Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Baby 2: Getting Used to Being a Mother



Being a mother is unlike anything I have every experienced. It's rewarding and exhausting at the same time. I barely get any sleep, but I love looking into those sweet eyes. Embry is probably the sweetest little baby ever. I'm not biased, I swear (Ok, I totally am!).



So guess what? I got a letter in the mail right after Embry was born that said a long lost relative I didn't even know about passed away and I was the only living relative. I just got 60,000 simoleons! Holy moses! The first thing I bought was this high chair!



Even though Embry is mostly good, he does know how to throw some monster fits!



When he gets really bad, pretty much the only thing that will quiet him is a walk around town in the stroller. He absolutely loves it! Check out that little baby smile! He looks like he's looking right at the camera!



Even though Embry keeps me pretty busy, I decided to take some of my inheritance money and find another baby daddy! I thought this guy was cute. His name is Wayne Johnson, I really like his smile. Before Embry even had his birthday, I was already showing! Talk about some potent sperm!



Here's a picture of me holding Embry on his birthday. Check out my new furniture in the background! I actually bought a bed as well! No more sleeping bag for me!



Embry grew up to have red hair and green eyes! He's such a little doll! His skin is close to my color, and he didn't get the dumbo ears like his daddy. I'm kind of relieved!



He still gets whiny, and just like when he was an infant, the only thing that will calm him down is a walk in the stroller.



He loves it...my back is killing me...I've also put on a little bit of weight this time around. Carrying this second baby and also some extra booty weight is not a good combination for relieving back pain, let me just tell you that.



How embarrassing! I'm literally barefoot and pregnant in this picture! Ugh! That's what I get when Embry wakes up in the middle of the night wanting to go for a stroll!



By the time we get back from the walk, it's daylight and I decide to work on some skills with Embry. Who knows what kind of time I'm going to have when the new baby comes.



He whizzes right through walking and goes straight to talking...what am I trying to teach him to say here? Chips and salsa? Hmm...yeah, he would learn the words for food first...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! Hehe!

Soon after I taught Embry how to talk, my water broke. I didn't have enough time to get a picture of myself in labor (like I want to remember what I looked like while I was screaming in agony anyway), because I was rushing around to get a sitter for Embry and get to the hospital.



After just a few hours of labor, my second son, Baby 2, Jeremy Reed was born.

***NOTE: Jeremy is named after my brother in RL!***

4 comments:

  1. Good blog so far - your first post was incredible!
    Check out my blogs if you want!

    http://thejameslegacy.blogspot.com/
    http://catherinebell100challenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I have read some of the entries for your challenge, but I'll be sure and update myself on both your challenge and your legacy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Would you mind checking out my other blog

    http://thesims3bardlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-one-rough-start.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Paisley: Thank you! Sure! Thanks for checking out my challenge!

    ReplyDelete