Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Babies 3 & 4: Living in Our Sardine Can



When I got home with Jeremy, I was excited for Embry to meet his baby brother. I tried to get a good picture of me holding Jeremy, but my ever-growing boobs kept getting in the way! Ugh!



Taking care of two little boys is a chore. Just when I get one pacified, the other one starts screaming. I have astronomical baby-sitting bills because Embry still wants to go for walks in the stroller and they don't make double strollers, so I can't take them both. On top of everything else, I've been so consumed with them, I have forgotten to care for myself. Am I pregnant in this picture? Uh, no. That's the remaining baby weight from the first two. I've got to do something about this.



While Jeremy is down for a nap and Embry is busy playing (and using the potty like a big boy...see him in the background!), I decide to work out a little bit to get some of this baby weight off. I want to be a little more fit before I get pregnant again. Carrying around extra weight and being pregnant is not easy.



Even though I have that inheritance money, I still need to work on making a living. My painting is improving, right?



Pretty soon it's birthday time again! Both Embry and Jeremy are aging up! Hopefully things will get a little easier around here!



Embry's still my wild-haired red-head, but I'm starting to think his eyes might be more hazel than green. Sometimes they look green, sometimes they look gray. Look at that little sly smile! I think he got that from his daddy as well.



Jeremy grew up to look a lot like me, except for the shape of his eyes. He has blue eyes and black hair just like his mama. He also has a full head of thick hair.



Soon after the boys age up, I go back to the sperm bank and order some Jon Whitaker for my next baby. He looks really attractive! He has light blonde hair and dark blue eyes.



Before I start showing, I take a trip to the spa. I really need it. I am so stressed out, I barely get any sleep and the boys keep me constantly going.



Pretty soon, I'm about ready to burst and I'm heading back to the hospital (and incurring another baby-sitting bill) because I'm still not brave enough to try a home birth, and I don't want to scare the boys.



This birth is a little easier, but different. I emerge from the hospital with a baby carrier. You know what that means...there's more than one!



Before taking the new babies out of the carrier, I look around at my small house and worry about how I'm going to find room for this many children. Unfortunately, I have no time to think about it...



Welcome to the world, Alba Reed...my first daughter and 3rd baby...



...and her twin sister, Emily Reed...Baby 4.




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on twins! Hadley is so funny! I checked all of the reactions above!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete