Friday, February 17, 2012

Gen. 2: Babies 6-7 Part 1: Cowboy Casanova...Minus the Cowboy


Being the first girl, I think Aaliyah has it on good authority that she is a princess.  She stands up on the dining room chair and rules over her court, while her brothers just humor her.

"You all are my loyal subjects," she starts in on them when they're trying to do their homework, "Bow in the presence of your queen!"
She looks at them expectantly, and of course they do nothing.
"You guys!" she whines, "bow!"
"We are Allie, we're bowing on the inside," Houston tells her.  I'm telling you, she is the only person Houston actually likes.
Aaliyah sits down in a huff.

I am about to indulge her for a minute when I hear a knock at the door.  That would be the next baby daddy...right on time.


If he looks familiar, it's because this is Don Lothario.  He is well known for his philandering ways.


He's shocked when I suggest we get right down to business.
"Everything okay?" I ask him.
"Most definitely," he replies, "I'm just not used to being pursued."


I laugh and reply, "Consider yourself pursued."
I kiss him and lead him to the shower where we get to baby-making!
I definitely hear a lullaby.


That night, Madeline and Giselle are sleeping in their swings, as usual.  These swings are a godsend, let me just say...even though for some reason, I wake up to screaming coming from the living room early in the morning.


It's Maddie...for some reason, she is flipping out.
"Mom, what is wrong with this kid?" Houston asks.
"She's crying dummy," Aaliyah tells him.
"Well I know that smarty pants," he replies.
I can't take anymore screaming, so I say, "Either pick her up or get out of my way."


"Okay, I got her," Houston says as he picks up the screaming child.
Thankfully, she calms when he holds her.


Thankfully it's Saturday.  I leave Houston in charge and go to take a bath to relax.  Of course, my relaxation only lasts for a little bit.


When I get out of the tub, I see Aaliyah having a blast on the spring rider.

"Hey sweetie, where are your brothers?" I ask her.
"Houston took Blue to the pool and Silus is in the rock quarry," she replies.

Hmm, well, so much for family togetherness.


So it's a quiet day.  I get the gardening done, then I sit down to read...and everyone takes a nap.






Later in the evening, it's birthday time for the twins.


Giselle ages up to be my first look-alike.


Madeline is blonde and looks more like her father.


Of course, just as I start to get the girls ready for bed, Houston and Blue show up...both soaking wet...and Blue shakes the water off of him...right on to Maddie.  She's not so happy about it.

2 comments: