Friday, October 5, 2012

Gen. 2: Babies 46, 47, & 48 Pt. 3: Cold Spaghetti


Hmph.  Well, that's just my luck...I start showing right at the beginning of my date...well, hopefully he will be too oblivious to notice...and it is dark in there...so...I'm just not going to say anything...sounds like a good plan...hopefully.


So I go on in and see him out on the dance floor already..dancing like no one's watching, that's for sure.

BRENDAN: Come on baby!

I can't help but laugh as he takes my hand and swings me around a few times.  Even though my baby bump is showing up already, I am secretly thankful I am in this stage of pregnancy and not the first stage...otherwise I definitely would have thrown up all over him...I guess that's the bright side.  A little pooch is definitely better than a lot of vomit on a date.

I'm having a blast with Brendan when I start hearing someone calling my name.  As I turn around, I realize it's Alvaro, Taber and Zivah's father.


ALVARO: Bonnie!  I'm glad I caught you!
BONNIE: Hey, uh...what's going on?
ALVARO: I just wanted to talk to you about Taber and Zivah...how they are and everything...I know I haven't been too involved or anything, but I was just wondering...

I would really rather not talk about all this here, but he's Taber and Zivah's father, so I feel obligated to at least fill him in.  I always wonder about these guys after they father children for me.  Most of them just go about their merry way and I can't really understand how, but here this guy is, wanting just a little information about his kids.  I can't begrudge him that.


BONNIE: Um, well...Taber is handsome...he's got a new girlfriend every week...and Zivah...she's a sweetie...she's great with her little brother and sisters...they're both really good kids...
ALVARO: *smiles* Thank you.  I've just been thinking about them ever since you had them, but I wasn't sure how you would feel about me being around...
BONNIE: That would be fine, just...calling first would be nice...my life is generally in chaos mode...
ALVARO: Yeah, I figured...
BONNIE: But other than that, you're always welcome.

That seems to satisfy him, so we say our goodbyes.  Of course, I know I'm going to have to answer questions from Brendan, I'm sure.


Sure enough, as we dance, he asks me.
BRENDAN: Who was that?
BONNIE: Oh, Taber and Zivah's father...
BRENDAN: And how many kids do you have?
BONNIE: Um...currently...or total?
BRENDAN: I didn't know there were two answers to that question...


BONNIE: Well, it is different...I have five at home right now...and 45 total...

Hold for the shock. 
Holding...
Holding...

BRENDAN: Oh, okay...
BONNIE: You're not shocked?
BRENDAN: I don't shock easily.
BONNIE: Don't you want to know why?
BRENDAN: I figure you're doing one of those baby challenges, right?  So are you like, cursed, or did you do it on your own?
BONNIE: I decided to do it on my own...my mom was a challenge mom too...so I have...
BRENDAN: A lot of siblings..
BONNIE: You can say that again...

Well, that was anti-climatic.  This dude is definitely an odd one...

He twirls me around for awhile longer until I'm too tired to walk anymore.

I drag myself into the house just before dawn.


The next day, Tani is up at the crack of dawn swimming in the pool...


Niyah is playing in the tree house...


Eljavon is eyeballs deep in his race car fantasies.

And for the rest of us...


Zivah...


Taber...


...and me.  Dancing all night while pregnant can certainly take it out of you.

The weekend was low-key and stress free...for once...

The older kids take care of the younger kids and I barely even hear a peep of argument out of anyone.


Tani has big ambitions at such a young age and she wants to share them with everyone.


Zivah tells her little sisters spooky stories...


...which scares both of them...I hope they don't want to sleep in my bed tonight...


Of course, I spent my weekend having the most fun...sleeping...


I only wake up when I'm hungry and as I go to cook dinner...


Labor kicks in..great...just as I get my spaghetti done!  Why is it I never get to eat my dinners?  Either my already-born children interrupt me or my fetuses take over...grr...


Either way, this labor is something fierce...which probably means...


Baby 46: Rieba Reed



Baby 47: Adara Reed


Baby 48: Emeri Reed 

TRIPLETS!  Girl triplets...ugh!  What did I do to deserve this again?


Almost right after giving birth, I get a call from Brendan.

BRENDAN: Hey, can we meet soon?  I need to talk to you.

Hmm...what could this be about?

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear.

    Brendan.
    Whut are you doing.
    Brendan.
    STAHP

    Oh God. Never, EVER using that meme in a comment again. Though it expresses my opinion well. Is he gonna confess to his secret? OOH! Or maybe talk about Bonnie's secret.

    Choices choices.

    BRILLIANT!

    -Skye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You crack me up with your comments! All has already been revealed, but oh well! Thanks!

      Delete