Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Babies 98 & 99: That's Gonna Leave a Mark

***This is where my computer screwed up, so I had to hurry through the story...but I'll do my best to make it entertaining***

Time marches on...I'm busy working with the triplets...and I'm pregnant again...it was lightening quick...I'm pretty sure Mason just looks at me and I get knocked up...it's crazy.

But anyway...since I'm inside with the triplets, Mason decides to have some fatherly time with Daniel.


Mason: Hey son, want me to teach you how to throw a football?
Daniel: Sure Dad!

Let me just remind you at this point that my husband is a professional football player...yeah...there's no way this can go bad....I walk outside just in time to see this:


Danny: Ow!


Mason: *under breath* Oh shit....
*aloud* Uh...are you ok, son?

Me: What happened?
Mason: Nothing.


Daniel: You hit me with the ball, Dad.
Me: Did you hit him with the ball, Mason?
Mason: Maybe just a little...I didn't mean to...
I just roll my eyes and cross my arms...I don't want to reprimand my husband in front of our son, obviously, and I have to trust that Mason is a good father...so I just stand back and watch...

Mason: He's ok...aren't you?
Daniel: Yeah, I'm fine.
Mason: Ok, good...let's try it again, son...toss it back...


Daniel does this little ballerina move...


Mason goes to throw it again and gets into perfect form to toss the ball...
Me: Ya' know, you probably don't...
I try to say something, but it's too late.

***DANNY CAM***


Mason throws the ball...


Danny's doing this move...



Sure enough, the ball hits him again...


Daniel gives Mason this look...I would sleep with one eye open tonight if I was on the receiving end of that...

It goes that way for awhile...but then...


Mason gets in his stance for the toss...
(can I just say...yummy!)


Daniel has resorted to this tactic.
Danny: *muttering* Please don't hit me, please don't hit me, Please don't hit me...
But then...


He reaches his hand up just in time...and catches it.


Danny: Dad!  Look!  I caught it!


Mason: That's my boy!

I turn around to give my attention to the triplets.
Me: I'm glad that didn't lead to an ER visit...
Mason: *yells* I heard that!
Me: *yell back* Good!


While Mason and Daniel play outside and Nathan sits inside on the computer, I work with the triplets...

Soon, it's birthday time again...


Daniel (now known as Dan) thankfully makes it out of his childhood years without any missing teeth...he looks a lot like me, but there is some of Aunt Zoey there too (I know it's weird I still call her that, it's a hard habit to break).


Nathan (now Nate) is still more of an indoor kid, he has taken to reading, playing on the computer, and caring for his siblings.



Nate and I are working with the triplets when I swear I hear Uncle T-Bone's unmistakable laugh.


I run outside only to see Mason and Dan...and the laugh again...coming from Dan.  I can't help but smile...it's funny the things that are passed down, isn't it?  I'm glad...ever since I can remember, I was always overjoyed at the sound of that laugh...it just sounds so lighthearted and happy...I'm glad I have the chance to hear it in my child now.



Dan and Nate grow up again and before I realize it, they are moving on...I can't help but be a little sad...



Well, at least I have more babies on the way and this set of triplets to care for...



Christian has that sneaky Reed look...and favors my family, but she ends up with a greenish-brown eye color sort of like her Aunt Evie.



She is another computer whiz.



Weston looks weirdly like no one else...but he's still adorable.



He's a couch potato, so he spends a lot of his time in front of the tv.



Then Georgina, my little collage kid...she looks a little more like her father at this point.



She's spunky and full of fire...and like her daddy and her Meemaw Zoey, really enjoys football.
I know she didn't get that from my side of the family...



Although I manage pretty well...



I get a couple of these looks...



Mason and I try to make it a point to spend a lot of time with the kids..



Christian loves playing in the treehouse...I'm telling you...if the walls of that thing could talk...LOL



Somehow, even though we usually go to bed exhausted, we occasionally set aside enough time for Mommy and Daddy time.



After what seems like a pregnancy that lasts forever...



I give birth to Baby 98: Lucky Reed-Pope



and Baby 99: Lucas Reed-Pope.

6 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHAHAHA! I loved the Danny Cam! That made me laugh so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Loved the post, it was very funny! Awesome! Lucky is a cute name.. sorry ur game/computer is screwed :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. So close! And as for the amusing football incident, LOL!
    But why is Dan dressed in lilac. In a girly shirt?

    Anyways, LOVED! I'd say can't wait for more, but then it'd be then end, and I don't want that.

    -Skye

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Poor little Danny!

    OMG, only 1 more!!!! Congratulations on making it to far!!!!! :D

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no only 1 more. :( Congrats on making it to the end! I don't know if I'll ever get there LOL.

    Huge party for baby 100!!

    Loved the football shots those were too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Paisley: Thanks! LOL I was literally rolling when it was happening in the game...

    @Violet: Thanks! I've always liked it...ever since I used to watch General Hospital with my grandmother. LOL...yeah, it was a pain...but at least I got the challenge done before I lost everything.

    @Skye: Ahh! You noticed! LOL I really wasn't dressing them at that point...the one he's in as an adult is actually a hospital gown...lol I'm glad you liked the football scene!

    @Cat: Thanks! Yeah, I felt bad for him, but it was just too hilarious! Thank you! I can't believe I've made it this far either!

    @jazen: Thank you! You totally will...you're going about it more like a story than I am...which is awesome! LOL Yeah, I'm planning something!

    It means so much to me that all of you are so attached to Hadley's story that you don't want it to end! I do have something in the works after this, and I might come back to Hadley every now and then! Thanks for all your support!

    ReplyDelete