Saturday, December 3, 2011

Oh My, My, My: The Wedding Day Part 1




Mason and I both dream about the wedding all night long.  I can't believe I'm finally getting married!


Mason decided on a white jacket and black pants for his tux to get married in...isn't he handsome?


I wake up in the morning excited, but nervous.  I've never considered myself the marrying kind...I don't know if I can do it...or if I can be a good wife...or...yeah, so I have like, a TON of worries...maybe I'll ask Mom to bring me some Valium...but...I don't want to have to drug myself to walk down the aisle...that's nuts, right?


Mason gets up to help the girls get ready...and he's not allowed in here anymore...this is officially the bridal dressing room...I call my mom to make sure everything is going as planned.
Me: Are you bringing my dress?
Mom: No, I'm leaving it at home...OF COURSE I'm bringing the dress!
Me: What about the food?
Mom: Done.
Me: What about the flowers?
Mom: Done.
Me: What about the cake?
Mom: Done.
Me: What about...?
Mom: Mimi, just relax...deep breaths...everything is going to go fine.  Do you want me to bring you a Valium?
Me: No...how bad would that be...yeah, I had to be drugged up to get married...
Mom: Hey, don't knock it until you try it.
Me: Were you on Valium when you married Daddy?
Mom: Hmm...no, I'm pretty sure it was vodka.
Me: Mom!
Mom: Honey, don't worry...seriously, I'm on my way and everything is going to be fine.

Of course I know that...but I can't help but worry...I'm relinquishing a little too much control for my liking...


Just as I'm about to get dressed, Vanessa runs in.
Vanessa: Mom!  Do I have to wear a dress?
Me: Honey, I would really like you to...
Vanessa: But I don't have to?
Me: You'll stick out like a sore thumb if you don't...everyone else is going to be dressed up.
Vanessa: Hmm...maybe I oughta wear a dress...
Me: I think so...hey, who's here so far?
Vanessa: No one yet...Aunt Evie got here a little bit ago and she's helping Blair and Jenny get ready.
Me: What's Mason doing?
Vanessa: Standing outside.
Me: Is he doing anything else?
Vanessa: He keeps going to the food table, then going to the drink place.
Me: The bar?
Vanessa: Yeah...
Me: Is he drinking anything?
Vanessa: I don't know...

Okay, using my child as a spy probably isn't a good idea, so I send her out to get ready.



The girls look beautiful...Mom found them dresses that have the same color as the barrettes that are going to go in my hair.  And Evie put a little makeup on both of them...


The chairs were arranged perfectly, and so was the alter...and the lights...and there were plenty of natural flowers growing, so we didn't need all that many.

***MASON'S POV***


Man, maybe I should have worked out a little more before the wedding...this suit is a little tight.
Whew, my palms are sweating so bad, the ring is going to slide right off my finger during the vows.  I can't help but be nervous.  I love Hadley with all my heart, and I know she loves me, but what if she bails on me at the last minute?  She has always been weird about marriage.  What if she leaves me standing at the alter looking like a fool?  I decided a long time ago that I would wait for however long it takes for her to realize she loves me too, but I'm not getting any younger, and I don't think I can take anymore waiting...


The girls walk outside and they look gorgeous...just like their mother.  Yeah, maybe I'm whipped or being a pussy or whatever, but I can't stop the big smile coming across my face when I think about marrying Hadley.  I just hope she doesn't get cold feet...

We just have to wait for everyone else to get here to start the ceremony.

I'm crossing my fingers that everything will go okay.

***HADLEY'S POV***


After Mom gets here with my dress, she fixes my hair, helps me into the thing, and then goes downstairs to check on everything.  I guess the control freak gene is on the maternal side...
Vanessa walks in just as I'm about to finish.
Vanessa: Oooh, Mama!  You look pretty!
Me: Thanks baby. *big deep breath*
Vanessa: Are you having a baby?
Me: *look at her strangely* No...why?
Vanessa: Because you're breathing hard...
Me: I'm not having a baby sweetie...
Vanessa: Then what's wrong with you?
I smile at my inquisitive girl and take one last deep breath.
Me: Nothing baby, I'm just fine.



I pulled her into a hug and sent her out to get ready.  It's almost time. *Girly squeal!*



I take one last look at myself before I head downstairs.  For the first time, it really hits me.  I really look like a bride.  I am about to be someone's wife.  My whole life is about to change...but somehow still the same.  Mason and I have really been together our whole lives, we're just now making it official.  This realization makes me smile.  One more deep breath and I'm ready.



And I have to say this...Damn, I look good!  Hehe...

***MASON'S POV***



I know this looks bad...but I am so nervous my knees are shaking...hence the sitting.

I know getting ready for a wedding is a big deal for the bride and everything, but all this waiting is killing me.

"Hey, ya' alkie," my sister's voice comes up behind me.
"Hoo...har har," I reply.
"Damn, what's up your butt?" Evie asks.
"Sorry sis, I'm just nervous..."
"About what?"
Even though it's probably a silly notion, I tell my sister my fear,
"That she'll back out,"
Evie walks next to me, "That isn't going to happen."
I look back at her with genuine concern, "How do you know?"
My sister puts her hand on my shoulder, "Because she's ready."
Oh wow.  This is it.


6 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! Let's get to the vows and make this thing official.

    They are so cute with both being so nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natasha Bedingfield's "Love Like This" came on the radio today and made me think of Hadley and Mason. *lingering sigh* Makes me want a love like theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, I love Mason's and Evie's communication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't mention this before, but let me just tell y'all that I was going to write the entire wedding together, but I am being so OCD about it that it's taking forever, so I decided to split it up! Glad y'all enjoyed it!

    @jazen: LOL I know! I am loving writing this wedding!

    @Cat: Thank God we're finally here! I'm with ya! LOL

    @Violet: Yay! Me too!

    @August: Awwww! That's going on the Hadley & Mason playlist...and I definitely want a love like theirs too!

    @Paisley: LOL I do too! IDK if you have a brother, but brother-sister relationships are like none other. That part makes me miss my brother!

    ReplyDelete