens to be Sergo's wife...wow, he has a wife? I didn't know that either! She seems nice enough.
Me: I know Winston is probably in bed, but is there any way I can talk to him? It's important.
Lorraine: Of course, I know all about you, Ms. Reed. I understand that you are considering taking on the responsibility of carrying babies from the vampire warriors we've been in contact with. It's all Winston can talk about.
Me: Really?
Lorraine: Oh yes, it was amazing we even made contact with them. They're actually from a different plane of existence all together and they agreed to come help us.

My mouth drops open. She's talking about warrior vampires from a different dimension just like she would be talking about how to make tuna casserole.

Me: Um...okay, I'm just going to go find Winston now...
Lorraine: Okay dear, he's in the bedroom upstairs and to the left.



I run upstairs calling, "Hey Sergo, I need to talk to you."
He is out of bed looking surprised...I have to say, I'm a bit surprised myself.



"Um, you think you might want to put some clothes on?" I ask him.
He replies, "No, I'm ok, have you thought about what I talked to you about? Have you made a decision?



Me: I have some questions first.
Sergo: Fair enough.
Me: Okay, so how would all this work? My being a vampire?
Sergo: Before you even meet any of the warriors, you will go through your transition...that's a two to three day process anyway.
Me: So are we going to do that now? When I still have kids in my house?



Sergo: No! It would probably be best to wait for all the human children to grow up and move out. Your youngest right now is a vampire though, right? She can probably stay.
Me: Why do they have to move out? Are they in danger?
Sergo: Not necessarily, and usually a vampire cannot feed on children, but I'm sure you don't want to take any chances, correct?
Me: You mean would I rather not make a snack out of my kids? Yeah, I think I'll pass on that!
Sergo: Okay, then we will wait for them to become young adults and move out of the house, then when there is just you and Vicki, you will go through the transition.
Me: Okay, then what?
Sergo: Once you have become a vampire, the first warrior will be summoned. He will stay with you during your pregnancy and then leave once the baby is born. That was their one request: to see the babies they are fathering. They do not wish to interfere further.
Me: Okay, I can deal with that...



Sergo clasped his hands together in excitement.
Sergo: Than you'll do it?
Me: Let me sleep on it tonight and I'll let you know tomorrow, ok?
Sergo: That's fine, Ms. Reed...thank you for even considering doing this.
Me: Yeah, yeah...

After saying a quick goodbye to Lorraine, I walk home. When I walk inside, I am bombarded by Pearl wanting to age up and move out. Her grades are good and she even agreed to get rid of that ridiculous hairstyle, so I agree.



Pearl is still a beauty. I don't worry so much about her evil personality trait. She has her moments, but for the most part, she is a good girl. I know she will make the right choices in her life.



The next day, I get a call from Mr. Sergo, wanting to know my decision...it is a huge undertaking...I just hope I'm up for the task...



"Okay, Sergo, I'm in," I tell him.
Sergo: Wonderful! I have been in contact with a doctor that will oversee everything. As a vampire doctor, he specializes in vampire fertility and may be able to enhance yours while you're in your vampire state.
Me: Well, I don't know how much more it can be enhanced...fertility has never been my problem.
Sergo: True, but everyone could always use a boost...I'm so pleased you agreed to do this for us, truly Ms. Reed, on behalf of the vampire community, I thank you.
He hangs up the phone.



God, I hope I made the right decision...and I hope my telephone etiquette as a vampire is better than his!

13 comments:

  1. lol seeing sergo in his pants was funny, as was the dialogue between them, however will she want to change back once she realises about the quickly learnt skills etc or will she miss her human kids too much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only time will tell...*evil grin* LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Cliffhangers, arent so fun though. Looking forward to the next post :)

    http://catherinebell100challenge.blogspot.com/
    http://thejameslegacy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cassie, any chance you can tell me how you do the donor thing, I have master controller and Melody could use a break from actual guys at the moment and this would totally help her out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure! I posted a tutorial on my page...

    http://hadleys100babychallenge.blogspot.com/p/quick-and-dirty-master-controller.html

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, I saw the tab but when I looked there was nothing there, you must have updated it recently. This will make Melody's life for a time a bit less depressing, if your reading you'll know what I mean, its about to get worse mind you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well bless her heart, I know she's been through it lately...my username there is cassie9476, I've been keeping up with it as of late. Hopefully using a sperm bank for awhile will help her out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought it was you but didn't want to presume. She has had it a bit rough lately but due to the random event of the fire its forced my hand at revealing why she's getting it so rough. I'm just trying to write it out now. I wasn't going to reveal it for a bit but the story wouldn't make sense if I didn't add the upcoming drama/fight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how Sergo is uncomfortable about explaining the plan that the Vampire Cousil has for Hadley but he doesn't find it weird that he was in his underwear while talking to Hadley. Great post and I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Right! I'm thinking Sergo is the kind of guy that when he has a plan of action, he's very single-minded...like he was so concerned with whether or not Hadley was going to go along with the plan, he couldn't be bothered with the fact that he was in his skivvies! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite part was when she walked in and Sergo was in his underwear... and he didn't even care. Sergo is my favorite character!

    ReplyDelete