Monday, June 27, 2011

Baby 12: When Mama Gets Moody



Today is birthday day! The triplets and Jenna would age up in the morning and the boys would age up when they got home from school, that way everyone would have a little bit of special time! Caroline and Illena were excited! Check out Caroline's raspberry face! Cuteness!



I gave Jenna her last bottle as an infant...next step, toddlerhood baby girl!



Being the first born by a few minutes, Illena aged up first. She's Ms. Prim and Proper. She only likes to wear black and white only. She's very smart, a genius in fact, but she inherited her mama's hot-headed mean streak! Uh-oh! She still looks exactly like her father.



Bonnie aged up next. She's such a little beauty. I'm not really sure where she got her looks from, but she doesn't look overwhelmingly like me or her father. She's family-oriented, so hopefully she'll eventually be a big help with her younger siblings in her teen years.



Caroline is all about originality, fashion, and bright colors. She's a little neurotic, so she has to deal with OCD tendencies, but she doesn't let them get her down.



Jenna aged up to look exactly like me! It's going to be weird having a little carbon copy of myself running around, but I'm sure it won't be so bad.



As soon as Illena aged up, she went to the science facility and attended a logic class. She came home dying to discover a potion, so I allowed her to, cautioning her to be careful. I know how easy it is to blow yourself up with those chemistry sets!



Sure enough, she put the wrong mixture together and POOF! She singed herself!



I went out to teach a class on handiness (fixing all those darn toilets has been good for something, at least!), so I had to leave the girls with the baby-sitter...I think Bonnie has a little crush on him!



As soon as I get home, I fix dinner for the whole family and then put Jenna to bed.



I put Bonnie and Illena in charge of clearing the table and Illena is NOT happy about it...ugh, I don't know if I can handle more scowling from my children...maybe I should tell her if she makes that face it'll stay that way! Haha!



Before he ages up, Damon spends some time with Illena, but she would rather read her book, so he just decides to go ahead and age up...



Damon is a very attractive young man. He's sure to be a lady killer...ok, bad choice of words for a future vampire...hmmm...



Alaric's love for dress-up has been channeled into a love for theater. He's got star quality, so I expect that he will go far in an acting career. He wants to get a part time job in the film career, but I don't know if I should allow it.



My sweet boy Stefan is aging up and moving out today. Sadness! I know he will go out and mark the world with greatness...he's going to be a teacher.



As soon as everyone is in bed, I get on the online sperm bank to find another father.



This guy's name is Artus Durmont. He is French American...hmm, I wonder if my kids will come out with a little accent? Hehe...ok, dumb joke, but cute, right?



Taking care of one toddler is leaps and bounds easier than taking care of triplets! I feel like I'm free to spend lots of time with Jenna, where I always felt like I was neglecting Illena, Bonnie, & Caroline.



We worked on potty training and she did a really good job. She looked up with her big blue eyes that mirror mine and listened to me as I explained the ins and outs (no pun intended) of using the potty chair.



Unfortunately, morning sickness hit me with full force when Alaric walked by me wreaking of cologne. Lord, mercy...who is he trying to impress today? He certainly didn't impress my stomach!



Jenna is interested in learning really unique words...like Grim Reaper...can you say creepy? Oh well, it's kind of cute listening to her say "Gwim Weeper"...hehe!



Well, now that Illena is awake, let the scowling begin! She's not a morning person and she wanted pancakes, but since I wasn't cooking, she was stuck with cold cereal. Yeah, I'm such a mean mommy!



She sits down next to Damon while he's drinking his plasma juice.
"What are you drinking in that thing, Damon?" she asks him.
"Blood." Damon replies nonchalantly...and Illena practically chokes on her cereal.



"You like drinking blood?" she asks.
"Yup," he replies.
"Where did you get it?" she asks.
"Did you know you and Bonnie and Caroline aren't actually triplets....you're quadruplets..."
"Huh? What happened to the other one?"
Damon grins with plasma juice oozing out of his mouth in reply.
Illena runs screaming from the table.



As the kids head off to school, I get reacquainted with my friend, Mr. Toilet...



Then I go about fixing toilets...ugh...





Then it's more teaching Jenna to talk...appropriate words this time...like "Bottle".



Damon and Alaric were working hard on their homework. It amazes me how they never really need any help with it. I feel a little inadequate trying to teach them anything. They always seem to pick it up immediately.



They are also just as willing as Stefan to help me with Jenna. It would have been helpful to have them as teenagers when the triplets were toddlers!



I fixed Bonnie's favorite, stu surprise for dinner. The kids sat around the table and talked. I'm glad they have each other.



Bonnie loves playing in the sandbox outside...although she gets really dirty. I always have to make sure she doesn't have ants crawling around behind her ears before she goes to bed!



Unfortunately, even though my children have a lot of good qualities, being neat is not one of them. Unless I'm standing over them telling them to clean up after meals, I find the table like this...Grrrr....



The next morning, I woke up in the worst mood...call it pregnancy hormones or whatever, but I was just grouchy...no one better mess with me!



Of course, Jenna doesn't really care that Mommy is in a bad mood and there's nothing I can do to persuade her to take it easy today...she still wants what she wants when she wants it.



I try to reason with her, "Seriously Jenna, Mommy's not in the mood today." Pretty sure that fell on deaf ears.



Grr...Bonnie and Caroline wake up and decide they want to run around the house instead of sit down and eat breakfast. I can't help but yell at them..."Girls! Stop it! Sit down and eat!"
Caroline listens, but Bonnie wanders around the house looking for the refrigerator all morning, which makes it so she doesn't get breakfast and she's hungry all day. Can't say I didn't warn her...



I keep hearing the kids running around upstairs, wasting time before school...ugh! It really annoys me today of all days!



Even though I'm moody, I still have to work on teaching Jenna how to walk. My job as a mommy doesn't stop just because I'm having an off day.



After she learns how to walk, Jenna tells me a story about a prince, a princess, and a dragon. She says the prince is captured by the dragon and the princess has to save him! Aww, mommy's little feminist! Hehe!



We are interrupted by a telephone call...
"Ms. Reed? This is the principal at the public high school, I noticed on the attendance sheet that your son Damon was absent today, and we didn't get a call from you. Is he sick?"



"Uh..." I didn't know what to say. I had no idea that Damon skipped school today, but if I told the principal that, he would be suspended.
"I'm sorry, sir. I just forgot to call. He's home sick with the flu." I feel horrible for lying, but I also didn't want it to get out that Damon is acting rebellious...what if the Vampire Counsel decides I can't handle him?



Right after I get off the phone with the principal, I get another phone call. It's from Winston Sergo.
"Damon has been seen walking around town today, skipping school. This doesn't look good for you."
"I know," anger builds up in me, "Look, I'm going to deal with it. This is his first offense. It will be his last, trust me on that."



I am LIVID. When that boy gets home, he is so in for it! He doesn't even realize that if I can't handle him, he's going to have to go live with some vampire family that can.



When he gets home, I am so angry, I come at him worse than I've ever reprimanded any of my children before.
"What is the matter with you?!" I scream, "Do you have any idea what could happen if you skip school? I had to lie to your principal, I got a call from that vampire representative guy, he threatened to take you away...what do you think would happen then? Do you want to go live with someone else? Is that what you want? Huh? ANSWER ME!"
The words just kept streaming out of my mouth. I couldn't stop them. I let out all my frustrations on my son.



To say the least, he was scared. I kind of don't blame him...he has a raving mad lunatic woman screaming at him.
"Hold up, Mom. I just didn't feel like doing school today. I'm sorry. I don't even know what you're talking about. What Vampire representative?"
I calmed down and explained, "When you boys were little, this Vampire came to me and told me that your biological father was a vampire, so you and Alaric are half vampires."
"Yeah, I knew that. A lot of the vamp kids have reached out to us. They all live with vampire parents though." He said.
I continued, "Well, there's a reason they all live with vampire parents. The Vampire Counsel usually doesn't allow humans to raise vampire children, but they're letting me try my hand at it, but if I screw up, they're taking you away from me."
I started crying, I couldn't help it.
Damon hugged me and apologized. "I'm sorry Mom. I had no idea."
I apologized for yelling at him and told him he could get back in my good graces if he did some housework, and let him go.



I worked on painting for awhile while the kids came home and started their homework. Alaric appeared at the doorway.
"You look like you could use a hug." He said.
"Most definitely." I replied and pulled him close to me. I have got some great kids.



The girls come home next.
"What's wrong with Mom?" Caroline asked.
Bonnie answered, "I heard hear say this morning that she's 'in a mood'."
Caroline looked confused, "What's that mean?"
Illena was exasperated with her sisters, as always. Because she was a genius, she thought she was better than them, and because she was hot-headed, she had no patience when dealing with them.
"It means leave her alone, Caroline!" Illena said and shoved past her sisters.



My conversation with Alaric continued, "So, did Damon talk to you?"
"Yeah, so there's a Vampire Counsel that allowed you to keep us, huh? Weird..."



"Yeah," I agreed, "but don't worry. I wouldn't give you two up without a fight."



Alaric agreed, "Yeah, I kinda know that. I've seen you mad, I'd hate to get on your bad side."



Alaric talked to his little brother or sister, "Hey little sib, your mama is crazy!"



Meanwhile, Damon was working hard. He took care of Jenna, did some laundry, and then took out the trash.



I caught up with him out by the trash can. "Ok, I'm not mad anymore, son."
He hung his head low, "I'm really sorry Mom."



I whipped up some Shwarma for dinner and patted my baby bump. "It's time for dinner, little baby." I got a kick in response...clearly it was "FEED ME!" In fetal talk! Haha!



We all sit around the table for dinner, even though it's really crowded. I'm going to have to add some more seating outside or something.



After dinner, the dishwasher broke, AGAIN. I recruited Illena to mop up the floor while I worked on fixing it. She wasn't really happy about it.



I thought about how huge I was as I headed to bed. I really hope I'm not having twins.



The next morning Jenna was being my bipolar baby...she started off screaming for no reason,



Then she started giggling...oh no, she's just like her mama!



I decided it would be a good day to take a walk.



Of course then I have to pay my bills...Ugh, it always hurts me!



My back is killing me! It was my due date, and it couldn't come soon enough. I wanted this kid out of me.



I decided to teach Damon and Alaric to drive, but the weirdest thing happened. As soon as I offered and we headed out to the car, before we could get into the car, they got all three skills and knew how to drive! Man, those vampires learn fast...I'm still not sure how they could learn how to drive without ever driving, but whatever.



Illena was telling Caroline a ghost story and looked creepy doing it...



Poor Caroline looks petrified!



Right after we get back from the front porch where the boys learned to drive, a sharp pain hits me and I realize I'm in labor.



Damon flips out, but I assure him that I'm all right and head to the hospital.



I emerge from the hospital with another baby girl, Baby #12, Pearl Reed! She was born with the evil trait and is Fiendishly Delighted about the Suffering of another Sim. Since she's only really been around me in the first few minutes of her life, I can only assume she is delighted that her birth caused me pain. Grrrreat...she's going to be a fun one to raise!

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe I only found this challenge now.
    -.-

    I LOVE it! The kids' personalities are so unique. And about your house, you have great decorating talent.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Damon's joke. hahaha! funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Maple Brown: Thanks! I'm glad you thought it was funny! I can't remember where I got the hair, but I like it too!

    @Destiny Rose: Thank you so much! Doing the challenge has been really fun so far! Thank you for the decorating compliment...my best friend built it and I decorated it for her...it took me like four hours, but I completely gave in to my OCD tendencies! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damon's joke made me crack up! I also love Jenna! She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, yeah, I really like it because Illena antagonized everyone else, so it was good for her to get it back!

    ReplyDelete