Monday, December 12, 2011

Babies 93 & 94: Real Housewives of Butterfly Acres?

Time sure flies when you're having fun...or not paying attention...either way, it is already time to age the girls up...


Blair is a spunky adult with all kinds of plans to travel the world.


Jenny is a sweet girl who is always conscientious of others...especially her sisters.



Vanessa is a little less of a tomboy, but still has an edgy side to her.



After the wedding, our little family spends some time relaxing and spending time together.
It is important to me that we all sit and eat as a family, as it was important to my mother, and hers before her.

Even though they are twins, the girls are very different.



Jenny is quiet and spends a lot of time reading.



Vanessa is a computer whiz, so she spends a lot of time here.  Even though she begs, I refuse to get her a computer of her own.  What with all the crap a teenager can get to online, I don't want to make it really easy for them by putting a computer in their bedroom.



Mason and I haven't really discussed continuing the baby making, but we haven't done anything to prevent it, so I am not surprised when I wake up to that same nauseous feeling rolling around in my stomach.



Finding it difficult to keep it a secret, I bombard Mason as soon as he comes down the stairs.
Mason: *yawn* Morning *yawn*
Me: I'm pregnant.
Mason: *look of shock*  Um...ok...
Me: That's not really the reaction I was hoping for...
Mason: *gives me a look* Give me a break baby, I haven't even had a cup of coffee yet.
Me: Oooh....yeah...sorry love...
Mason wipes the sleep out of his eyes and walks up to me.
Mason: Ok, let's try this again...
Me: *laugh* Ok, Mason, I'm with child...your child to be exact.



He picks me up and twirls me around yelling, "Woo-hoo!"
Mason: Better?
Me: Yes...much...
I can't help but laugh.  I'm going to have to remember that even though this will be my 93rd child, it will be his first.



Throughout the day, I think Mason wants to prove to himself that he is going to be a good father, even though I already know he is...so he is more proactive with the girls...that includes with normal fatherly advice...



Fixing stuff around the house...



...and reprimanding when need be.



The girls age into adults because they are ready and to make room for more children.  Jenny still looks a whole lot like me, but she is much skinnier.



Vanessa favors her father's side as usual.  Both girls have my mother's hair color.



Speaking of...the next day, I start showing and see my parents in town.
Me: Hey!  I guess it's obvious that I'm pregnant...



Daddy: I was going for stealing a watermelon...
Mom: Or maybe a football...
Is it any wonder I'm a little nuts?  I say it's a miracle I made it out of my childhood not completely crazy.



My dad takes off while my mom does all the "grandmother things" like talking to my stomach...



My dad comes back and surprises my mom with flowers...
Dad: To a beautiful grandmother to be.
Me: Dad, she's already a grandmother...93 times over...remember?
Dad: Yeah, but that sounded better...and she doesn't look like anyone's grandmother if you ask me.
My dad gives her a randy look and I kind of want to puke...
Mom: Mimi, a word of advice, never discourage your husband from doing something nice for you...no matter why he's saying he's doing it, or he'll never do it again.
Me: Noted...ok, I have to go meet my husband...love you both.
Mom & Dad: Bye!  Love you!
I swear, my parents are pod people.



As I walk away, I hear them arguing over what movie to go see.
Mom: Last time you picked some craptastic Nicholas Cage movie...that's two hours of my life I'll never get back, Andrew.



I meet Mason on the other side of the grocery store.
Mason: Hey baby!  I didn't know you were meeting me.
Me: Neither did I.  I just saw your car, so I thought I would stop...
Mason:  Oh, well, I was just going to head over to the bookstore, but they called an emergency practice...we've all been sucking so bad, our coach thinks we might blow it for the next game, so he's trying to get some extra practice in.
Me: Oh, ok..what did you need at the bookstore?  If you placed an order I can pick it up.
Mason looks a little sheepish.
Me: What is it?
Mason: I was going to pick up one of those baby books...I know this is same old same old for you, but I want to be prepared.
Me: Oh, sweetie, you don't have to be embarrassed...I didn't have a clue what I was doing when I first started...and I didn't have enough money to buy a baby book.
Mason *laughs*: Well, there's some benefit to starting later...ok, well, I gotta get going.
He gives me a kiss on the cheek, pats my stomach, and takes off.

After he leaves, I head over to the bookstore and grab one of the two baby books they have in stock, then I sit down and start to read it...even though I've already had 93 children, I can always learn something new.



Of course, when I find a park bench, I see my parents...apparently they couldn't decide on a  movie, so they decide to make out instead...Gross.



I can tune out the kissing sounds, but when they start the ooey-gooey "you're so strong" vs. "you're so beautiful" crap, I have to get out of there.  It's about time for Mason to come home anyway.



When I get home, Mason is there, so I give him his book.



Then we eat dinner, just the two of us...and I can't shut up about the baby.  Even though I am so used to the whole birthing, mothering, process, I have no clue how to be a wife and mother at the same time...this will be uncharted territory for me as well.



Mason sits in bed and reads his book...man, smart looks so sexy on him!



The next morning...
Mason: Hey, what do you have going on today?
Me: Nothing, why?
Mason: The owner of the team reserved a special seat for you along with the other wives.
Me: Oooh, I get to hob-knob with the other football wives?  Sounds exciting!
Mason: Yeah, get to talking, buddy up, maybe start a reality show on Vh1...



Me: Oooh, I was on the fence til' you brought up the reality show...I have to go now...
Mason: *laughs* I never took you for a reality show type...
Me: I'm not..but I am a "punch a bitch in the face when she gets mouthy" type.
Mason: How did I know?
So Mason heads out early and he sends a car for me later.

The owner of the team turns out to be a little short guy with a cowboy hat that probably weighs more than he does, and a leggy blonde wife that probably stands a good foot taller than him...and that's before the stilettos.  But they're nice enough.
The other wives are exactly what you expect...snobby gold-diggers that only pay attention to the game when one of the players gets hurt.  I figure out quickly it's because if their husband gets hurt, it's no more diamond rings and vacations at five star resorts.  Ugh.  I just roll my eyes and watch my man.  I don't know much about football, but I can pretend well enough.

Just when his team gets a touchdown, a pain shoots from my spine and my water breaks...I'm going into labor!

I yell a quick thank-you to Shorty Cowboy and his wife, let them know I'm in labor, and run outside.



Another contraction hits as soon as I get outside.  I need to get home before I birth this kid on the street!



I get home just in time...for another contraction.



Apparently they announce over the speaker that Mason needs to head home because his wife is in labor because he high-tails it out of there.



He runs in just as I get a give-a-yell-eyes-go-crossed pain.



Mason turns into the best cheerleader ever...



...and pretty soon, out comes Baby 93: Daniel Reed-Pope.



As soon as I get Daniel in his crib, I am hit with another contraction...
Mason: What's happening?
Me: Apparently, I'm not done...



Soon, my second son with Mason, Baby 94: Nathan Reed-Pope is born.

5 comments:

  1. Mason's first children with Hadley!!!! Eeek!

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED that post! "I guess it's obvious that I'm pregnant." " I was going for stealing a watermelon..."
    That part made me crack up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cat: Yup! I'm pretty much super excited too! LOL

    @Paisley: Thanks! LOL I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first Mason babies!!!! Yay for two boys I bet they will be super adorable.

    They make a cute couple and I smile reading their conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jazen, I'm glad you enjoy them...I really do too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete