Sunday, October 23, 2011

Babies 75, 76, & 77: Trouble in Paradise, Someone New, and More Babies!


Having a boyfriend is fun...if only just to have someone to hang out with all day when the kids are in school.  When it's just the two of us, Ryan and I always have a blast.


It's prom season again!  Neither of my boys are too enthused about it.  Thad didn't dress up all that much...but at least he took the limo I got for him.


Patrick tries to up his cool points by riding in on this scooter.  I hate to tell him, hot pink does not make an entrance.  


I cook dinner for Bradley, Benna, Ryan, and I.


Ryan tries to make an effort with the kids, but I can tell he's uncomfortable.


"Thank you," I tell him.
He looks at me confused, "For what?"
"Trying to be accepting of my life.  I know it's hard, and I appreciate your efforts." I reply.
He sighs and looks up at me.  His eyes are full of pain and I wish I could take that away, but I can't.  I have made a commitment to this challenge and I'm so close to being done, I can't quit now.
"Is it that obvious?" he says, "I thought I was getting better at hiding it."
"It would be hard for anyone, Ryan," I say.
"I really think I can deal with it," he starts, "I just need some time."
"Of course, love," I tell him, "take all the time you need."


Ryan goes home and the girls are upstairs doing their homework, so I go to bed.


Fiona and Veronica are always giggly and friendly.  I love waking up and caring for them first thing in the morning.  It always makes my day better.


Of course, I would rather skip out on other things...like household chores.


Ryan calls me and invites me out to Jolt for the night.  I line up a sitter and take him up on his offer.


I also need to continue in my challenge, so I order another baby daddy.  He has gray eyes and he's very good looking...hopefully the baby will have his good looks!


After inseminating myself, I meet up with Ryan.  He's outside waiting for me.
"Hey there, gorgeous," he greets me.
I laugh, "well hello, handsome.  Shall we go in?"


I get Ryan out on the dance floor...


Which I soon realize may not have been a good idea because he keeps falling.


After all the dancing, we grab a bite.  Bar food isn't really good for you, but it's delicious.  Yummy, onion rings and hot wings!


Ryan starts talking about switching careers.  Apparently, he went to culinary school, but kind of fell into being a personal trainer.  He finishes his spill and looks up at me, "You're being awfully quiet.  What's going on?"
I have been trying to find a diplomatic way to tell him that I got impregnated again, but I can't, so I just blurt out, "I'm pregnant."
He kind of glares, even though he tries to hide it.  He doesn't say anything.
"Well?  You're not going to say anything?" I ask him.


"What is there to say?" he starts, "You're knocked up...again.  Woopy!"
"Well that's rude," I tell him, "you want to know what's going on in my life, that's it.  Now you're mad?"
He sighs, obviously exasperated, "Look, I know it's rude and probably not fair, but I don't want to know when you're pregnant.  It gets to a point where it's pretty obvious, so I can figure out.  I just don't want to talk about it."
"Fine." I reply and refuse to speak to him through dinner.  I swear, sometimes I wonder why I'm even with him...if he can't accept what I'm doing, he's never going to accept me.

After we eat, I turn to leave, but he grabs me and pulls me to him.


Oh yeah, now I remember...
Ryan: I'm sorry.
Me: I'm sorry too, but I told you...I'm not going to stop my challenge...for anyone.  I don't know how to make you okay with it.
Ryan: I don't know either, but I love you and I am willing to try...if you're willing to let me.
Me: I love you too.  I am willing to give you time, but if I'm going to be attacked and you're going to get angry every time I get pregnant, I can't handle that.
Ryan: Yeah....
Me: And it's not fair to ask me not to talk about it.  This is such a big part of my life.
Ryan: I know...
Me: So...
Ryan leans in for another mind-blowing, heart melting kiss and we part on good terms.  Well, as good as we can be.


The next morning, I start thinking about investing in more businesses around town.


I've had so many babies here, I figure I may as well own the darn thing, so I buy out the hospital.


When I get home, it's time to age Fiona and Veronica up.


Fiona has my blue eyes and nose, but gets her facial structure from her father.  Elliot's features don't really look that good on girls, do they?


Veronica has her father's green eyes and my nose. 


I get them settled and then go get everyone else for their birthdays.



Thad still keeps his shaved head, but he is a smart boy.  He wants to be a doctor.



Patrick looks just like his brother, but with hair.  I can't wait to see what they do with their lives.



Bradley is absolutely gorgeous.  She tells me she has to overcome her boy name, so she gets really good at doing makeup and hair.



Benna is beautiful as well.  Bradley makes sure she's dolled up every day as well.



I start showing the next morning.  I can't help but be a little conflicted with this pregnancy.  I stand by my challenge, but I know my life would be easier if I just wanted to settle down with one person and have the normal 2 to 3 kids.



But being a mother doesn't give you a whole lot of time for self-reflection, especially when you have two fussy toddlers.



