Thursday, December 1, 2011

I Can't Believe What I Just Agreed To...


Even though Mason isn't the biological father of any of my children, he has taken such an active role in the whole process from conception on, that it seems like they're his as well...


"You are incredible," Mason tells me right after Jenny and Vanessa are born.
I laugh, "Thank you.  Where did that come from?"
Mason looks at me and at the girls with such amazement, "The fact that these babies were living inside you just a couple hours ago...and now they're here...it's...unreal."
Even though I am moved by his sweet words, I can't help but make a joke, "Did you think babies came from storks, Mason?"
He rolls his eyes and pulls me toward him, "you know what I mean."



"Well, thank you sweetie," I give him a big hug.
He pulls away from me hurriedly, "Oh crap, I forgot I have to work today."
He runs into our room and changes his clothes before coming back into the nursery, giving me a peck on the cheek and runs out the door.



I have to admit, I've even gotten used to the pimp suit.



I love watching him walk...he's just so...hot...ahhh...oh, wait, what?  Ahh, I got distracted again.



Even though he's a professional athlete and he makes plenty of money, he's still driving this clunker to and from work...hmm...that gives me an idea...



While Mason's at work, all the girls keep me plenty busy.  I have two teenagers, one child, and two infants...yeah, I would say my plate is definitely full...not to mention it's birthday time again!



As soon as Mason gets home from work, we have birthdays!



Serena is gorgeous, of course.  She looks like Snow White...even though she doesn't like how pale her skin is.



Lily looks slightly different than Serena, and of course she is heavier, but she is still beautiful.



Blair grows into a beautiful teenager.



I have actually been thinking about some things, so I really need to talk to Mason alone. I ask Blair to listen in for the twins (and bribe her with money and car privileges), and we settle on the couch.



Mason: What's going on baby girl?
Me: Well, I was thinking...
Mason: Uh-oh.
Me: What?
Mason: I have known you long enough to know that when you've been thinking about something, you usually have a hair-brained scheme up your sleeve.
Me: *look innocent* Who?  Me?  Yeah...that's probably true...
Mason: *laughs* Ok, I'll bite...what were you thinking?
Me: I was thinking about what I should do for my next baby daddy and I was thinking about not going through the sperm bank this time.
Mason: Ok, well, the alternative is doing it the old fashioned way, right?
Me: Yeah...
Mason: I have to say, if you are thinking about spicing up our love life, I don't think this is the way to do it...



Me: Well, I was thinking about you being the next baby daddy...
Mason: Me?  That would be great...I mean, I want to have children with you at some point, I guess I just thought it would be after your challenge...
Me: Well, here's my thinking...I'm on Baby 92, right?  So I have eight children to go, and I know you will want your own children eventually, and who knows how I'll feel about having more children once I'm done with the challenge, so I thought we may as well go ahead and have the last eight together.



Mason looks ahead and takes a deep breath...
Mason: Wow...um, this is kind of unexpected...what about wanting to have all different fathers?
Me: Eh, I thought about it and that's kind of silly...I only wanted to do that before because I wanted to see all the different genetics...but most of my children have looked mostly like me anyway...and I figure having 92 babies with all different genetics is enough.
Mason: Hmm, well, that makes sense...
Me: So you'll do it?



Mason pulls me up off the couch and into his arms, giving me a passionate kiss.



Me: Hmm...that sounds like a good answer to me...
Mason:  Wait, there's one more thing...if we're going to have children together, we may as well do this right.



Mason: I bought this awhile ago and I didn't plan on giving it to you for awhile...but I guess now is as good a time as any.



Mason drops to his knee...and my heart starts pounding...



He reaches into his pocket and keeps talking...
Mason: You know how I feel about you...
My heart is beating even faster...and my first instinct is to run...but when he looks up at me and I see that smile, and look into his face, I know this time is different...this time it's right...with the right person.



Mason: Hadley Keagan Reed, I have loved you since before I knew what love is.  You are my best friend, the person I turn to for strength and the person who makes me stronger than I ever thought I could be.  You have made me a better man just by being in my life, and I would like nothing more than to be able to call you my wife.  Will you marry me?



Tears fill my eyes and I can't say anything, so I just nod vigorously.



After he places the ring on my finger, I jump into his arms.  I can't believe I just agreed to be someone's wife...but I know this time it's right.
I'm so caught up that I almost forgot my other surprise...



Me: Wait!  I've got a surprise for you too!
I run and get the wrapped box...he looks up at me and smiles.
He unwraps a set of keys...
Mason: Baby, what did you do?
Me: I don't know...why don't you check outside.



He runs outside with the excitement of a child at Christmastime and sees the car that I had delivered as a surprise.



Mason: What in the...?
I follow him outside, smiling.
Mason: Can we afford this?
I laugh.
Me: Yes, I got a good deal...and I haggled...you would be proud.



After taking a look at his new car, he turns back around to me.
Mason: You are going to be the most awesome wife, you know that, right?
I laugh as he scoops me up in his arms.

6 comments:

  1. YES!!!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome she said yes!!!!! Ok so totally loved this update. Bring on the Mason babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Mason and Hadley are finally engaged!!!!! I've been waiting for this for so long.... :)

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jazen: Yay! I'm glad you liked it! I'm pretty psyched about it myself!

    @Cat: Hehe, yeah, I guess wedding bells are in the air. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! That's all I can say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! I'm really happy they're engaged now! Just wondering, but what would you have done if Hadley said no? That would've been extremely awkward... O.o

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Amanda said is kinda like what I said with ryan lol

    ReplyDelete