Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Babies 95, 96, & 97: Why Stop Now?

Before I get into the entry...I just wanted to remind anyone that has a character they would like to see in the blog to please leave me the link if I don't already have it!  Also, if I previously had your character, please let me know if you don't want to see your character in here again...

Oh...also, if there are any of Hadley's kids you would like to see again, shoot me a comment!


Mason tends to his sons with the utmost care...it's really cute.  Let me just say, I really really like having a husband to help take the load off of me.  I can't count the number of times one of the boys starts crying and he jumps up before I can even groan.  It's pretty awesome.  I just hope he has the stamina for six more.


I don't really have to worry about that long though.  One night, as soon as we get the boys down, Mason brings up working on the next batch.
Me: Are you sure?
Mason: Of course!  Don't you want to?
Me: Yeah, sure, but I don't want to overwhelm you...taking care of a bunch of kids at once is pretty tough...
Mason:  Eh, bring it on if you ask me!

I was ever so happy to oblige...and let me just say...getting pregnant this way definitely beats the whole sperm donor thing!  Hehe!


I'm not saying that Mason hasn't had the same new parent difficulties...like the lack of sleep...and stress over a baby crying and not knowing what to do with it...but it's nothing he can't handle...


Sometimes parenting can be frustrating...

Soon, enough, the boys age into toddlers!


Daniel looks more like me but has Mason's skintone...


Nathan looks more like Mason, but has my skintone...how weird is that?


Double teaming is still a lot easier than going it alone though...


Me: Have I told you how much I love you?
Mason: Uh-oh...
Me: What?
Mason: That is usually followed by a bad idea or an admission of guilt.
Me: Oh please, I'm not that bad...
Mason: Uh-huh...who used to get who in trouble when we were kids?
Me: Um, no, that was Keaton getting you in trouble all the time...
Mason: Uh-huh...nope...I seem to remember it being you because no one would ever believe a little girl could influence me...
Me: Are you saying I influenced you?
Mason: Even then baby girl.  I love you too, by the way...now hit me with it.
Me: What?
Mason: Whatever it is you're about to.
Me: That's right...well, I just wanted to let you know that we've got another bun in the oven...


Mason: That's great!  Are you warning me?
Me: Well, sort of, my sweet...we should probably work with the boys a whole lot to teach them their skills...we don't want to have two toddlers and an infant at the same time.
Mason:  Ooh, yeah, good point, I hear that.
So for the rest of the day, we work with the boys.


At the end of the day, we're almost done and still have time for ourselves...but Mason couldn't stop talking about the boys...
Mason: ...and did you hear Nathan's first word?  He said Daddy...so clear...
Me: Uh-huh...
Mason: Are you listening to me?
Me: Uh-huh...
Mason: No you're not.
Me: Uh-huh...
Mason: Hadley!


Me: Huh?  What?
Mason: Were you even paying attention to me?
Me: Yes, baby...Nathan said Daddy...I heard him when he said it.  That's great.
Mason: So why were you just answering with "Uh-huh?"
Me: Babe, my show is on...you're lucky I haven't turned it way up or sent you upstairs.
Mason takes the remote from me and pauses the show.
Mason: Hadley, meet TiVo.
Me: Oh...crap...when did we get that?
Mason: How long have you had cable?
Me: Since I moved here.
Mason: Then since you moved here.


I can't help but laugh.
Me: Man, I knew there was a reason I married you.
Mason: So you don't have to read instructions anymore?
Me: Yup...that and other things.


The next morning when we got the boys up, we finished up with a few skills then it was time to age them up!
Me: Are you ready to grow up, Nathan?
Nathan: Yes Mama!  I wanna be big like Daddy!
Me: Well, we're not quite there yet, but you'll be a little taller...and have more control over our fine motor skills...


Daniel grows up first...and is in love with this muscle shirt...


Then Nathan ages up...he looks pretty scrawny...I'm thinking it's gonna be awhile before he's as big as Mason...


Daniel is into playing outside...in the sandbox particularly...


While Nathan is more of an indoor boy.

Soon enough, I give birth to yet another set of triplets!
***Computer ate the birth pictures***


Baby 95: Christian Reed-Pope
She looks like Mason, has his eyes, and my hair and skintone.


Baby 96: Weston Reed-Pope
My little genetic anomaly...he has a mix of my and Mason's skintone, but I have no clue where the blonde hair comes from, and his eyes look green...weird...and no, he doesn't look like the postman...


Baby 97: Georgina Reed-Pope
She has my hair, her Meemaw Zoey's eyes, her daddy and Papaw T's nose, and my hair.

9 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm uploading Violet if you'd like to have her in your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No she he doesn't look like the postman LOL...Only 3 more to go. I'm not ready for this to end. :(

    here is Amari's link although she does have a new hairdo now. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4416220

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4921524
    heres violet! :)
    And i agree with jazen! its crazy, only THREE more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw how lovely! I loved this post!

    Heres Catherine if you want her : http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3965415

    Also, one of Cat's daughters if anyone needs a friend/gf - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3966116 (feel free to age her up! She is a teenager in the link)

    And finally, this guy i know some people are using as challenge dads, but feel free to use him as whatever you want him to be :P http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4863724

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving Hadley and Mason tag teaming the caring for the kids. Loved the entries lately. You can of course use Melody for your blog and if you want Jenna is available nowadays too. I need to get back to my game, there's been an update so here's hoping they've fixed my free will and crashing issue and I can play without wanting to break the disc again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I'll have to get Claire made first sooo ya I will this weekend promise!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only three more left!!!!! Mason sure make beautiful babies!!!! :)

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4718594 I know you have Paisley already, but that's a more updated version of her. And I loved their exchange about TiVo. Haha, that made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Violet: Awesome! I don't think I have her yet! Woot! I'm pretty psyched that I'm almost done with this blog...even though that means I have to get serious about the next thing I'm going to be working on, but at least I'll be doing something! LOL

    @jazen: Whew! Thought Hadley was in trouble there for a second...but seriously...I don't get what's up with those genetics! LOL I already have Amari, and I'm pretty excited about having her in my game! LOL You flatter! I'm not going anywhere though...and I'm most likely not done with Hadley and Mason's story...I see at least a little more there...but I am STILL working on a couple different projects...maybe eventually a Generation 2 baby challenge, but not for a little while...ok...anyway...shutting up! LOL

    @Catherine: Whoally moses! That's a lot of people! The more the merrier! Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!

    @spiderg1rl: Ahh! I have Melody, but I need to get Jenna! I'm definitely gonna have a lot of people! LOL

    @Claire: I was kinda hoping you would get her ready for me...that would be awesome, sweetie, thanks!

    @Cat: Yay! I'm pretty excited! Thanks!

    @Paisley: Awesome! I noticed Paisley is lookin' smokin' lately! LOL Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it...I'm trying not to make Hadley seem to flighty, but sometimes it can't be helped. LOL

    Thanks for letting me use all your characters!

    ReplyDelete