They were so good natured as infants, but they're little terrors now.



"Lord, mercy, Mama needs a break, Fiona," I tell her even though she's not listening because she's obviously screaming.  I call up a sitter and head to the spa.



On the way out, I see my daddy!
"Hey Mimi," he greets me
"Daddy!" I exclaim, "What are you doing here?"
"You didn't think I was this gorgeous naturally, did you?" he jokes.
"Yes, actually," I laugh and reply.



Daddy: So, what's going on with you, butter bean?
Me: Oh, nothing, the usual.
Daddy: How are things going in your new relationship?
Me: Oh, not so good...Ryan is...
Daddy: Ryan?  I thought...
He stops before he finishes his thought.
Me: What?  What did you think?
Daddy: Nothing, baby.  So what's going on with you and Ryan?
Me: Well, he's having issues with my challenge...and I don't know how to help him get over them.  He's got me rethinking doing the challenge at all...and I'm so confused, I don't know what to do.



Daddy: Baby girl, you just do what your heart tells you to do.  I've never known you to be a pushover, why start now?
Me: That's true...
Daddy: Besides, if he messes with you too much, just tell him your Mama's got a real bad temper and your Daddy's got a shot gun.*
Me: Daddy!
Daddy: Just sayin is all...



I give him a big hug before I leave.  I just love him.



When I get home, I see Benna has already let the sitter go and she's watching some rescue pets show with Veronica.



"Oh my goodness, Ronnie!  Will they be able to find them in time?" I hear her saying.  She loves her little siblings and really gets into these shows for them.  I chuckle.



Later, I go over to my mom's house for a "pool party" even though they don't have a pool, but whatever...
I see Evie there...she tells me that work is going good, but she's still struggling with her fertility.  They have been doing invitro for awhile and it's just not working.



Me: Mom, you do realize you need a pool to have a pool party, right?
Mom: Well this can be a no pool party then...



Me: Seriously, this is the second time I've shown up in my bathing suit for a "pool party"
Mom: ...and you think I'm being ridiculous?



Me: Haha, but seriously, what gives?  Why do you keep throwing these things?  Pools don't magically appear just because you throw parties for them.
Mom: They do if you have a stubborn husband that's too cheap to put in a pool until you keep throwing "pool parties" and casually mentioning that it would be so nice to have something for all these people to do when they come to visit.

Hmm, my mother is either losing her mind, or an evil genius, I can't figure out which.



Well, turns out, there was plenty of water for her "non" pool party.  After dinner, first the dishwasher broke, then the sink broke.



Uncle T-Bone tries to come to the rescue, but I beat him to it.  I guess it's a good thing I wore my swimsuit after all.



The next day, it's back to the grindstone...I'm going to teach these fussy toddlers everything if it kills me.



Before I know it, I am potty training Fiona, the last thing I have to do before I age them up!  Woo-hoo!



Fiona looks mostly like Elliot, but he has my mom's hair color and my eyes.



Veronica has the prettiest eyes, doesn't she?  My green-eyed kids have a special place in my heart because there aren't that many of them.



After I age them up, I call Ryan and invite him to the local pond.  I've been wanting to do some fishing lately and I want him to join me.



He's happy to see me, but he's not that into fishing, so he reads...ok, well he could have told me that, but whatever.



He doesn't even see when I catch the biggest fish ever!  He's too busy talking to my Aunt Kelsey...



Do you ever feel like people are talking about you?



Ryan isn't having all that much fun, so he goes home.  Okay, whatever dude.



I'm on my way to Aunt Z & Uncle T-Bone's house for a party when I get a call from Ryan.
Ryan: Hey, sorry I was weird today.
Me: Ryan, I'm getting sick of hearing your apologies.
Ryan: What do you want me to do, Hadley?  Just forget about it?  That's worse.
Me: No, I want you to stop doing things you have to apologize for.
Ryan: I'm trying...
Me: I know, Ryan.  Look, I have to go right now, but we'll talk about this later, ok.
Ryan: Ok.
Me: Cool...love you, bye.
Ryan: Yeah, love you too...bye.



Since mostly everyone is out in the hottub and preggo me can't use it, I sit inside with this chick.  I've never met her before, but she seems nice enough.



Halfway through watching a boring TV show, I decide to talk to her.
Me: Hey, have we met before and I just don't remember?
Girl: No, this is the first time I've been here.
Me: Oh, well, I'm Hadley.
Girl: I know who you are.
Me: Oh, ok...what's your name?
Girl: My name is Deidra...Deidra Jennings.
Me: Oh, ok...how do you know Zoey and T?
Deidra: I don't really...I just met them.  I came here with Mason.



I am shocked.  Why didn't Mason tell me he is dating someone?  There has to be something wrong with her...



