Friday, February 3, 2012

Gen. 2: Baby 3 - All These Boys Are Driving Me Crazy


Silus is so cute...but much like his older brother, he's an early bird...he wakes up at 6 am...ugh!  Each child seems to be waking up an hour earlier than the last one...I'm not liking the odds here...


Ever the good mother I am, after I feed him, change him, and give him a little attention, I stick him in the swing and go back to sleep...which he does as well...whew!


So remember how I trained Blue to hunt?  Well that's paying off, thank goodness!  He found a gem worth $104!  That's good because I was down to $44!


We also have a new member of the family...at least of sorts...look very carefully at the picture above and you'll see him!


At a more reasonable hour, I go upstairs to get Houston.  Ever since he learned to talk, he has been chatty as all get out...which is good because I'm sick of talking and no one answering me...I'm starting to feel a little nuts.


Houston: Mommy, mommy!  Is my brudder Si-yus dis many?
Bonnie: You don't have any fingers up, baby...
Houston: I know dat, Mommy...he not one yet...he no many.

Well, I'll be damned if he's not right...


I try to give Houston as much attention as I can even though I have two children now and it's easy to want to pass out into a coma with an infant in the house...although that's pretty much impossible as well because every time I try to go to sleep when Houston is awake he plays my personal alarm clock.

Houston: Mommy!  Wake up!  Wake up Mommy!...Mommy, Si-yus cwying Mommy!
Bonnie: Silus is not crying, Houston...
Houston: *giggle* Wake up anyway Mommy, pway with me.


Bonnie: Okay you little twerp, the claw's gonna get you!
Houston: *gasp* whispered: No, no no...


Houston: *extremely high pitched squeal that turns into a laugh*
Bonnie: I told you!  Take that you little monster!
Houston: Stop it, Mommy...I not a monstow...I your baby!
Bonnie: You want to try to go potty?
Houston: No.
Bonnie: You don't even want to try?
Houston: No.
Bonnie: I think we should...you don't want to poop your pants in school where Mommy can't change it do you?
Houston: Mommy come wif me...
Bonnie: Nope.  Mommies aren't allowed in school...
Houston: *wimper*
Bonnie: Come on...I'll let you get in your swing if you try.
Houston: *sigh* Ok...


I put him on the seat and he gives me this look...


Since he tried, I kept up my part of the deal and put him in his swing...


When I check the potty chair he certainly left a load.
Bonnie: Dang Houston!  This is smelly!  P...U!


Of course the little monster thinks it's hilarious.  Well at least he's potty trained.

Soon after that, I get a telephone call from an old friend of my mom's, Catherine Bell-Barker.  She's another challenge mom that's finished with her challenge as well.  Awhile back, she suggested this father to my mom, but she was already done, so she offered to send him my way...


His name is Carter Bloomberg...he is a handsome one, isn't he?  Catherine has good taste!  Before he gets here, I realize I have enough lifetime points to get the fertility treatment, so I go ahead and get that...maybe I'll be able to have some multiples...


When he gets here, we pretty much get right down to it...something tells me this isn't his first challenge!  There was a lullaby on the first try!  Woo-hoo!  Although I wouldn't have minded doing a little more practicing on him!


After Carter leaves, I check on Silus and he is crying his little head off.  I think he needs some Mommy time, which I am more than happy to give him.

Just when I get him pacified and put back in his swing, I look over and see Blue squatting on the floor...

Bonnie: BLUE!  NOOOO!


Too late.


Bonnie: Bad dog!  Very bad dog!  You go outside to potty!

Houston sees all this and decides to help.

Houston: Bad Bwoo!  No potty on fwore...*giggle*
Bonnie: Okay, I think we're officially done with today...time for bed...
Houston: No!  Mommy...I need some watowr...
Bonnie: Nope, that'll make you wet the bed...
Houston: Pweeeeeeease Mommy...*pout*
Bonnie: Nope...bedtime.

Houston rears his head back and I know exactly what's coming...
Bonnie: Oh no...
Out comes the highest, screaming shriek I have ever heard...he keeps on until Silus startles awake and starts crying.  Awesome.

Ugh...so I get him a sippy of water and put him in bed, then head downstairs to rock Silus back to sleep before putting him in his crib.

Even though it's early, I would like nothing more than to pass out right where I stand...but I make it to my room...barely.
****


The next morning I get that unmistakable urge to puke again...well, at least I know I'm pregnant.


Before the boys wake up, I go outside to work on the garden, but the dog has been playing in the sprinkler, so he douses me with water.

Ugh...I go inside and hear surround-sound crying.
Bonnie: Hold on, Houston!  Mommy will be right there.

I figure I might cut down on the screaming by negotiating with the one that understands speech...but no such luck.

So first I get Silus take care of him, then I head up to Houston's room.  He's still screaming.

