Thursday, February 2, 2012

Gen. 2: Baby 2: You've Got a Friend...Unless My Water Breaks...In Which Case, You're on Your Own


Caleb comes home with Houston and I from the hospital, even though I tell him he doesn't have to.
Caleb: No, I insist.  I can't just not see my son.
Bonnie: I know...but what about your fiance?
Caleb: She's fine with it.  Of course I think she's wanting a baby soon.
Bonnie: Is that something you've been planning?
Caleb: No, but I love children, so that's fine with me.


This long walk is hard on me though.  I usually love that I live far off the road, but I'm exhausted.  At least I have a stroller.


When we get inside, I send Caleb on his way.
Caleb: Okay...just...um...call if you need anything.
Bonnie: I will, thank you.  See ya. *hint, hint*


Bonnie: Okay little guy, let's get you something to eat now that we've gotten rid of pesky old daddy.


I put Houston in his swing and he immediately loves it.



Bonnie: Awww, look at you.  You're a happy boy, aren't you?

I can't believe how awesome this whole motherhood thing is.
I let him play in the swing for a minute then we go to bed.


He goes to sleep instantly as do I.

***THE NEXT MORNING***


I am woken up abruptly by the surprisingly loud screams of my little boy.


Bonnie: Come on, Houston, can't you give Mommy a break?

I am answered by more screams.


Ugh, now I know why my mother used to scream and growl in frustration with me and my siblings.

Okay, I know he's hungry and needs some cuddles, but damn.


To the swing he goes!
Bonnie: Will you swing while Mommy eats?

Thankfully he agrees to that.


After eating a bowl of cereal, I do the dishes and contemplate what I have to do today.

I'm running low on money so I need to do some fishing but I can't hire a sitter...


Bonnie: Houston, it looks like you're going to have to come with Mommy while she works.


So I pack him up and head to the rock quarry first.


I try to be gentle in laying him down on the ground.  He doesn't cry, so I guess he's okay with it.
I make $400 just collecting the rocks!  Woo-hoo!


The next place we go is the beach to try and catch some fish.
Bonnie: Look Houston, this is where Mommy fishes!


I lay him down underneath a plant to provide some shade and work on fishing.  He's perfectly content.


When I'm done fishing, we get ready to go home.
Bonnie: Awww, you love Mommy, don't you Houston?  Mommy loves you!

Yeah, Mommy is kind of losing her mind...I think it's time to find another baby daddy...
Hmm...maybe Curt?  No...I kind of like Curt...I don't want him to be just another guy that I bang for baby juice...


Okay, let's give your daddy a call and see if he knows anybody...

Caleb answers on the first ring.
Caleb: Is everything okay?
Bonnie: What?  Yes, it's fine...hey listen I have a question...
Caleb: How's Houston?
Bonnie: He's fine...
Caleb: Oh, okay...
Bonnie: Damn, worry much?
Caleb: Sorry...I've never been a dad before...I didn't really expect this...and now that Brittney is pregnant...
Bonnie: What?  That's awesome!  Tell her congrats for me!
Caleb: I will...I'm just...freaking out.
Bonnie: Cal, seriously, don't sweat it.  You'll be great.  I know it.  Just breathe.
Caleb: I know you're right.  Okay, what can I do for you?
Bonnie: Know any guys that might want to be a baby daddy?
Caleb: Oh, uh...yeah, sure...I can send my friend Francesco Burrows over...you'll like him.
Bonnie: Thanks...ya' feel like a pimp?
Caleb: Haha, not yet...let me send you a few more and we'll talk about a commission.
Bonnie: Ha!  Yeah...we'll see about that.


Caleb and I chat while my little Zen baby takes in the salty air from the ocean.  He's so cute!  He looks like a little Yoda!  Hehe.


Caleb works fast because this dude shows up on my doorstep. 


He seems like a pretty easygoing dude and he knows all about the challenge, so we get right down to business...


And by business I mean bow-chica-bow-wow!


Houston sleeps soundly in his swing while Mommy gets her mack on!  Haha!

***THE NEXT MORNING***


He must have had super seed or something because I wake up nauseous.  This is probably my least favorite part.


After I settle my stomach and take care of Houston's needs...before sitting his butt back in the swing...I head outside to pay bills...which basically means I'm broke again.  While I'm standing there, this dog comes up to me.


He doesn't seem to have a collar or owners...so I decide to adopt him. I name him Blue because his spots are kind of blue-gray.


Of course I feel nauseous again...ugh...I HATE morning sickness.


Luckily, I know exactly what will brighten my spirits...seeing my precious little boy.  He is such a good baby, which is good because my parenting skills sort of suck at this point.


Case in point: I decide Houston might like swinging a little faster...yeah...uh, no.


He starts screaming his head off and then pukes....


Which makes me puke...ugh...not such a great idea.


Bonnie: Aww, I'm sorry baby...Mommy sucks.



Oh well...the next thing I do is teach Blue to hunt...I figure if I'm going to have a dog, he's going to be useful.


He catches on really quickly...so hopefully he'll bring in some stuff that we can sell.


Houston seems to have recovered from my previous lapse in judgement....thank God kids are resilient!


Then I start showing!  Definitely pregnant!


I change into my maternity pajamas and go get Houston up.  It's his birthday!


Also, we finally have produce in our garden!  Yay!  So now we have wholesome food?  Hell no, I'm selling this stuff.

After I harvest, I go inside to age Houston up.


I bought a chocolate cake for him.  It looks AWESOME!


I sang him Happy Birthday and blow out his candle and let him age up....


He ages up into a curly-haired brunette with brown eyes...he's so adorable!  I think I'm in love!  Hehe.


I saved some money up and decorated one of the upstairs bedrooms for him.  There's a little toddler bed, a toy box, and some toys.  I know it's scant, but he'll love it.

After our little party and cake, I get a call from City Hall with an offer to work on the pipes for some money...so I have a decision to make...do I do it and leave Houston with a sitter, or do I pass it up and not get paid?  Um, I'm thinking I wanna get paid.


I stick Houston in the swing and call a sitter.


He's asleep before I can get out the door.


This is his baby-sitter...I have my reservations, but Houston seems to love him.


When I call to check in, he's even let him pick him up.


Since I'm already out, I take the opportunity to do some fishing...check this bad boy out!


I come home to Houston playing peacefully on the floor with his doll.  Since he's been out of the swing for awhile, I take the time to work on his potty training.


He seems to concentrate on it really hard.  I think he's already a perfectionist!  Hehe



This were not all sunshine and roses when I get home though...Blue has apparently rolled in something really foul...I'm thinking a skunk covered in dookie and cat pee...it's that bad.


Bonnie: Yeah, you're going in the tub right now dog.


Thankfully he doesn't flip out at the water...I actually think he likes it...yeah, leave it to me to have a weird dog.



While I bathe Blue Houston keeps himself busy with the xylephone...even though he has different plans for it...

*BREAK FOR ADORABLE HOUSTON PICTURES!!!*



He looks a lot like my mom in this picture...


Bonnie: Okay little boy, it's time to go to sleep in your big boy bed!


I take him upstairs and he looks at me all confused.  Then when I turn to leave the room, he starts crying.

Houston: Maaammmaaa!  No go, Mama!

Crap...pulling on the heart strings...a definitely unfair ploy.


Bonnie: Okay...who's going to be Mama's big boy and go to sleep?
Houston: Not me!  I Mama's baby.
Bonnie: Come on kid, work with me...how about if you go to sleep I'll let color on the walls tomorrow?
Houston: *laughs*

Don't you just love toddler laughs?  They're so cute.


Bonnie: Okay little guy, it's really time to go to bed.  I love you.
Houston: I wuvvv yooouuu Mommy!


Of course all that leaning down is killing my back...can I really do this 98 more times?


Houston doesn't go to sleep, but he doesn't cry either.  I think it might be because I let him keep his doll.


He finally goes to sleep...when the sun comes up...I'm telling you...this kid has fought sleep since the day he was born!


But he looks so precious when he sleeps.  I just want to squeeze his lil' cheeks!


Look how huge I am!  If I get any bigger I think my bladder is going to try to escape out of my belly button...


Even though Houston loves his doll, I think Blue is jealous...although I'm not sure if he's jealous of the doll or of Houston...he's probably thinking the doll might be tasty...


When Houston wakes up, we teach him how to talk...while Blue tries to give me the newspaper.  Go easy on me, dude!  I can only take care of one of my boys at a time!

I get a phone call from Brittney, Caleb's fiance', inviting me to a party...so I get Houston to bed, put on my party dress, and head out.  This should be fun!


Unfortunately, when I get there I see Brittney going into labor!  Holy crap!  I offer to get her in a cab, but she says she can drive...I at least offer to go with her...


I can't help but think how crazy she is for driving while in labor.  Talk about multi-tasking...I couldn't brush my hair while in labor...


Brittney: Thank you for being here for me...I'm really nervous.
Bonnie: Um...yeah...no problem...
Brittney: You know, Caleb doesn't know what he's doing...and I end up having to comfort him...he's kind of a worrier...
Bonnie: Yeah, I kind of got that.
Brittney: You really are a good friend...
Bonnie: Uh...yeah, that's nice...but Britney...
Britney: Yes Bonnie?
Bonnie: My water just broke...
Brittney: Seriously?
Bonnie: I'm sorry Brittney...
She didn't have time to answer me because a big contraction suddenly hit her.  She screams so loud a couple nurses come outside, put her in a wheelchair, and push her inside while she's screaming, "GET ME SOME DRUGS!!!"

Yeah, I feel ya' honey.


Meanwhile I walk in...the anesthesiologist better not be too busy with giving her drugs...

Right before get ready to deliver, I ask about Britney.  She gave birth to a baby girl they named Esmeralda. 



Soon after I give birth to Baby #2: Silus Reed.

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love the name Silus!!!!!

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm flying by the seat of my pants on this naming go-round...it's not easy.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! Houston is such a cutie!
    Bonnie is a really good mom so far!I have to admit, when I found out it was her at first I was a bit worried. Just because of her relationship with her sisters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah, Illena was the big trouble maker in that situation...even though Bonnie's actions didn't make it any better...she just didn't take any crap off her. LOL I'm glad you're liking her.

      Delete
  3. ok question time!! how do you get the amazing cakes?? oh and how do your babys look so cuteee!

    ~Becks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Okay, the cakes are from the sims resource and I have no idea how the babies are always so adorable...I have a soft spot for Houston...he's too cute...

      Here's the link for the cakes:
      http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/browse/category/sims3/search/birthday%20cake/free/1/

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! I like it too...I'm kind of winging it on the naming this go-round, so I might have some weird ones. LOL

      Delete