Monday, August 1, 2011

The Plot Thickens & The Kids Say Goodbye



So...last time, Vishous had just left and he told me to stay out of trouble, right?

***FOUR DAYS AGO***



Well, that idea lasted for about...oh, five minutes...I had to go talk to Sergo and find out what his problem was.

Sergo: Hadley, come in. I've been meaning to talk to you too.



Me: Ok, so what's going on with you?
Sergo: What do you mean what's going on with me?
Me: All this...controlling crap. You know I don't go for that sort of thing.
Sergo: Hadley, you have a duty to me, to the other vampires of this community to continue this challenge...as a vampire.



I blew up.
Me: Don't give me that bullshit about duty! I didn't ask to become a vampire. I didn't ask to have vampire children. I entered into this agreement with the assumption that after giving birth to children from these six vampires I would be able to change back into a human. What has changed?
Sergo: Well, for one thing, all of the vampire children have to go to that world. How is that helping us? It's not, so in a way, you are breaking the original agreement. I think with that in mind, you should remain a vampire until you at least have another fourteen children to make up for the fourteen that are leaving...then we'll talk about changing you back.



Me: Are you out of your flipping mind? Honestly, I have wanted to turn back into a human since Rachel and Artie were born. I am tired of being a vampire. I'm tired of fixing dinner for my kids and not being able to enjoy it. I'm sick of eating plasma fruit all the time. I'm sick of not being able to take my babies for strolls during the day. I miss not feeling the sun beating down on my face. But do you want to know what I'm sick of most of all? I'M SICK TO DEATH OF ALL YOU DAMN VAMPIRES THINKING YOU CAN CONTROL MY LIFE!



He turned away from me in anger.
Sergo: I'm sorry Hadley, that's just how it is. Unfortunately, we can't let you go that easily. If I have to, I will stop you from changing back.
Me: Are you threatening me?
Sergo: Call it what you will.
Me: Oh hell no. I'm not doing this. I'm out. Leave me alone from now on.

I turned to leave and before I knew it, he had grabbed my arm and was dragging me through the house. Why I didn't wait until Butch got there, I don't know, but he was leading me downstairs into some kind of basement.
I stopped fighting him, he pulled me toward him and we were face to face. Just when he thought he had me, I gave him a swift kick to the groin, enough to get away. I ran outside, out on the beach. It was just like Vishous said, only the lessers weren't after me, Sergo was. He was growling and chasing close behind me. As I was running, I was getting weaker, it was still daylight, but I knew if I was, so was he. I just needed to make it back around and past his house. I was running so fast, I didn't notice he wasn't behind me anymore.



I hid out on his front porch and looked inside...there he was, passed out. I guess the sun got to him more than it did to me. Maybe because I'm not a natural vampire? Either way, I was out of there.



Thankfully, just as I was getting home, Butch arrived. He was not as muscular as the vampires, but definitely above average for a human. He had dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes. His nose looked like it had been broken in a weird angle and needed to be reset, and he spoke with a slight accent. He was decked out in an obviously expensive suit. Even though he was well dressed, he looked a bit rough. I wouldn't want to meet up against him in a dark alley.

I told him about what happened with Sergo and he assured me that the bastard wouldn't get to me while he was staying in my house and I believed him. Along with his rough edges, he seemed ready and willing to take a bullet for me. I kind of needed that at the moment.

***Download Butch here.***



He took one look at Quinn and scooped her up. She looked at him with her knowing eyes and he smiled back at her.
Butch: I'm going to have to tell Vishous he would make an awfully pretty girl.
He laughed at his own joke.



Of course, he wasn't used to children and often wanted to find a dark corner when the toddlers started screaming.



Well, Butch couldn't keep his trap shut and he told Vishous all about what happened with Sergo, so Vishous called me (he wired my phone to be able to connect to the brothers any time I wanted).

Vishous: Hey, Hadley, are you okay?

I heard Rhage and Phury in the background.
Rhage: Let that m_*muffle, muffle, scurry* know I'm going to kill him the next time I see him.
*muffle, shuffle, scurry, scurry*
Phury: Let me talk to her...
Vishous: If you all don't shut up and let me talk...hold on a second Hadley.

I waited while Vishous waked out of whatever room he was in with them. He must have walked in some room, shut the door and locked it because all I heard after that besides Vishous' voice was an occasional pounding and muffled yelling. I couldn't help but chuckle.

Vishous: Like I was saying before, what's the deal with Sergo? Do we need to come there?



Me: Are you kidding me? I could kick his ass in two minutes..
Vishous: *stern voice* Hadley.
Me: Okay, probably not, but I'm really fine. Butch has it covered.
Vishous: So here's the plan, you're going to come back with the kids.
Me: What?! V, I can't.
Vishous: Don't fight with me, Hadley. You can't possibly stay there.
Me: This is my home, Vishous. I can't just run away from it.
Vishous: What are you going to do when no one else is there? You can't stay in Cornucopia.
Me: Where am I going to go? I have lived here ever since I graduated high school.
Vishous: You don't have anywhere else you can go?
Me: I could go back to Butterfly Acres...where my Mama and Daddy live...but I don't know...
Vishous: What about a city you could just lay low in for awhile?
Me: Hmm, I do know of a city...
Vishous: Great, I need you to rush getting the kids aged up as fast as possible and you all need to get out of there.
Me: Okay, fine.



Quinn started screaming as soon as I picked her up. I consoled her, "I hear ya, baby girl. Mama wants to cry too."
The first thing I needed to do was get the serum and turn back into a human. Maybe Sergo wouldn't want me then? Even though that was my theory, Butch reminded me that they could very easily turn me back if they wanted. Grrreat.



So I went to the science facility during the daytime, when less vampires would be awake...I couldn't trust any of them anymore. Naomi Poe, one of my oldest friends...thankfully Embry and Malinda had moved awhile ago along with Damon and Alaric. Maybe they saw something I didn't?



As I swallowed the serum, it tasted bitter and my body wanted to reject it. I refused to let it though...



Then the red smoke and bats started swirling around me, much like they did when I was turned, but this time I felt them leave my body. Just like that, I was human again.



The first thing I did was cook a meal. Hey, I'm a chubby girl at heart...I like my food! Hehe!



I was pretty excited at the idea of being able to eat with my family again. I used to eat dinner with them at times, but of course as a vampire, the food had no nutritional value for me. Also, I couldn't really tasted it because my taste buds were hardwired for blood...I fixed cheese steak sandwiches because they were Butch's fave.



Butch of course enjoyed his and I ate mine gleefully as well.



The next thing I did was play outside! I loved feeling the hot sun on my skin again. I slid on the water slide and brought Quinn and Tina out with me.



Quinn was attached to Butch like nothing I had ever seen. He loved being around her too. He said it felt like he was around Vishous even when he wasn't. She would grab on to his legs and not let go.



I let the girls play outside and of course they loved it. Also, neither of them gave me too much grief when it was time to get off of their toys.



Of course, Butch went inside for a minute and Quinn started crying.
"Butch, Butch! Butch, Butch!" It's funny, because he'd never done anything to really endear himself to her, but she loved him to death.



Quinn would not stop fussing for Butch and I knew he needed a break, so I decided to take her for a walk...and I could! In the daytime! Apparently in my bathing suit as well, but we won't talk about that.



That night when Wellsie and Sue got home, I cooked salmon out on the grill.



I dropped one of the fillets on the ground...but...



Five second rule, we won't tell anyone about that one.

I aged Quinn and Tina up so that they could enjoy dinner with us.



Quinn was just as beautiful as a child as she was as a toddler. You could still look into her eyes and see a reflection of your soul.



Tina had that sneaky expression so many of my kids do. She looked a lot like me but she was a major tom boy. She kept her hair short and wore mostly boy clothes.



That evening, Wellsie spent the night reading up in my reading nook...



And Sue worked on playing her music. She had a real flair for it.



Sue was very quiet and reserved, she didn't used to be that way, but she had a hard time trusting people because kids at school would "befriend" her only to embarrass her in front of everyone by making fun of her for her weight. She found comfort in her music. Butch even came downstairs to watch her play the piano. She has such a talent.



With all the girls occupied with something, Butch and I sat down in the living room and talked.

Me: So, what do you do for a living, Butch?
Butch: I used to be a cop, but now the whole vampire lifestyle has kind of roped me in.
Me: I can relate to that.



Me: So, do you have a love interest or anything? I can't imagine she would be okay with you coming to stay here with me.
Butch: Um...there's a...sort of...
Me: What's her name?
Butch: Um...Marissa...
Me: What's she like?
Butch: Well, she's...wonderful...but she, aww, hell I don't know if I want to talk about it.
Me: That's fine, Butch, I was just asking...but if you really care about her, don't let her go.



Butch didn't say anything else and things were getting awkward, so I suggested we go over to Jules' house and meet up with some of the kids.



When we walked in, Mason and Elijah were talking about and decked out in their best...I have to say I make some hot boys! Hehe!



Jules and Logan were whispering in the corner. Logan was really on edge that night. Later, I found out that he had just come out of the closet to Jules and he was worried about going to the other world because apparently homosexuality is not as accepted as it is here.



Rachel and Artie were there as well. I was going to really miss my kids. I couldn't believe they were going to have to leave me, even if it were for their own good. I had asked Vishous if maybe we could change them into humans and allow them to stay, but he told me that even if they could become human, they still carried the brothers' bloodline.



Even though I had a ton to do, what with the move and all, I allowed Wellsie and Sue to go to prom. Wellsie of course looked beautiful in a light pink form-fitting gown.



Sue enviously glared at her sister before going to change into her dress.



We were limited in our choices when we went prom dress shopping for Sue, so she didn't get her dream dress. She didn't feel like doing her hair or her makeup. She was feeling really bad about herself at that point.



Surprising us all, Butch took her aside and talked to her.
Butch: Honey, you are beautiful.
Sue: No I'm not. I'm ugly and fat. Nobody likes me.
Butch: Screw them, seriously. If they are being jerks to you, than you don't need them. You're better than them.
Sue: But they're so pretty and popular...
Butch: Would you really like to be friends with someone that treats people like they do?
Sue: No...but...
Butch: No buts. I want you to go upstairs, fix your hair, put on some makeup and walk into that prom with pride tonight. If those people can't see you for who you are, tell them to go fuck themselves.
Me: *yelled from the other room* Don't tell them to go fuck themselves...
Butch: Ok, don't tell them to go fuck themselves, but don't waste your time with them.
Sue: *laughed* Okay, Uncle Butch. Thanks.



So Sue got all dolled up. She looked beautiful.



While the girls were at prom, Butch and I talked.

Butch: You know you're going to have to start putting things in motion to leave.
Me: I don't want to think about it.
Butch: Burying your head in the sand isn't going to work, Hadley. You have to face it. Where are you planning on moving?
Me: There's a city between here and my hometown...it's called Bridgeport. I was thinking I could stay there for awhile.
Butch: Sounds good...what do you need to do to get there?
Me: *sigh* I'll call a real estate agent to get an apartment set up. Should I just leave my stuff here?
Butch: You know you'll probably never be able to come back, right? Who knows if Sergo is the only one that feels that way.
Me: Yeah...

So Butch and I planned a birthday/going away party for all the kids. First, we aged Quinn and Tina up. It wasn't fair, but they would only be able to be teenagers for a little bit.



Quinn of course looks beautiful. She has a certain amount of mystery to her.



Tina looks like an adult as a teenager. She looks a whole lot like me, but nowhere near identical. She is still a tomboy and she's skinny and wiry. All the boys in her class love her.



The night of the party, I invited all the kids to say one final goodbye. I would be able to stay in contact with them, but it wouldn't be the same. I don't know how people do it...living far away from their kids.



Butch made some drinks and kept everyone laughing. It was a really good time.



Everyone was worried about me, but I told them not to. I'm a tough chick. Of course that got a chorus of "Amen's"...Geez...I didn't know I was that hard to get along with...



Everything was going great...everyone getting along, laughing, dancing, drinking...



When Winston Sergo showed up!
I looked at him and my heart broke a little bit. I used to consider him a friend, but apparently he has always had ulterior motives with me. I could never trust him again...

Needless to say, what with my fourteen extremely strong vampire children, Sergo got nowhere near me and was promptly kicked out. Thank goodness he didn't cause any trouble. Tonight was a night of celebration and remembering.



So then the birthdays started...first, Wellsie and Sue were aging up...



Wellsie looked at her siblings and at me and smiled. A tear started to stream down her face.
"Mama..." she sputtered out...
"What is it, baby?" I asked her as I pulled her into a hug.
"I'm scared," she said, "I'm going to be moving to a place I hardly know without you...how am I..."
"Shh, love," I comforted her, "everything will be fine. You know I wouldn't send you off if I didn't know for sure that you would be protected, right?"
She sniffled a bit more, "Yeah, I know."
"Okay, so how about you blow out those candles?" I encouraged her. I can't believe I actually managed to comfort her when my heart was breaking as well...I have come to realize that's one of those super powers of a mother.



My tender-hearted girl grew to be a beautiful woman. She let her hair hang loose and wild and was very stylish in her outfit.



Sue was next as she looked around nervously at her siblings.



Though she still had a weight problem, Sue was beautiful. I had taken her to a doctor and they determined that she had a thyroid problem. I seem to remember my mother having a thyroid condition as well, so that doesn't surprise me. It's very manageable if the patient takes their medication. She has also gotten a lot more confidence and she is intent on being a private investigator.



Quinn aged up to be just as gorgeous as she's always been, but she's also very stocky. Butch said she would make an awesome female warrior....but of course, Butch thinks she can do anything. She has always been his favorite.



Tina has decided to keep her short hair. She's become a bit of a computer whiz and is excited about helping her dad with all that stuff that always makes my head want to explode.



Soon, it's time for everyone to leave and I start feeling really sad. They assure me they will write and everything will be fine, but my heart is still breaking.


I have spent so much time saying goodbye to these children's fathers and then I was saying goodbye to them. It was almost too much to take. To beat it all, the movers were showing up to start packing up my stuff...most would be sold at auction...we were traveling light to Bridgeport. That's right, I said "we". Butch had decided to stay to help get me settled and see that Sergo didn't try anything after all my kids left.

And boy, did I love having a baby-sitter...


8 comments:

  1. Thats a sad but sweet post. Sergo is a bit of a twat and I hope he doesn't find you at bridgeport. I like the reason for her having to move. The way she wanted to change back and the upset of having to move away not just from her kids who were leaving but the town as a whole.. I hope she finds some happiness in Bridgeport to make up for having to move

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I really liked Sergo... that sucks that he's like that now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! don't make me cry! as a child, at first, i thought tina was a boy! i am about to cry! :'(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an update!! Can't wait to see what happens next. I posted a link from my blog to yours! Finally figured it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Sergo too... now, I'm not too sure!

    Great post! It was sad to see all of the kids grow up. I felt really bad for Sue but I'm glad that in the end she found a way to deal with her weight issue in a positive way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @spiderg1rl: Thanks! I'm thinking she will and hopefully Sergo won't find her, but who knows...

    @Paisley: yeah, I really liked him too...I think he went a little crazy or something. Bless his heart.

    @Maple, awww, girl, don't cry! Hadley's going to be living it up in Bridgeport soon!

    @jobug: Ahh! I'm glad you got it figured out and can comment now...I listed your blog in my blog roll as well, because I really like it.

    @Cat: Thanks! Yeah, I hated having to grow them all up so quickly, but I'm pretty anxious to have Hadley start over in Bridgeport. I'm glad you liked Sue's story line as well, I really wish I had more time to write on it, but I guess that's the way it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Maple: IDK if you noticed, but as I couldn't get Rachel uploaded on the exchange with the hair, I gave Wellsie her hair, so you can get it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok thanks one of maple's children, who is similar to rachel, has it right now!!!

    ReplyDelete