Bonnie: Geez, give it a rest, kiddo...what could possibly be so bad?

Of course there's no reasoning with him in the morning.  I just pick him up and he hugs me tight and lays his head on my shoulder, sniffling.

Bonnie: Want some oatmeal?
I feel a nod, so I head downstairs.

After breakfast and a little attention, he's all set.

Bonnie: Okay little munchkin...we're gonna work on walking today.
Houston: Mommy caowey me...
Bonnie: I'm not a taxi service little man...and today is your birthday...so you have to learn to walk.


Thankfully I don't need to negotiate with him as much as I thought I would.  He takes to walking like a fish to water.  He gets needy every now and then, but he's good for the most part.


Houston: Mommy!  Catch me, I gonna faww...
Bonnie: No you're not, keep going...

Finally he can walk and it's birthday time!


Houston: Mommy!  Bwow!
Bonnie: Okay Mister Bossy Pants, I'll blow, but you have to help.


He leans down as far as he can and blows with all he's got...which includes spit...ugh...I'm really glad it's only us...I would hate to get anyone else sick.

After he ages up, I have to buy a bed, which puts my expendable income down to $59...*gulp*  I need $206 to pay the bills...how do I get myself into these situations?  I don't know, but I don't think this could be helped...I mean, my son needs a bed, right?


Thankfully, Blue comes to the rescue by finding a gem worth $627!  Whew, at least I can pay the bills.


Soon it's bedtime for everyone.
Bonnie: Tomorrow's a big day!  It's your brother's first day of school...and it's your birthday!


Houston sleeps comfortably in his new bed...in his formal wear?  Hmm...I love my son, but something's not right with him.


The next morning, I start showing.  Baby Number 3 is definitely on the way!

When I get up, Houston is eating cereal at the table.  He's wearing his formal wear.

Bonnie: Are you excited for your first day of school?
Houston: *chew, chew* Yup.  *chew, chew*
Bonnie: I can tell that...

He looks at his watch and jumps up.
Houston: I have to go...my bus is here.


The poor thing has to run a long way to get to the bus.  Hmm...you would think the bus would come down in here instead of making him walk so far.


Either way, I think he's a little nervous.  He sits on the bus by himself...I hope the other kids aren't mean to him.


After he gets off to school, I decide to take some time to work in the garden.  Of course, after I'm done weeding, watering, and sweating all over the place, I smell really bad...and so does Blue.

Bonnie: Ugh...look at us, Blue...we need baths!  You wanna go first?


So I get Blue in the tub and wash him up.


Right before I hop in the shower myself, I hear Silus crying.  Ugh...I guess the fact that I'm smelly and hungry has to be put on the back burner...


Bonnie: Okay baby boy...it's ok...let's go get in your swing, huh?

Silus is content so I hop in the shower then come out and have some lunch...





Of course when I put my dishes in the dishwasher it breaks...ugh...



Then Silus gets fussy...


I have to clean the house...


Then once I get done the dog is wanting attention...I'm telling you, there aren't enough hours in the day.  I have things to fix, a house to clean, a baby and a dog to care for, and I'm low on money but I have no idea how I'm going to be able to get to the rock quarry.  


Blue must sense that I'm stressed because he jumps up and gives me a hug.

Bonnie: Okay, I know we can get through today Blue.


So I take Silus to the quarry to get some money.

As soon as Houston gets home, we celebrate Silus's birthday!


Now that Houston is a child, we can both sing Happy Birthday...thank goodness...I was starting to feel weird singing it by myself.


Silus grows up to be a brown-headed boy with a squished nose and reddish skintone...I haven't a clue where that came from.


I let him play while Houston and I eat cake.


Houston: Mom, we're not going to have any clowns for Silus's birthday are we?
Bonnie: No...why?
Houston: Clowns are creepy.
He whispers that last part...I swear that kid is odd.


Just as I'm getting the boys ready for bed, I go into labor.  I don't know what to do...I would really rather not have this baby at home, but I don't have the money for a sitter right now.


I decide I have no choice but to do a home birth.  Here we go.


It's really not that bad...


I lie...I LIE!!!!!


Houston: Are you okay mom?  Um...do you need my help?


Houston is freaking out, but I try to assure him that I'm fine.


Which is difficult to do considering I keep screaming in pain.


Finally I feel it coming to an end.


And then a little pink dream entered my world.

Meet Baby 3: Aaliyah Reed.

6 comments:

  1. Awww! I love that name! "I lie... I LIE!" That made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be funny, if Bonnie's next birth, she has quads xD. Tha'd probably drive her over the edge. Great post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm probably going to do higher numbered multiples at some point, I'm just not sure when...Bonnie might go over the edge! LOL

      Delete
  3. your first girl. Congrats. I love Houston's reaction LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks! He cracks me up...for some reason I am super attached to him. I don't know why.

      Delete