Saturday, October 29, 2011

Babies 80 & 81: Do I Have to Do Everything Around Here?


It's birthday day and Karen and Sheila are up first.  Ryan couldn't be more excited.


First, there's Karen...she gets my mom's light brown hair and other than that looks just like Ryan.  She has his wide eyes, even though they're my color, and his nose.


Sheila looks even more like her father except she has my natural hair color and skin coloring...don't stay out in the sun with that face very long, little girl!


Ryan joins us all at the table for cake...and he amazingly does it with a little bit of excitement.  I am really impressed.  It can't be easy for him, especially since my house is full of nothing but girls right now.


Then it's time for Fiona and Veronica to age into teenagers!


Fiona isn't what many call classically pretty, but there is a beauty there that might not be recognizable at first.


Veronica is beautiful in her own way as well, and she works very hard on her hair and makeup to accentuate her best qualities.


Both my girls have hearts of gold and love caring for their little sisters.


Sometimes Karen would rather have Veronica than me...hehe.


Ryan is around a lot more lately....


...which could possibly be helpful with two demanding toddlers.  Karen wakes up first and always starts screaming.  I have to tend to her immediately.


Sheila is more of the quiet type (Bless her!)...


While I'm taking care of Karen I ask Ryan to get Sheila ready, but all he can manage to do is play. 


"Hey, Ryan, are you coming down here with her?" I yell up at him.
"Uh...yeah...we'll be right down." he says.


But he doesn't come down...I go upstairs to see what's wrong.
Me: Is everything okay?
Ryan: Yeah, I just wanted to hang out with her for awhile.
Me: Well, that's great, sweetie, but she needs to get breakfast and get changed...she has a scheduled morning routine.  You guys can hang out later.


I go back downstairs and finish up with Karen.  Evie calls and says she's throwing a party soon, I tell her I'll be there...and then Ryan still doesn't have Sheila ready, so I go take care of her myself.  Geez.


Yeah...and remember all the "hanging out" he wanted to do with the girls?  Well, that didn't really happen.  He got caught up in something on television while I taught the girls their skills.  Yeah, real helpful.  Why do women want men around so much again?


After watching TV all day while I work with the girls, do housework, and garden, Ryan actually gets up...and gives me flowers.
Ryan: For you, my love.
Me: Aww, thank you sweetie.  What's the occasion?
Ryan: I have an idea.
Me: What would that be?
Ryan: I think I should move in.


Me: Have you lost your mind?
Ryan: That's not the reaction I was expecting.  Don't you love me?
Me: Of course I do, but I'm tired right now, I've been working my butt off all day while you've pretty much sat on yours all day watching TV...you didn't even give the girls any attention while you were sitting there...then you pop up with this idea of moving in.


Ryan: Bullshit, Hadley!  This is just another way for you to shut me out...


Me: I'm not shutting you out, Ryan, I'm telling you you're pissing me off right now.  How can you expect me to let you in when you won't even help me when I need it.
Ryan: Maybe I would feel more like helping you if I lived here.
Me: Oh, great, so not only would I have to take care of the kids, pick up my shit, and their shit, but also pick up your shit.  Yeah, that sounds like a wonderful idea.


Ryan: Hold on just a second.  I don't think you have any reason to treat me like a bum.  I'm not one. 


Me: Oh, I'm sorry, is that not your ass imprint I see on my couch?
Ryan: Just listen to yourself.  Maybe I would want to do more if you would let me in a little.  Haven't I proved myself to you yet?
Me: You don't have to prove yourself to me, but don't barge in on me and say you'll be here to support me through everything and just plop your butt on the couch while I'm doing everything.

Then the girls came home and we had to stop yelling at each other.  I am already ashamed that we were fighting in front of Karen and Sheila, even though neither of them seemed to care.


For some reason, Mandy and Makayla wanted to do their homework in the kitchen.


I don't mind until I'm trying to cook dinner.
Me: Um, do you two need to be in here?
Makayla: We just want to be in here with you, Mama.
Aww, that's sweet...I'm touched, but suspicious.  Usually a statement like that is soon followed by a "Can I have..." or "Can I go...".  I'll wait for it.


Ryan is still at the house, but we're not really speaking.  I make his favorite dish, but I let him know I'm still pissed off at him.


We eat dinner in silence and then he decides to go home.


Which is fine, I can do everything I need to do by myself...like fix every damn thing that breaks in this house.


Soon it's birthday time again!


Karen has taken to wearing a bow in her hair, even though she's anything but girly.


Sheila was born loud and opinionated, but she is getting quieter the older she gets.


Next up is Fiona, ready to take on the world as a young adult!


Then Veronica.  They plan to move in together and figure out what they want to do.


Mandy ages into a teen next.  She's another one that looks just like me.


Monica has her own unique, slightly punkish style.


Makayla has her own style as well, and she is much more contemplative than her sisters.


That night, I decide I need to get out and head to Evie's party.
"Hey there, stranger!" Evie greets me when I walk in the door.


Me: So what's this party for, anyway?
Evie: It's a house cooling party...
Me: What's up with you all and your weird parties?  What's a house cooling party?
Evie: Well, you know how when you buy a new house, you have a house warming?
Me: Yeah...
Evie: Well, this is a house cooling party because I'm moving into the house our moms are working on.
Me: Do they know that?
Evie: Not yet...but anyway, if you want anything out of this old shack, just tell me.
Me: *laughing* Ok, I think all I want is a drink.
Evie: Head to the kitchen!



