Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where Are You, Hadley?

WRITTEN BY AMY REED, HADLEY'S MOTHER


This is Amy, Hadley's mother.  It pains me to say this, but my daughter is missing.


This morning, her daughter Maureen called me and asked me to come over to the house.  Her mother left the house unexpectedly the day before, right after giving birth and hadn't come home.


"It's probably no big deal, Grams, but she just had Cici and Debbie...normally she doesn't leave the house after having a baby, much less leave all night," she told me, "I made some calls to Aunt Evie and that Ryan guy she's been seeing and no one has seen her.  Her phone is going straight to voicemail."
Right off the bat, I was worried, but I tried not to let it show.



"It's okay sweetie.  We'll figure this out.  She has to be somewhere," I told her, pulling her into a hug, "you did the right thing calling me."


The first thing I do is cook up some food for the kids and wonder...why in the world would she leave the house right after having those babies?  


We sat down to eat.  I can't say that I approve of Billy sitting at the dinner table without a shirt on, but I'm letting it slide...


After dinner, I get up to clear the table and Maureen jumps in front of me.
"I got this, Grams," she says.
Hmm, I am impressed.  Seems my daughter is raising some good kids.


After dinner, first, I call my husband.  He's going to flip when he finds out his baby girl is missing.
Amy: Baby, I need you to sit down.
Andrew: Okay...what is it?
Amy: It's Hadley.
I hear him get up.
Andrew: What is it?
I tell him what's going on and reassure him that it's going to be okay and we're going to find her.



After I successfully calm him down, I call Zoey...she's my freak-out soundboard.  I call her whenever I have a problem and she's always there for me.
Zoey: How in the world can someone that is followed around by paparazzi all the time disappear?
Amy: I have no idea...hey, that does make me think though...maybe one of them knows something...
Zoey: They have to be good for something, right?
Amy: Somehow I doubt it.
Zoey: Don't worry, she's out there somewhere.  You'll find her.
Amy: Yeah...



I get off the phone with Zoey and walk up to the woman snapping pictures of Hadley's house.
Amy: Hi.  I'm Amy...Hadley's mother.
Paparazzo Chick: Before you start yelling at me, realize that I do have every right to take these pictures.  If Hadley doesn't want to be bothered, she shouldn't have put herself in the limelight.
Amy: I'm not going to yell at you.  I need your help.
PC: *looks surprised* Oh...seriously?
Amy: Yes, do you watch my daughter a lot?
PC: Um...yeah...she's the most famous celebrity in Butterfly Acres...and...well, I have to make a living somehow...ya' know?
Amy: I'm not here to lecture you.  I just have a few questions.
PC: Really?  What can I do for you?
Amy: When was the last time you saw my daughter?
PC: Well, it's kind of weird, actually.  The last time anyone has seen her was yesterday.  She came running out of the house, hopped in her car and took off.  We tried to follow her, but she lost us.
Amy: Do you remember anything else?
PC: No...why?  What's going on?
Amy:  Well, I'll tell you, but as a courtesy, please keep it under wraps for at least a little while.
PC: Yeah...I guess I could...I mean, you've been pretty cool to me...most people aren't...
Amy: Right...you see...Hadley is missing.  No one has seen her since yesterday.
PC: What?!  For real?
Amy: Unfortunately, yes.
PC:  Wow...
Amy: So if there's anything you can do to help, or know anyone who could know something, will you please let me know?
PC: Sure, no problem.



After talking to her, I call Zoey back and tell her what I found out.
Zoey: Hmm, think she's telling the truth.
Amy: I have no choice but to believe her.
Zoey: Yeah, I guess you're right.  Well, I told T what's going on.  He wants you to meet up with him tomorrow and fill out a missing person's report.
Amy: Yeah, I can meet up with him now...
Zoey: No, right now, you need to get some sleep.  He already knows about it and he's got some of his guys looking already, just go make an official report tomorrow.
Amy: I don't think I can sleep...
Zoey: You need to.  You've got those young'ns to look after and you'll be no good to them exhausted.
Amy: Hmm, the way it's going so far, they've been looking out for me.



I go inside to take care of Cici and Debbie, but Billy and Maureen have already done it.  They've fed them, changed them, and snuggled them to sleep.



Amy: Hey sweetie, I just want to thank you for all you've been doing.  You've been incredible through all this.
Maureen: Of course, Grams.  I wouldn't have it any other way.
Amy: Well, I've got people out looking for your mom right now, so I know we'll get her home to us soon.
Maureen: Thanks, Grams.
Amy:  You're welcome, love.  Now, you need to get some sleep too...
Maureen: I don't know if I can...
Amy: Try, baby.



As soon as everyone is in bed, I go to use the bathroom and take a shower...but when I wash my hands, the sink sprays the crap out of me!  Ugh, I'm so glad I don't have kids in my house anymore!



I'm exhausted and I look at Hadley's bed and my heart aches.  Where is my baby girl?



Before I can get up in the middle of the night, Maureen gets up and cares for the babies.  I swear, that girl is something else.



By the time I wake up, everything has been taken care of.



I walk into Hadley's room and change my clothes.  I stare at myself in the mirror and resolve to be strong and find my daughter, no matter what.



But now that I'm alone and there's no one here I need to reassure, the doubts overwhelm me and I lose it.
What if...?  No...I won't let myself start thinking about anything but finding her.



I make sure everyone is okay at home and I head to the police department.  They tell me T is out on the field.



I find him at the Bistro.
T: Hey hon.  I'm glad you found me.  I've been out doing some questioning.  So far, no one has heard from her.



Amy: Is there any reason to accept foul play?
T: Don't start thinking about that yet.  Let's just hope she had an emergency and had to leave in a hurry.
Amy: But it's so not like her...
T: I know, our girl is usually good about all this, but we don't know for sure...



I can't help it.  I start to break down.
Amy: T, what if we don't find her?
T: Whoa, wait a minute...don't start thinking like that, girl.



He pulls me in a hug.
Amy: I just got her back, T.  I can't lose her again.
T: I know, baby.  I know.  We won't lose her.  We're going to find her.  I swear to you.  We'll find her.



T: Now, let's get everything on the report.
I tell him everything I know...which I'm realizing isn't much.
T: Okay, I've got my best guys on this, Amy.  If anyone can find her, they can.
Amy: Thanks, T.



When I get back to Hadley's, Evie and her husband Tony are there.
Tony: What can we do?
Amy: Just look for her.  That's all that I can think to do.



Evie looks like she's been crying, but she swears it's partially because of the hormones.
Evie: Aunt Amy, you look awful.  Why don't you head home and I'll stay with the kids.



I can't help it.  I blow up.
Amy: I can't leave, Evie!  Don't you get it?  My daughter is missing and there's nowhere I'd rather be than here.
Evie: Whoa, calm down!  Seriously, you need to rest...



After I calm down, Evie continues.
Evie: Here's what we're going to do.  I am going to take off from work tomorrow and stay with the kids.  Then, my mom is going to come in and take over.  Lila said she would afterward.  You don't need to do this all on your own.



Amy: You're right, Evie.  I'm sorry.
Evie: It's okay.  I know you're under a lot of stress right now, but we're all in this together.



So I am going home and letting Evie take over at the house.  She will be on here to keep everyone updated. Until then, anything anyone can tell us will be helpful.  Please pray for us that Hadley comes home soon!

17 comments:

  1. omg! where are you hadley!!! i am worried and scared! hope she comes back sooon!!!! :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it was a good idea, i might use it near my halfway point if that's ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! Another cliff hanger! I wonder where Hadley is..? So excited for the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jessi: Feel free to use it if you can make it your own, part of the fun of all this is coming up with a good story line and reason all of it happens. Thanks for all your support!

    @Violet: Thanks! I'm going to try and get it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks I will give credit sometimes I forget though! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jessi: I know u will, lol, its totally cool...I'll be excited to see what kind of spin you put on it....there's so many different ways this can go...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What!!!! I suspect JOHN!!!! He's up to no good and it has to be him. Or maybe the vamps that were after her before when she had to move to Bridgeport. That wasn't resolved right or did I miss it if it was.

    Where is she??? Who took Hadley???

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Where is Hadley?! I forgot about the Vampires!! I wonder if that is who took her? John, maybe... I don't know! Way to keep us reading!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @jazen: Hmm, good job with all the thinkin...I'd tell ya' but I'd have to kill ya! LOL

    @jobug1015: That's how I do it! LOL Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has to do with the phone call in the last post right? I'm still thinking about who could've made her rush off like that....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hadley has to come home, its just that simple. I hope John isn't behind this if so Hadley needs to beat him up or something

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quick message, Hadley is in my latest post with a few other baby mommas I hope you like it and thank you by the way for all the comments glad you caught up in time for Hadley to visit

    ReplyDelete
  13. FIND HADLEY! FIND HER! :) I hope they find her soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG Best chapter EVER. Best STORY anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry, that's just me being a dork haha. :)

    ReplyDelete