Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Baby 23: I Want to Be Where Epidurals Roam Free!



When I wake up in the morning, I am completely blissed out. I had a magical night with Rhage and then I started showing. My morning couldn't be more perfect.



Well, that is until Rhage comes in, notices my pudge and says, "Hey, I think you're getting a little chunky there, hon." He is apparently inappropriate at times.



"Uh Rhage," I start, "I'm not chunky, I'm pregnant."
He looks shocked, I'm not really sure why, I mean, doesn't he remember why he came in the first place?



He immediately starts talking to my tummy, "Hey in there little guy. I can't wait to meet you."
This makes me giggle. Hearing such tender words coming from such a strong man is something. Hehe.



"I think I hear him!" Rhage said. I guess he's wanting a boy.



Over the weekend, the kids all work on skills. They have so many I can't keep track. I'm glad I made sure to buy plenty of stuff to help in their skill building. It's quiet most of the day because they're all either painting, writing, playing chess...you name it, they're working on it. They're my little sponges!



Of course, there is always time for play. Isobel loves pretending she's a red dinosaur.



Rhage reads a pregnancy book...I'm not really sure why, but he seems to be so into all this pregnancy stuff.
He also teases the kids, especially when they pretend to be kings and queens ruling over their domains. He says, "Yup, you can definitely tell you are children of a king!"



Of course, he still makes time for a little romance for me. I am ever so grateful!



He's also so playful. I'm telling you, these vampires are spoiling me. I feel like he's my boyfriend, even though I know I shouldn't feel that way. Oh well, I'm just enjoying myself now. I'll deal with the repercussions later.



I'm sitting in the study one day when all of a sudden a strong pain hits.



I go into my bedroom and try to do a home labor, which I instantly regret...I need hospitals, attendants, doctors, and epidurals!



Soon, I can feel the baby almost ready to come out.



Suddenly, I am holding a beautiful baby boy in my arms.



Welcome to the world, Baby 23: Elijah Reed!


5 comments:

  1. Rhage is so funny with the way he's so interested in the pregnancy. Ha ha! At least Hadley only had one this time! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very adorable post :)

    http://thejameslegacy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cat: Thank you! I thought it was hilarious too! He was constantly listening and talking to her tummy!

    @Catherine: Thank you for checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Paisley: Thanks! I do too...poor Hadley didn't know what she was getting herself into! LOL

    ReplyDelete