Maybe she's a gold digger or something...I'd better investigate this chick.
Me: Oh, how did you two meet?
Deidra: We work together.
Me: You're a professional football player?
Deidra: *laughs* No, I'm his team publicist and since he's the up and coming player to watch this year, we spend a lot of time together.



Me: Oh, so you're not dating?
Deidra: Oh, yes, we've been dating for awhile now...



I get this pain in my chest...it has to be heartburn...right?
Me: Hmm, so...um...you really like him, huh?
Deidra: What's not to like?  He's amazing.  That smile, those eyes, he has the biggest heart, he's so sweet...that...hey, are you ok?  Are you crying?
Me: *sniffle* No, my eyes are just watering.  My allergies are acting up.
Deidra: Everything is dead, are you sure you're ok?



Her concern for me makes me hate her.  I need to get away from her...and quickly.  I'm having trouble breathing and my chest has this pain...what is wrong with me?  I make a hasty exit.
Me: Well, it was nice meeting you.
Deidra: You too!  Mason talks about you all the time.
I barely hear her though, because my ears are starting to ring.  I feel like I'm hyperventilating or something.



Aunt Z catches up with me.
Zoey: Whoa, hey there, girl.  Are you ok?  You're not going into labor are you, I'm pretty sure I have a bucket of water and some towels somewhere...
I laugh.  Thank God for Aunt Zoey.



Me: I think I'm fine.  No labor right now, so you're good.
Zoey: Whew...I just had this carpet cleaned...
Me: *laugh hysterically* You're safe.
Zoey: So, what's going on?  I saw you over there talking to Deidra.
Me: Oh, yeah...so...uh...she's Mason's girlfriend, huh?
Zoey: Yup, so it seems.  She seems nice enough.
Me: Yeah...she seems...



I stop talking when I notice Zoey looking at me strangely, almost expectantly.
Me: What?
Zoey: Nothing...nothing.
Me: What is it?  Seriously...
Zoey: Nothing, really...I just...you and Mason should hang out more, you know, this way you won't get blind-sided at social gatherings.
Me: Yeah, we certainly do.
I talk with Aunt Z a little while longer before I head home.  I'm not feeling too well and I need to get plenty of sleep before this baby comes.



Alas, sleep is not in the cards for me.  As soon as I get home, a contraction hits me.  It's show time.



After a short time, Baby 75: Mandy Reed is born.



Followed shortly by her sister, Baby 76: Monica Reed



...and finally Baby 77: Makayla Reed.



Oh boy, it's another set of triplet girls.  I don't know if I can handle it.


*The line "your Mama's got a real bad temper and you're Daddy's got a shotgun" is adapted from "Welcome to the Family" by Little Big Town.  It's hilarious.  Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZFd_n0Yfhc

11 comments:

  1. Congrats! Wow, I hope Ryan learns to accept the challenge, Hadley and him are so good together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! more girls? will there ever be more boys?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hadley has a thing for Mason. Why has she not said anything to him, he'd probably be more understanding than Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Violet: Thanks! Yeah, it's not an easy thing to accept though, so I think she gets that.

    @Claire: Yeah, for real.

    @jazen: Hehe, yeah. Hadley is just messed up in the head sometimes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Jazen, why hasn't Hadley shown her true feelings for Mason?? Anyway, I liked the "pool party" and the not so random girl on the couch. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the update, Hadley needs to express her true feelings for Mason as Paul is turning out to be a chump with his constant apologies for the same thing not learning to improve and such. He knows Hadley is doing a challenge and pretty close to being done why does he feel the need to hide his feelings and to say I don't want to hear about the pregnancy. I get it but still he doesn't have to be a bit of an ass. I thought he had agreed not to be like that anymore, not hide it so Hadley doesn't know how to talk to him.

    As for the kids love them as usual, and the pool party with no pool well there was water there just not in a pool :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah and Alaric has been in my game and gave me some adorable kids, he's awesome to me as he gave me a little vampire daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MASON!! MASON!! MASON!! MASON!! PLEASE MASON!!! Ryan is being too,… jerk-faced :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Cat: I think ultimately Hadley is still afraid of commitment. Maybe Ryan is safe? Who knows...but I kind of feel for Ryan too...I can't imagine trying to date someone who keeps getting knocked up by other people. LOL

    @spiderg1rl: Thanks as usual! I am for sure going to have to get to your page and do some major catching up ASAP!

    @Catherine: Hehe...I'm glad you like him. Mason's character really grew on me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your challenge a while ago and just caught up with it. It's pretty darn amazing! =)

    I love Mason! Hadley should be with him instead. Plus, it isn't fair for her or Ryan that she obviously wants to be with Mason instead. (Because face it, Hadley is in a relationship that isn't working out anyways and Ryan's girl has her eyes on another man.)

    Anywho, I can't wait for the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Amanda, thank you for reading and commenting! I'm glad you like my challenge! You bring up some good points. I just put my next post up! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete