Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Back for Good

***Contains slightly adult themes that may not be appropriate for anyone under the age of 16***


I love all my children, and that's probably a good thing...


Because Bradley and Benna are really trying my patience.  They both cry pretty much all the time.  I can't take it anymore.


Not to mention, I'm on a mission to upgrade my appliances...and it's a bigger task than I thought...


Then Everett is still as moody as he's always been.  I'm telling you, having him is making me rethink my previous stance on teenage girls being the most difficult to deal with.

So when Ryan calls and tells me he's back in town for a bit, I jump at the chance to get out of the house and see him.


He's in town on business, so I'm not sure how long he's going to be here, but when I see him for the first time, my heart leaps.
"I've missed you," I blurt out before I can stop myself.
He looks surprised, but then he smiles, "I was hoping you would say that.  I've missed you too."
"What happened with us?" I ask, only partially rhetorically.
"I guess things were just never right," he says.
I can't help but think that part of it is me.  I've always kept people at a distance and Ryan was no different.  I never let him come to my house, I never called him...he always had to call me.  I get the feeling that sometimes I made him feel like the needy chick.
I have a lot of making up to do...starting right now.


Before he can protest and before I can notice the paparazzi watching every move we make, I wrap my arms around him and kiss him...I sense his approval when his strong, warm arms slide around and up my back, pulling me in even tighter.


"Well, that was unexpected," he says as he pulls his lips off of mine.
"It was long overdue," I say.
"Agreed," he replies.
I know the time we spend together in the next few minutes is crucial.  I have to prove to him that I'm ready to jump in with both feet this time.


"I want you to come over," I say.
He looks puzzled, "To your house?"
"Yeah, come over, hang out with me today, have dinner, the whole thing," I start, "What do you think?"
"Um, yeah, sure...what about your kids?" he asks.
Before, I was always very concerned about keeping any romantic life I have away from my kids...but this wasn't some new guy, this is Ryan...a guy that I've been fighting my feelings for...for way too long.  It's time to introduce him to my life.
"I want you to meet them," I say...and I'm proud of the fact that I left no conditions...no "If that's cool", "If you want to"s...none of that...no cushions...I am putting myself out there and not acting all nonchalant about it either.  This is pretty heavy...
"When?" he asks, still waiting for me to back down.
"Right now," I say.


The kids are at school, so we come inside and sit down on the couch.  He looks nervous, but I am feeling more and more content.  I don't know why I was fighting this for so long.  Maybe I can have a relationship and continue in my challenge...


"What's wrong?" I ask when I see how tense he looks.
"I just don't want to do anything wrong," he says, " I feel like I'm dreaming right now, I don't want to mess it up."
"What could you possibly do to mess it up?" I ask him.
He looks around, "I don't know...say the wrong thing...spill something..."



I put my arm around him, "Are you kidding me?  Do you know how many children have spilled something on this couch at some point?  I'm not even sure this couch is the original color..."
He laughs, "thank you."



"For what?" I ask him.
"For reminding me what attracted me to you in the first place."
We sit like that for a minute before I have a burning desire to be doing so much more...if you get my drift.



Oh the shame!  Is that tongue?  I do believe it is!



We make out for a little while on the couch, but then I hear the bus pulling up...
"We're going to have to stop, my kids are coming home," I tell him between breaths.



As he pulls away and before Everett walks in the door, he looks me in the eyes and says,
"I love you."



I am shocked, but I don't have time to react because Everett walks in with this hairstyle...which is so against his character...and moody as hell.



I introduce Ryan to the kids and we sit down for dinner.



Things are going fine until Everett decides to start showing his ass.
"So, are you the new baby daddy?" he asks Ryan.
"Nope, I'm a friend," Ryan is trying to be nice to him.  Not overly friendly, but just nice.
"So you're banging?" Everett jabs.



"Everett!" I scold.
"What?  I think that's a relevant question." he replies.
"That's a question that is firstly, none of your business and secondly, inappropriate and you know it." I respond.



"I want you to apologize for being rude," I direct.
"Yeah, sorry...whatever." Everett says before getting up and stomping off to his room.
"Sorry about that," I apologize for my son's behavior.
Ryan just shrugs, "It's ok...maybe it wasn't such a good idea to come over so quickly."
"No, I want you here," I tell him, "the kids will be fine."



After dinner, Ryan helps me clean up and once the kids are all in bed, we cuddle on the couch.  I could definitely get used to this.



"Thanks for helping with the dishes," I tell him, "I hate that part the most!"
"No problem," he replies, "thanks for such a good dinner...I've been living on pizza since I've been back...um, about what I said before..."



I can feel my heart racing...he's looking at me and expecting me to say it back.  I want to, I really do, but I'm scared...of what, I'm not really sure, but I am.
"Let's go upstairs," I offer.



We get comfortable on my bed and I feel like it's now or never...
"Ryan?"
"Yeah?"
"I love you too."
He smiles and sighs, "I've been waiting for those words to come across your lips for so long."



We cuddle close together, my heart finds a rhythm that closely matches his...and we just relish in the moment...
"Ryan?" I ask.
"Hmm?"
"Do you want to know what I've been waiting for?" I ask.
"What?"



I roll over to where I'm almost on top of him and look him in the eyes...
He raises his eyebrows, "I think I can guess..."



He rolls back, pulling me with him and I am reminded how strong he is.  He must have muscles on top of muscles...I feel so small compared to him...which is not easy for me to manage.
For being so strong, his lips are so soft, and he's using them rather effectively on my neck.



He pulls away and looks me in the eyes...I return his gaze.
"You have no idea how long I've waited for you," he tells me.



"Well then, what are you waiting for?" I ask playfully.



That was all he needed to jump into full force...



...into...well...you can guess...



He's pretty proud of himself right about now...we get out of bed and start talking.  There's one thing I'm worried about.



I stop him in the middle of his "I'm the Man" strut...
"Ryan, I want to talk to you about something,"



"What is it, babe?" he asks.
"What happens now?" I ask, "you don't even live in town anymore?"
"Babe," he starts, "don't worry about that...I'll move back."
"But is that the best idea for your career?" I ask him.
"I'm a personal trainer," he says, "I can work anywhere."
Hmm, I never did know what he did for a living.
"But you said you were in town on business..." I remind him.
"Well, there was a client that paid me to come into town," he says, "but mostly I just wanted to see you again."



He pulls me in for a burning hot, Earth-shattering kiss again...I get weak at the knees...whew.



"So you're going to stay?" I ask.
"I already have my eye on a house down the block." he says, "and there's something else..."
"Yes?" I ask.
"I don't want you to think I'm moving too fast, but I love you, you love me...and we haven't really said anything about what we are...so...I just want you to know...I don't want anyone but you...I want you to be my girlfriend..."
The last time a boy asked me to be his girlfriend, I was in junior high school.  Back then it meant we ate lunch together and he copied my homework.  I'm not really sure what "going steady" means now.
"Okay," I answer.  I guess I'm going to find out.



Ryan spends the night and the next morning, since his mood swing is over, Everett apologizes for the way he behaved.



Then, it's time for Bradley and Benna to age up...Bradley is adorable and looks a lot like her father.



Benna looks a lot like her...they would be identical if it weren't for the slight variations in their noses and mouths.



Ryan stays with me all day...I have to say, I could get used to this.



Everett grows up into a good looking young adult.  He has decided to start wearing his hair more kept again.



Julie is still as sweet as can be and wants to be a doctor so she can save lives.



Thad grows into a good looking teen, but he shaves all his cool hair off...I guess he's been teased lately.



Patrick is handsome as well!  The teens in Butterfly Acres better watch out!  LOL


8 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm liking this Ryan thing! It's great to see Hadley so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read since i will be 16 NEXT WEEKK!!!! i thought tht be fine!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, am loving the Ryan thing :) I hope he stays in the picture forever! (Also hoping she might be pregnant with a mini-ryan)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay Hadley has a man!!!! This should prove to be a very interesting turn of events in her life. Ryan is a real hottie.

    I don't think your chapter needed a warning, my last two probably did and I didn't give one OOPS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow , im so happy for hadley! its great that she got ryan back!! i hope theyre together for a long time :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Cat: Thanks! I think she deserves some happiness too!

    @Claire: Bad girl! LOL j/k...you've been reading all along, so I'm sure you'll be fine!

    @Catherine: Thanks! You'll just have to see!

    @jazen: LOL, that's cool...I don't think it did either...not like I had some bodice ripping stuff in it or anything...but I was just covering my a$$...lol

    @Violet: Thanks! I figured I should bring him back considering the feedback I was getting...and I like him too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. also, can't wait to see ryan & hadley's child!!! :D

    ReplyDelete