But I don't head to the kitchen...instead, I follow the sound of a familiar voice...and run into John.  We haven't really seen much of each other since the whole kidnapping incident...



We talk for a few minutes and it seems like maybe he's finally moved on from me, which is good.  But I do have an idea...even though it's probably really stupid.



Me: I was wondering...you know how I'm doing this 100 baby challenge?
John: Yeah, I know.  You're pretty far, aren't you?
Me: Yeah, but I was wondering if you would want to be the next father?  It would save me the trouble of having to find another donor...



John: Hadley, I have my political career to think about...
Me: Oh please, this won't hurt your political career...just think of it as a favor to an old friend.



I finally convince him...and we decide to go about it the old fashioned way.  I must admit, his moves have certainly improved after all this time.



When I get home, Karen's asleep in my bed...normally I don't allow that, but I'm so tired right now, I don't really care.



The next morning, Mandy wakes up in a MOOD.  Great...



Ever delightful, Karen gets up and plays with her doll.



Sheila takes an adventure out in the tree house.



and I feel nauseous.  Well, I guess I'm definitely pregnant.
I still haven't heard from Ryan or Mason lately, so I decide to go to the pond to clear my head.



And who do I see there, but Mason, surrounded by fans...or more specifically, my sister and niece.  He's all decked out in his football gear...and he looks really good.  My stomach flip flops.  Damn morning sickness.  Great.
Before I can duck out, he sees me.  Even better.



Mason: Hey Hadley...
Me: Hey...
Mason: How's everything?
Me: Same old, same old...having babies...how about you?
Mason: Yeah, pretty much the same here too...look...
Me: Yeah?
Mason: I wanted to apologize for the way I acted the last time we spoke.



Me: Mason, you don't need to apologize.  It's me that needs to apologize...I was way out of line...
Mason: No, you were trying to look out for me...and I appreciate that.
Me: Either way, I don't have any right to tell you how to live...



Mason: You can tell me how to live any time you want to...you know that.
Me: *nervous laughter* Don't tell me that...
Mason: I mean it.  That's what I've always liked about you, Hadley.
Me: Yeah, well, you're the only one...



Me: So, how's everything with the wedding?
Mason: it's fine...you still dating that Ryan guy?
Me: Yeah...
Mason: That's good...I hope he makes you happy.
Me: Yeah...I hope everything goes perfect with...the wedding.
I try to say his fiance's name, but for some reason I can't.  For some reason, tears are welling up in my eyes again.  I need to get out of here.
Mason: Yeah...Hadley?
Me: I really need to get going...I'll see you later.
Mason: Okay...
I turn around to leave...



Of course, as I'm leaving, I see my parents...being all lovey with each other...ugh...I can't take all this.



I decide to go home and spend time with my girls.  If anything will put me in a better mood, they will.



We all sit in the living room and watch TV before bedtime.  They don't have a problem with family time like some of my other kids have.





We watch TV, talk and they share their goals with me.  It really is a good way to end this crazy day.

***MY GAME STARTED SCREWING UP AT THIS POINT, SO I HAD TO AGE UP QUICKLY***

FAST FORWARD:



Soon, I gave birth to Baby 80: Frank Reed



And Baby 81: Carl Reed.
The first boys in a long time!

Then the triplets aged up:



Mandy



Monica



Makayla

Then Ryan's daughters grew into young adults:



Karen



Sheila

Here are the toddler and adult pictures of Frank and Carl:

FRANK




CARL





***SORRY THAT WAS SO SHORT, AT THIS POINT I HAD TO START ALL OVER AGAIN WITH THE GAME, BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO JUST NOT AGE THE KIDS UP***

6 comments:

  1. I don't see things working out. I wonder how Ryan is going to feel about her having the babies the old fashioned way?? Was that part of the deal?

    She and Mason need to get together quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post!! Ryan is on my bad side again.. but i mmust admit his kids are lovely. i wish hadley would realize she belongs with mason! its killing me!! lol xD im very surprised that hadley had kids with john. but then again his kids were cuties too. loved the post, again. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jazen: I honestly don't think Ryan got to find out about it...I was so concerned with aging everyone up so I wouldn't lose anyone that I forgot about it! Ahh! But I don't think he would like it much.

    @Violet: Thanks, I did like the way their children turned out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan needs a kick in the a** to realise he is being one. Hadley really should just tell him to shape up or ship out. He's expecting the world handed to him when Hadley has fought her way to where she is now. She also should talk to Mason they both have a thing for each other and holding out for each other, and at the moment are denying it to themselves and their partners.

    The kids look great, shame about your glitches but I hope it got better after that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Spiderglrl, Ryan needs to clear his mind and realize that he really is being lazy and asking to move in was not a great move. I'm sorry about your glitches. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. @spiderg1rl: Hehe, I agree! Thanks! I'm glad I was able to continue despite the game problems!

    @Cat: Thanks! I didn't let it get me down...and I knew going into this that glitches were more of a probability than anything, so I made sure and saved versions of all the characters I would need toward the end.

    ReplyDelete