Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Maintain the Pain


I jump into caring for my daughters with Ryan with everything I have, which isn't much at this point.  I feel numb.  I'm going through the motions of my every day life, but it's not the same.  I haven't heard from Mason in days and I won't answer anyone's phone calls.  Evie, my mom, Aunt Z, they've all tried calling, but I can't bring myself to talk to them.  I just want to concentrate on taking care of these babies.


Right after Karen and Sheila are born, Ryan comes over.  I look at him and think about how much I love him.  I wouldn't be trying so hard if I didn't, right?


We go inside and he gives me one of his world famous kisses.


"I've missed you, baby," he tells me as he pulls away.
"I've missed you too," I reply, looking in his eyes.  I am really lucky to have found a man that is willing to deal with all this challenge stuff.


"Do you want to go upstairs and meet your daughters?" I ask him, sure that he'll be so excited to see them.
"Yeah, sure." he replies.  Not as much enthusiasm as I would have hoped, but okay.
"Come on," I take the lead and head upstairs, thinking he's right behind me.


Of course, when I get upstairs and turn around, he hasn't followed me.  I don't know where he is, but he's not in the nursery.  Okay.  Just then, my phone rings.
It's Evie.  Time to face the music.


Me: Hello?
Evie: Okay, so you're not dead.  Well, that's a relief.
Me: I'm sorry...it's been a rough couple days.
Evie: What's been going on?
Me: I suppose you heard about the conversation I had with Mason.
Evie: Hmm, I just talked to him today and he didn't say anything about talking to you.
Me: Oh, well I basically acted like a spaz...hey, let me ask you something...
Evie: Sure...
Me: What do you think about this Deidra girl he's marrying?
Evie: Well...she's okay...I like her...not exactly who I pictured Mason with, but ya' know how that goes.
Me: Yeah...so...uh, he's happy then?
Evie: Um...I think so, as much as he tells me.
Me: What's with you?  You're being weird.
Evie: No I'm not...look, why don't you talk to him about all this?


Me: Yeah, I did...it didn't go over very well.
Evie: So talk to him again...this is Mason we're talking about.
Me: Yeah...
Evie: You really should talk to him.
I sigh.  I don't know why everyone is so freakin' bent on me talking to Mason.  
I get off the phone with Evie and get back to my responsibilities.


I go in search of Ryan and find him out on the front porch.
Me: What are you doing out here?
Ryan: Oh, I don't know...I just needed some air.
Me: Okay...are you ready to go in now?  The girls are just waking up a little bit...



Ryan: Could I not go in just yet?
Me: What's with you?
Ryan: I'm just...a little...I don't know.
Me: Ryan, they're babies...nothing to be afraid of...
Ryan: I'm not afraid!  I mean...I'm just...this is just heavy stuff...
Me: Oh yeah, I've done this so much that I've forgotten what it's like to be a first time parent.
Ryan: Yeah...it's kind of nerve-wrecking.
Me: Okay, just take a little time, maybe go out back to the hot tub for a minute...then we'll go.



Cuddling in the hot tub turns out to be something we both need.  I feel a little more relaxed than I did before.



After we sit in the hot tub for a little bit, I can hear the girls crying, so we have to go in.  Ryan walks in timidly but when he sees the girls, he relaxes.  They're both pretty good babies, so hopefully they won't freak him out too much.



Although he jumps at every little sound they make...much like any new parent would.



As soon as I tend to the girls and they're both asleep, he gives me this look...
Me: What?
Ryan: You are incredible.
Me: Well..thank you...what brought this on?
Ryan: Watching you...with our children...it's just...perfect.
Me: Aww, yeah...



Ryan: I want you to know that I love you so much...more than I thought I could ever love anyone.  I know I can be selfish and stubborn sometimes, but I swear I'll work on it...I will do anything to make you happy.
Me: I love you too sweetie.  I'm not all that easy to get along with either...so I understand...



I look at him now and see the man he wants to be, the man I want him to be.  Even if he's not there quite yet, he'll get there.  All I have to do is be patient.

10 comments:

  1. (:
    iloveeee your stories (:
    after this one are you making another one , & do you have pets ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!
    I have an idea for another project next, but it's not a baby challenge...I have to work some details out first...I actually do have pets and I love it! You won't see any pets in Hadley's challenge, but you will in whatever I decide to work on next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! (As per usual :D ) though i really think mason and hadley are better together… hm… o.O we'll see :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved the post!! im glad ryan is working on getting used to the challenge and im happy they finally had babies together!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryan is a nice enough guy, but she is having some feelings for Mason she doesn't want to face. Has hard as they are both trying, I don't see things working out for her and Ryan. He's just too flaky. She needs to talk to Mason!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want Mason to look up one day and realize who he's missing in his life! I like Ryan and Hadley together but... um, not as much as Mason and Hadley.

    Mason + Hadley = Good

    Ryan + Hadley = not so much

    Love this post and I'm glad to hear that you are going to start something after her challenge. I can't wait to start reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Cassie?

    Do you have any Vampire Females?

    I only have Three Vampires on Tap, and one is Mother 10 (Gianna From Manic Maxine's BC), The other two aren't even downloadable yet.

    Let me know Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey packerfan, I actually do. Check out my Children page...there are quite a few...I'll go ahead and link them here because I'm not sure if I've updated all of them, but you can see pictures of them on the children page.

    Vicki
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zstcfrtl9dn5b9y

    Jules
    http://www.mediafire.com/?9nakk9v8q3i8230

    Isobel
    http://www.mediafire.com/?j1p1a6fav9m7xid

    Rose
    http://www.mediafire.com/?64ha9mch855ghad

    Rachel
    http://www.mediafire.com/?d1awyh66yy5dpto

    Wellsie
    http://www.mediafire.com/?oxyosloa7eossnz

    Sue
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mtlfu24b3ggfads

    Quinn
    http://www.mediafire.com/?9abkx6q4sxxp4xo

    Tina
    http://www.mediafire.com/?92wrgyq56klnrwd

    Most of them are dark haired, but Isobel and Sue are lighter haired. Sue is a very thick girl and Quinn is a curvy thick girl.
    Rachel has a unique hair color with red, blonde, and brown in it, even though in the picture it looks mostly red...and she has canary yellow eyes. If you post anything about your game, I'd love to read it!

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I freakin' love your blog!! I always have something to read because you post so often! I think you write the best challenge blog I have ever read (belive me I've read a lot!!) Keep going and pleeeeease can you have a heir ( I think either Bonnie, Jenna, Tina, Hallie, Cici ot Lois are the most pretty )and I loooooooooove Hadley!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Catherine! So I'm guessing you're a Team Mason, huh? LOL

    So, Violet...am I getting that you like Ryan better? I just kind of want to get an idea...LOL Thanks for reading...their daughters are beautiful! I can't wait to show them to y'all!

    Hehe, Jazen, I wish I could bring Amari on my challenge just to tell her to talk to Mason like everyone else!

    Cat, I loved your comment! I hope I can get the new challenge idea ironed out enough to be easy to follow and write about...that's what I dig about the baby challenge...pretty much as long as the character has 100 babies, you're good...lol

    Packersfan, I replied to you above...I hope you end up using some of her daughters and let me know how it turns out!

    Thank you so much, Akemi-chii! That is an amazing compliment considering all the wonderful challenges out there! I still haven't decided if I want to do another baby challenge, but if I do, I will definitely use one of Hadley's daughters.

    ReplyDelete