Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rhage: Say Goodbye

***FROM RHAGE'S POV***



When I see Hadley holding our son, something happens to me. There's a person that exists that is here because of me. Wow, I have never felt this kind of love, wonderment, and pride, and I've been around for a long time.



Hadley is laying down and Elijah is sleeping as well when my phone rings. It's Wrath.
Wrath: Hey man, heard the baby was born. When are you leaving?
Me: Dude, I've been thinking about it, I want to stay.
Wrath: (is silent for a moment) You know you can't do that, Brother.
Me: Why not? I'm happy here. You should see your kids, they're incredible...my son...he's my life...and Hadley...Hadley is...
Wrath: I know, Rhage, believe me, I know, but you don't belong there. Don't you think it was hard for me to leave those babies?
Me: I don't know how you found the strength.
Wrath: ...I don't either, but you will too.
Me: Yeah...I know.

We got off the phone and I stood there for awhile, until I worked up the courage to do what I really didn't want to do.



I walked quietly into Hadley's bedroom. She was taking a nap and she looked like an angel.
I picked up Elijah, felt his warm, infant body snuggle close to me for the last time. It was too much to take.

Before I left, I helped the quints with their birthdays. I felt better leaving knowing Hadley would have plenty of help with Elijah.



Mason is starting to look like Wrath. He reminds me of my brother and how much I really need to get home.



Jules ages up to be a tough one, which is good, I have absolute faith that if anyone messes with her, she will quickly put them in their place.



Isobel looks a lot like her mother, but she has this sneaky side to her. She is also stubborn, she doesn't listen to anyone.



Rose has the biggest heart I've ever seen. I know she will fill her mother's life with warmth and love.



Logan is a little bit scrawny for a warrior's son, I've eaten guys like him for breakfast, but he has a solid head on his shoulders. I'm sure he will go far.

I don't want to wake Hadley before I leave, but I can't help but lean down and kiss her forehead. Her eyelids flutter for a second, but then she goes back to sleep. I am going to miss her terribly, but I do know this is for the best. I just didn't expect the feelings I have for her, the life she has, my son, and the rest of her family to be so strong.

I compose myself as my ride shows up. The last thing the world needs is a weepy warrior.

8 comments:

  1. Awww poor Rhage. The quints are aging up so well. You did a good job with them well done I'm sure it was worth all that heartache. Oh yeah check out my reply to your earlier comment and thank you once again for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this chapter! Great post! Can't wait for more!!! :D
    Im working tirelessly on chapter 6 but I just don't have the time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this was so cute. <3 Rhage wants her! Maybe he'll come back? o:

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's super cute how Rhage acts so lovingly to his son and the quints. It sort of a funny sight to see, a tough guy holding onto an innocent, helpless, and adorable baby. I wonder if he'll come back....

    ReplyDelete
  5. i bet after all these warrior vampires, hadley will totally be with "hollywood"

    ReplyDelete
  6. @spiderg1rl: I read your replies! I can't wait! Thanks! I like how the triplets aged up myself!

    @Elliot: Thanks! Yeah, I hear ya, it's hard to find time...you have to play the game, then write! It's a lot to do, but it's obvious everyone that writes these truly enjoys it. We wouldn't work so hard at it if we didn't.

    @Ana: Thank you! Yeah, Rhage is really a big ole' softy!

    @Cat: Thanks! I was thinking the same thing!

    @Maple: I guess we'll just have to see...I haven't thought that far ahead yet! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Paisley, yeah, he was a fun one to play.

    ReplyDelete