Sunday, October 14, 2012

Gen. 2: Three Heads Are Better Than One...Said No One Ever

*ADARA'S POV*


ADARA: Rieba!  Emeri!  Get in here!  Serge is screaming and I have my hands full with Julianna right now!

I am greeted with the refreshing sounds of nothing...except the screams of my baby brother.

ADARA: Damn it!  You guys are pissing me off!  Hold on a second Serge, I'll get you.


After I get Julianna settled in her crib, I pick up my little brother who is still not comforted by human contact. He just won't shut up.

ADARA: He won't stop crying!

Finally, I hear Rieba's voice faintly coming from Mom's bathroom.

RIEBA: Get Emeri!
ADARA: I don't know where she is, Rieba...please come here and help me!

I pull Serge to my chest and rub his back, hopefully he just needs to burp...and he won't throw up all over me, because...ew.

As he starts to calm down, Julianna starts screaming again.

ADARA: What's the matter now?  You were fine a second ago.
JULIANNA: Wahhhhhh!  Wahhhhh!  Wahhhhh!

I have finally had it and I scream at the top of my lungs.

ADARA: RIEBA, GET IN HERE!!!!!

*RIEBA'S POV*


I sigh.  I suppose I can't ignore Adara's screaming anymore, and I can't decide who's screaming more, her or the babies.  Either way, they're both disturbing my calm.

All I wanted was a quick soak in the tub.  It has been a rough weekend.  The babies were screaming, Rione and Adovie wanted attention all the time, and the cats wanted attention too.  I am exhausted.

I drag myself out of the tub and into Mom's room.  Adara glares at me.

ADARA: Have a nice bath, sister?
RIEBA: Lay off...I'm here, aren't I?
ADARA: Yeah, well, I haven't had a shower since Friday morning before school.
RIEBA: What's stopping you?
ADARA: These screaming kids...and neither one of you willing to help...where the hell is Emeri anyway?  She's supposed to be the baby whisperer...
RIEBA: That is a very good question.


I pick up Julianna and the only problem she has is a dirty diaper.  As much as I hate changing diapers, it's an easy fix.  She calms down as soon as I change her.  Back to the crib for you, little miss!

Adara goes into Mom's bathroom for a soak in the tub as well and I head into the living room, where I see Emeri.


The bitch is sitting there playing with the cat.

RIEBA: Didn't you hear Adara yelling for you?
EMERI: Huh?  Oh, yeah, but I knew you were in there.
RIEBA: In the tub!  Damn, Em...I thought this was supposed to be your thing...
EMERI: It is, but I was playing with Mr. Pickles...look, he's so funny!
RIEBA: What do they call the opposite of ADD?
EMERI: I have no idea...
RIEBA: Well, whatever it is, I think you have it.
EMERI: What's that supposed to mean?
RIEBA: People with ADD have trouble focusing on one thing, and you have trouble un-focusing on things, no matter how stupid.
EMERI: Hey, they're not stupid!
RIEBA: Playing with the cat?
EMERI: Hey, cats need love too...
RIEBA: Not as much as people..especially little screaming people that won't shut up unless you do whatever they want you to do.
EMERI: Like you?
RIEBA: Oh bitch...
EMERI: Kidding!
RIEBA: You're lucky I'm exhausted.  I'm going outside.


Since the babies are pacified right now, I decide to work on some painting.  It relaxes me like nothing else does and I'm getting pretty good at it.

*ADARA'S POV*


After a shower and a nap, I feel a lot better, and amazingly the babies are still asleep.  I think they wore themselves out crying.

Either way, I head upstairs to the electronics room...and Rione is up there, watching TV, which is what he's been doing all day long.

ADARA: Hey squirt.
RIONE: Hey...
ADARA: Whatcha' watchin?
RIONE: Cartoons.
ADARA: Wanna play Xbox?
RIONE: This is a really good one.
ADARA: *eyeroll* Whatevs.

Facebook stalking it is.

*EMERI'S POV*


EMERI: ...yes...just one...okay...you'll be here today?  Okay, great!  I can't wait!  Thanks!

With my sisters preoccupied, I can put my plan into action.

I get off the phone and jump up and down in excitement for a minute.

Soon, there's a knock at the door.


MAN: Hi, I'm Tim.  You called?
EMERI: Yeah, thanks for coming so quickly Tim!
TIM: No problem.  So, you're awfully young, are you ready for this kind of responsibility?
EMERI: Of course, you should see what kind of responsibilities I have around here.
TIM: Okay, well...I have some stuff for you, where would you like it?
EMERI: Um...outside...
TIM: I think I know where you mean.
EMERI: Yeah, thanks...um, are you forgetting something?
TIM: Oh, no, of course not.  Here she is!


I'm so excited!  I got a dog!  Eeeek!


Right then my phone rings.

EMERI: Hello?
BONNIE: Hey hon, how is everything going there?
EMERI: Oh, great Mom.  Are you having fun?
BONNIE: Yeah, a lot.  So nothing to report?
EMERI: No, everything is pretty much the same.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's going to kill me.

2 comments:

  1. Once again good job, you are on a roll this week kido.


    ~Ebony/Electra

    Can't wait til next time !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear! There will be a new one out tomorrow and the next day..and I still have at least five to write...eeeep!

      Delete