Monday, June 27, 2011

Baby 11: The Three Screaming Amigas



Even though I had just given birth to triplets, Stefan had a badge ceremony for his scout troop at the school that night. It was really important to him. I wasn't going to let him down.



He looked so cute in his scouting uniform!



Stefan brought home a special badge for exemplary scouting, so I celebrated by taking the boys out to a nice dinner after the ceremony. The triplets were still too young to go out. I had to leave them at home with a sitter.



All the boys look so cute in their formal wear!



The next morning, I had three little infants to worry about. I had never had triplets before, so I was worried about not having enough time for them all.


Thankfully, Stefan had aged up into a teenager the night before and didn't have to go to school that day. I recruited him to help. He seriously looks like a blonde, male version of me, right? Hehe...



At first, I was worried because he walked in with a scowl on his face and it reminded me of Emily and how much she disliked children, but he assured me the scowl was only because he walked into the room full of three infants with dirty diapers...okay, I'll admit, I scowled a little bit too!



Between the two of us, we were able to get the girls fed, played with, and changed in a timely fashion. I bought Stefan an inventors bench for being such a big help.



Of course, he barely had time for it. The girls kept us running pretty much all the time. It seemed like as soon as we fed them, they all messed their diapers! I was tempted to just poor the bottles into their diapers and cut out the middle man! (Okay, not REALLY!)



I thank God for Stefan, when the girls needed something, each of us would take one and whoever was done first took the third one. I probably would have lost my mind if it was just me!



Stefan and I were both exhausted. As soon as we got the girls down for their afternoon nap, I sent him down to the living room to take a nap and I took a nap in the girl's bedroom next door to the nursery. I assured Stefan that I could handle it if they woke up.



He's such a sweet boy! He looks like an angel while he sleeps.



When Damon and Alaric got home from school, I gave them both Plasma Juice snacks. First Alaric had to change into a prince costume!
"Who are you supposed to be, dude?" Damon asked Alaric.
"Prince Charming," Alaric answered nonchalantly.
"Well, you look like the prince of the Fairies." Damon teased.
Alaric shrugged, "That's not a bad idea either."
Alaric is such an easygoing little boy. He certainly didn't get that from me! Haha!



In the midst of all the crazy, my daughter Emily came over for a visit. I hadn't seen her in awhile. Alba told me she had been running around with a whole different group of people and staying out all night at the clubs lately. I hope she's not getting out of hand.



When I voice my concerns, Emily looks at me like I'm crazy.
"I just wanted to come visit you, Mom....and see my little brothers and sisters. Geez, everything is fine. Tell Alba to stay out of my business next time she decides to call and blab!"
"It's okay, Em," I replied, "She was just worried...I'm worried...but if you swear you're fine, I'll believe you."



For some reason, she asks to spend the night and sleeps in her childhood bed. I hope she and Alba haven't had a fight.



Stefan is still working really hard on helping me with the triplets. He has school the next day, so I don't want him staying up all night. I appreciate his help, but he needs to concentrate on school and prom coming up and all that, not his baby sisters. That's my job.

It's time for the triplets to age up!



Illena is a carbon copy of her father, down to his brown eyes and hair.



Bonnie is a perfect mix of my gene's and her father's. She has my blue eyes, his reddish dark skin, and my purple streaked hair.



Caroline has my skintone and hair, but looks exactly like her father otherwise.



I also ordered another father from the sperm bank. Even though I was worn ragged from taking care of triplets, I knew I needed to forge on in my challenge. This guy's name is Chen He. I really like his hair color and the mole under his lip.



After the girls aged up, I focused on teaching them their skills. I knew I would have to work really hard to make sure they all learned everything the needed to know.



I've taken care of twins before, but I'm surprised how much more difficult caring for triplets is, I mean, it's just adding one baby! The girls always have me running...amazingly I get them all in their high chairs to feed them their dinner.



Of course, they are all exhausted as well...and the first to let me know is Illena! She doesn't put up with having to wait!



Who is that zombie carrying Bonnie? Oh yeah, that's me...



As soon as I get the girls in bed, my morning sickness starts! Ugh, maybe I should have waited to have any more children!



Oh, also, Emily is still hanging out around our house...that would be fine, but she's being mean to her little brothers.
Damon asked her to read him a bedtime story and she answered, "Get lost you little twerp! I have better things to do than read you a stupid story!"
Damon cried himself to sleep that night. I'm going to have a talk with her.



That is if I can get away from the Three Screaming Amigas long enough!



Even though they're a handful, they are as sweet as pie!



They had to get used to the fact that there are three of them and only one mommy, so sometimes screaming wouldn't do any good.



Of course, some random long lost relative sent them some of those ugly dolls!



Stefan continued to try and help, but I kept shooing him away to do his homework.



I kept working on their skills...I really wanted to get them done before my next baby was born...look, I'm showing in this pic!



Running up and down the stairs was getting more and more difficult the more my belly grew.



Amazingly, I found some time to take Stefan driving...and actually taught him completely! Whew! That's one less thing I have to worry about before the new baby is born.



I finally had a talk with Stefan about his priorities.
"Hey, I know how much you love your sisters and you just want to help me take care of them, but I'm really fine. I don't want your school work or social life to suffer because you feel obligated to help me all the time. If you have extra time, that's great, but make sure you have time for your stuff too, okay?



"Okay Mom, I promise I will." He answered and sat down at the table to do his homework, even though the girls were on his mind the whole time. I don't know what I ever did to deserve such a sweet and giving son. He's going to make some woman very happy one day.



I kept working on the skills with the girls...teaching "Nessie" to Caroline made her giggle!



They were all potty trained! This picture cracks me up...



In the middle of teaching the girls their skills, my water broke!



Welcome to the family, Baby 11! I named her Jenna Reed.



Of course, Stefan was just as attentive with baby Jenna as he was with his other little sisters.


While Stefan had the patience of Job, my patience frequently dwindled. I wanted to tear my hair out when Caroline started screaming the other day.



"Really, Caroline? Really?" I said, but Damon got up from watching TV and said, "don't worry Ma, I got this." He played peek-a-boo with her while I tended to her sisters.



Of course, one day, the inevitable question was asked by Stefan.
"Mom, I was wondering...why aren't you married? Everyone at school has two parents that are either married or divorced, but I've never known you to be married to anyone...what gives?"



"Don't you want to fall in love? Don't you miss not having a boyfriend?" his questions just kept coming.



I answered him as honestly as I could, "From the time I was your age I knew marriage wasn't for me. I suppose one day I might meet a man and settle down, but right now, I just want to be a good mother for all you kids. Everyone has their own path to walk. This is mine.



"So you're not opposed to marriage or love in general or anything?" Stefan asked.
"Of course not!" I exclaimed.
I have the feeling this might have less to do with me and more to do with him...hmmm...



It also happened to be prom night...he was going stag, and he picked out a simple jacket and slacks. He was still so handsome!



I made cobbler for Damon and Alaric while Stefan was at the prom...and Alaric dressed up like a race car driver! Hehe! I love his little costumes!



Stefan got home and joined us for a piece of cobbler...when I asked him how prom was he gave me a "so-so" gesture...he won Prom King, but his crush showed up with a date and rejected him for a dance. Ouch!



Stefan's patience is as usual unwaivering. After Alaric had a nightmare sleeping in his own bed, he settled him into mine and read him a bedtime story.



I finally got all three girls caught up with their skills! Woo-hoo! Thank goodness! Now I can go on with life and continue my challenge!

4 comments:

  1. I know! I don't know how those genetics worked out, but she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just wondering, where did you get the hair for you triplets? I found your story through a friend & I find it very interesting. My last baby challenged failed epically, but I'm captivated by your's. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rachel: Wow, word of mouth? Really? That's awesome! Thank you so much for reading and thank your friend for recommending it! Um, I can't for sure remember where Illena's hair came from, but I'm pretty sure Bonnie's and Caroline's came from Peggyzone.com. Sometimes you can get new hairstyles from downloading sims on the Exchange, it doesn't always work, but sometimes it does! I hear what you're saying...I had a couple attempts at baby challenges before and both times they bombed! If you decide to start one and blog on it, let me know, I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete