Monday, October 10, 2011

Babies 69 & 70: A Surprise, A Gift, Fun in the Sun, and More Babies!


Everett is adorable.  He has pale skin and pale blonde hair.  He's very perceptive, already.  He's a pretty quiet baby.


Julie is very sweet, and more easygoing than her brother.


The teens are growing up fast and their quirks are showing.  Sybil has the insane trait, so she loves wearing her long, red evening dress.  I can't say I blame her...she does look good in it!


The toddlers are keeping me pretty busy...Julie is definitely a mommy's girl and she wants to be with me all the time.


Everett is very particular and hates being dirty.  He screams more than anything if I take too long to change his diaper.


Even when they're crabby, both kids can be pretty easily consoled.


Meredith, Elizabeth, and Susannah are still really close.  They also live by their own clock.  I don't know how many times I've had to yell for them to hurry up with their cereal in the morning because they're going to miss the bus.


But they still take their dear sweet time...


My days lately have been filled with teaching the toddlers their skills.


I did, however, get a call from Ryan.  He's coming back into town for a few days and wants to see me!


Sybil is evil too..she loves pulling pranks on people.


Just when I think she's getting better at helping out with her siblings...


She steals their candy!  Geez!


And she's pretty proud of herself.


She decides to take her pranks to the next level and egg our neighbors house.


Then tries to run when they call the cops.


But she still gets caught.


When she gets home, I give her an ear-full.
Me: Come on, Sybil.  You know better than that to egg people's houses!
Sybil: Whatever, Mom.
Ugh!  The next "whatever" that comes out of her mouth is going to be her last!


The next day, she wakes up moody as hell...


And picks a fight with Susannah...who idolizes her and just wants her to go see a movie with her.
Sybil: Why would I want to see a freakin' stupid movie with your stupid self?  


Susannah's not one to be pushed around though...
Susannah: I don't even want to see a movie with you anymore!  I used to think you were cool, but now I know you're just a bully!


Susannah goes on so much, Sybil backs down.
Sybil: Whoa, sis.  I'm sorry.  Really...


They are hugging it out before I can break them up.  Ahh, life in the girl world.


Soon, it's time for Kelley and Sybil to age up.  Kelley is one good looking guy!


Sybil cuts all her hair off and wears dark contacts, but she's still gorgeous!


Everett grows up to be my little bookworm.  He's studious and serious.  He also is very particular about his clothing and hair.  It has to be perfect.  I think he's a little OCD.


Julie is still as sweet as can be.


Meredith grows into a beautiful teen with a passion for fashion.


Elizabeth is pretty as well...and still rolling those eyes!


Susannah is a little spunky thing.  She wears her hair in pigtails but looks anything but childish.


With all these kids growing up, it's time to have another baby!


So I ask for a vile of this guy!


I'm really sensitive to smells during this pregnancy...


So, I was talking to Evie the other day and complaining about how much stuff I have to do around the house...
Evie: I know exactly what you need.  Give me a few days and I'll take care of everything.


Me: Wait a second, last time you said that...
Evie: Trust me!  I swear, you won't be sorry.


Then I start showing!


I decide to take a peak in the telescope.  Looking at stars makes me feel so small.


When I walk in my house after working on the garden, I notice a strange man in my kitchen.
Me: Um, can I help you?


Strange Man: No, madame.  I am here to help you.  You must be hungry, so I'm preparing you breakfast.


THIS is Evie's surprise?  I don't know how I feel about having a strange man working in my kitchen.


However, I take the time I would normally spend cleaning and cooking and spend time with my children.



On Sunday, I talk all the kids into going to Hydroworld with me.



I'm fairly certain Meredith and Elizabeth are embarrassed to be seen with their mother over the weekend...but if I can't embarrass them, who can?



Susannah is pretty playful and she splashes me constantly.  Ugh!



All of us are having contests to see who can hold their breath the longest...I always win these!



And today is no different!  Haha!



Soon though, I just let the kids play and I watch them.



Elizabeth sashays around the pool in case there are any cute boys watching.  Ahh, to be young again...



Susannah is ready to scare the crap out of Julie, I can just tell!



Everett works on his perfect swimming form...of course.



Pretty soon, being pregnant, I go to sleep.  I can't believe how much pregnancy exhausts a person!



The girls also work on their tans...



As soon as I wake up, I grill some hot dogs for dinner.



This has been a pretty fun day...probably one of the last summer days we're going to have, so I'm relishing in it.



All the kids agree.
Elizabeth: That was a pretty fun day...
Everett: Yeah, Mom...we should go out together as a family more often...
Susannah: I'm exhausted though...
Meredith: That's because I kicked your butt all over that pool for splashing me.
Julie just giggles.
We all go inside and go to bed.



The next day, I get a call from my niece, Leslie.  She has recently graduated and is visiting from college, so she wants to meet for lunch.



Even though she has inherited a weight problem from our family, she is beautiful.



We enjoy ourselves at lunch, but I have to get home to see the triplets off to prom!



Meredith is the first out and she looks amazing.  She has color coordinated a gorgeous blue polka dot dress with her shoes and jewelry...she's going to be a heartbreaker!



Susannah picked a more nontraditional dress...black with a corset bodice to accentuate her great figure.  *Jealous*  Is it wrong to say I want to kill her sometimes?  I mean, I see the way she eats at home...



Elizabeth is last, always one to make a dramatic entrance...in a long, flowing emerald green gown.  Oh, the green-haired guy?  That's Boinky...Debbie's imaginary friend...Evie adopted him and Hester.  I think Liz was kind of p.o.ed at him for stealing her thunder.



I call it an early night while the girls are at prom, but of course, the baby decides to wake me up...apparently Liz isn't the only one that likes to make a grand entrance.



The butler...his name is William...freaks out on me.
"Madame, madame, what can I do?" he exclaims.
Between breaths and contractions I reply, "Nothing, I've been through this before, just get out of the way."
Geez, I'm going to have to get rid of this guy.



Finally, I big contraction radiates through my body and I can feel the baby emerging.



Welcome to the family, Baby 69: Thadius (Thad) Reed!



And also his twin brother, Baby 70: Patrick Reed!

6 comments:

  1. great post!! love Susannah's personlity! so spunky and funky; kinda like real me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! patrick and that are so cute. meredith, elizabeth and suzannah all turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I think I'm right about the movie.

    The butler is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Claire: Thanks! I like Susannah too...haha! I should have named her Claire then!

    @Violet: Thanks!

    @jazen: You are totally right...yeah, she actually wanted a butler, so I decided to indulge her, then he left when she was publicly disgraced...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the prom outfits and the butler's reactions to the birth. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Cat: LOL, thanks! Yeah, I liked the butler...he would have been around longer, but he left when she was publicly disgraced...:(

    ReplyDelete