Saturday, June 25, 2011

Babies 8, 9, & 10: A Mysterious Meeting for the One Woman Baby Making Machine



After Jeremy, Emily, & Alba move out, the house is too quiet for my tastes. So I go online and order me some more baby daddy juice! Haha!



I chose Manzur Acevedo. He has a Hispanic heritage, so that adds a little variety into my challenge. I can't help but be taken with his eyes. They look very kind. I would like to see eyes like that in a child of mine. So I put a rush order on it and before I know it, I've got it in my hand and I do my thing!



Like I mentioned before, the house is quiet. Stefan plays with his creepy doll most of the time and Damon and Alaric work on their skills. It amazes me how rapidly they gain skill in what they're doing. Damon has only been painting for a day and has almost mastered it.



Alaric has taken to writing and has already published a children's book that basically kicked my books butt in royalty earnings. His earns 45 simoleons a week while mine just earns 13. Not. Bitter. Okay, I'm seriously not, hell, I birthed the kid, it's my victory too, right? Oh, check out the costume...Alaric wears costumes pretty much all the time. He loves it! Hehe!



I still work on painting to earn money for the family. I am getting better and close to mastering, but not quite there yet.



Of course, there's the cooking. I certainly have not mastered that shiz. I can't help but completely loose my cool whenever I screw up a dish. Damn you, bouillabaisse!



Why can't I just get this crap right?!



I threw some eggrolls together really quickly. Stefan was asked to clear the table. He's so tired, he can barely keep his eyes open!



Even though I'm already pregnant and I know I need to be careful with vigorous exercise, I do a little working out to slim down a bit. I don't have to tell you that I've packed the pounds on again, it's pretty obvious...



Look at that rump! Ugh! Disgusting!



After my workout, I get a mysterious phone call. "Is this Hadley Reed?" the voice on the line asked.
"Yes it is, how can I help you?" I reply. I thought it was another one of my fans...or maybe a paparazzo.


"I'm glad I finally found you...you must meet with me immediately. It's a matter of great importance regarding your children." The voice sounded really seriously.
That kind of ticked me off. "Look buddy," I replied, "I don't take threats to my children lightly."



"I do not mean them harm, I assure you," Mystery Voice answered, "but we must meet as soon as possible."
I agreed, "Okay, let's meet right now."
M.V. declined, "Not now, after dark, at the club called Vanity. Have you heard of it?"
I answered, "Yeah, I don't know why we have to meet in a creepy club in the dark for though. How about a nice park during the day?"
"No!" M.V. shouted at me, "It has to be tonight!"
"Okay, I'll meet you there." I replied as the line went dead.
What in the world is going on?



Even though Vanity is a dark, seedy looking club, it has an upscale dress code, so I put on my formal dress, stand outside, and wait...to either meet the mysterious caller, or get attacked.



A man walks toward me with frightening speed. "Hadley Reed? Thank you for meeting with me. May name is Winston Sergo. I am the local Representative for the vampire community."



I am speechless. "The Va-va-wa-wa-what?!" I manage to sputter out.



Winston goes on. "Surely you must realize that some members of your community are not exactly human."
I had honestly not really thought about it. I think all this baby making is leaving me a bit sheltered.
I reply, "I don't get out much."



Winston is more than happy to go on talking, "You see madame, I am a vampire as well and I have recently found some information regarding an old colleague of mine. If you will allow me, I would be happy to explain..."



"Please do," I urge him to go on, "I would love to find out what any of this stuff has to do with me or my children for that matter."
Winston goes on, "I recently found some files on a fellow vampire by the name of Kevin Zhang...does that name sound familiar to you?"
I have to think, but then I remember....



Kevin Zhang was the sperm donor I used when I had Damon and Alaric.



"Oh yes, I remember him," I say. I don't want to reveal much more. What if he broke some crazy vampire code by being a sperm donor or something?
Winston continues, "It is my understanding that Kevin donated sperm to a local sperm bank and you are one of the people that purchased his specimens."



I start to get defensive. "Yeah, so what if I did?! I was assured that I would have my children with no contact from the fathers."



Winston looks angry. "Madame, please do not jump to conclusions. There is no need to be alarmed. I am aware that you gave birth to twin sons and judging from your purchase record at the clinic, you have many more children and you intend to purchase many more viles of sperm. The talk around town is that you intend to give birth to 100 babies, is that correct?"
I calm down and answer, "It is. So...are you saying that Damon and Alaric are...vampires?"
Winston thinks for a minute before answering, "They are half-breeds, but their vampire natures may or may not be active. Vampirism is generally dominant, but it's possible that your sons' human side is more dominant. Given the overbearing and stubborn nature of their mother, I cannot say I would be surprised."
Hmm, I think I've been insulted.



"How do you know if the vampire side is more dominant?" I ask.
"Do their eyes shine brighter and a little different than that of their siblings?" He asks.
I nod.
"Is there a dull gray color to their skin?"
Nod.
"Do they learn skills rapidly, more rapidly than a normal child?"
"Yup." I reply. Oh great.



"I have another son, Stefan. Is he in danger? What about any future children I have? What does this mean for them?" My mind is firing questions rapidly.



"I assure you that they are not dangerous, but I must warn you of something. Up until young adulthood, vampire children are just the same as human children. They eat regular food and sleep. The only differences are the ones I have already told you and that they can drink Plasma Juice for nourishment. That is actually recommended to ease the transition into being a full vampire. This is something you will have to encourage them to do. As children they do not drink blood yet, but once they become adults, they will no longer need food and only require blood or plasma. They will also be stronger and faster than humans, but they will be sensitive to sunlight. They can go outside, but it weakens them. They will have to use caution in the daylight" He tells me.
"I need a drink." I say.
We go inside and continue our conversation at the bar.



"So you just what...wanted to prepare me for raising vampire children?" I ask.
"Well, truthfully, there are a couple reasons I wanted to reach out to you. You see, when a vampire breeds a human..." he starts.
"Thanks for making me sound like a cow, man." I interrupt. I couldn't help it!
He sighs and continues, "My apologies, but as I was saying, when vampires and humans mate and a child is born, it is encouraged for the vampire to stay in contact with the child so that it is raised knowing of the impending transition and are prepared. When the vampire is out of the picture for whatever reason, typically the vampire child is taken from the human and raised by a vampire foster family."



I can barely speak. "Are you saying you want to take my children?"
Winston answers, "Do not be afraid, I have spoken with the Vampire Counsel and they have agreed to allow you to keep your children. The hope is that you will be able to fully prepare them for the transition by ensuring that they drink plasma juice and gain as many skills as possible. Of course they reserve the right to intervene whenever they see that it is needed."
"Wait a minute...so they can swoop down any time and take Damon and Alaric?" I gasp.
"Calm down, female...."
"My name is Hadley..."
"Hadley...they normally do not have such trust in humans, but you seem to be an exception. If indeed you are able to raise perfectly functioning vampires, we do have a request."



"So what, this vampire counsel is reigning down, making decisions about my life, and now they want a favor?" I ask sarcastically.
Winston glares at me, "Your strong will, though refreshing, is very irritating."
I can't help but smile. "Can't say that's not the first time I've heard that one, so what's the request."
Winston continues, "The vampire population is dwindling, so if you prove successful in raising vampire children, we would like you to have more vampire children. We will make arrangements so that exclusive donors are made available to you at the sperm bank."



I think about it for a minute, "Are there going to be any vampires wanting to come in my house and take my children?"
Winston replies, "No, of course not. It will be exactly the same as your experience with your twin sons, only this time you will know they are vampires and be able to prepare earlier."
With this in mind, I agree.



After a short goodbye, I leave Vanity, which turned out to be a Vampire lounge, and never intend to return again.



I come home with a lot on my mind.



I look in on my boys, fast asleep. It's hard to believe that one day they are going to turn into blood-sucking vampires. It doesn't seem like vampires are really dangerous, but where do they get the blood from? Hospitals. I have to say, I won't approve of my sons killing people because they have the munchies. Not cool.



They are so sweet...I can't imagine what they are going to be like as adults.



I promise to love them and protect them with all that I have. Hopefully that will be enough.



I start out the next morning making Damon and Alaric drink Plasma Juice for breakfast.



"Why is mom so adamant about us drinking this stuff now?" Damon asks Alaric. He is generally a bit more contemplative than Alaric.
Alaric just shrugs, "I don't know, but it's good...just shut up and drink it D."



Stefan of course, got a bowl of cereal.



It's the first day of school for Damon and Alaric. Stefan remembers Embry sitting next to him and making him feel at ease on his first day of school, so that's what he wants to do for his brothers.



The boys had a friend come over after school. Now that I know what to look for, I realize there are more vampires in town than I thought. This little boy is obviously a vampire. I wonder who his parents are.



As out of the ordinary all of this vampire talk is, I still have my mundane mommy duties to worry about...like the dishwasher and the sink breaking at the same time.



As I get everyone settled for the night and start painting to calm my nerves, I get a sharp pain in my abdomen and realize that it's time for at least one new family member!



It's back to the hospital for me!



Embry and his girlfriend, Malinda show up to cheer me on. I notice now, that Malinda is a vampire as well. I wonder if Embry knows...and what he can tell me.



I walk out of the hospital carrying the infamous baby basket. How many babies will there be?



I get home and get settled...to reveal my new babies...



Meet baby #8: Illena Reed!



Baby #9: Bonnie Reed



and finally, Baby #10: Caroline Reed!

4 comments:

  1. Yup! My first set! Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Given the overbearing and stubborn nature of their mother, I cannot say I would be surprised."
    Hmm, I think I've been insulted.

    Haha I love that part! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, me too! I'm glad you did!

    ReplyDelete