Saturday, September 10, 2011

Baby 50: The Halfway Mark!!!


It's the first day of school for Gayle and Tatum.  Tatum sits by herself by the window, she's fearless...but Gayle wants to sit by her big brother.


I'm at home with the new set of triplets, and it's time for them to age up!


Billy looks a little like me, but somewhat like Ben as well.  Those are not my eyes or my nose.  He's a cutie though.  Janis sent the triplets matching outfits.  She has been amazing in all this.  I know I would have acted differently.


Maureen is the blonde.  I suppose she gets that from Ben.  She and Billy look a lot alike.


Hallie has my eyes, but looks a lot like her siblings as well.  She's very striking for a toddler.


Hallie is fearless...I don't know how many times she's almost fallen down the stairs.  I really need to get a baby gate.


These three definitely keep me running, but I know I need to work on getting a baby daddy for Baby 50!


This guy looks pretty interesting.  His name is Denny Davis and he has orange, green, red, and blue hair...and he's blue...that should make for an interesting kid...


Meanwhile, it's back to work for me with the triplets.  I can never keep track of all of them.  They're always crawling everywhere!


Somehow I manage to take care of them all day and get dinner on the table for the older kids.  All my cooking kids have left!


When I get them all to bed, I get a call from Evie.  She's doing a lot better.  She and Tony are going to start trying again.  I'm really happy for her.


Of course, then I get another call from John.
Me: Seriously, dude.  How many times do I have to tell you that I don't want to talk to you?
John: Look, I just need to talk to you about something, that's all.  Just one meeting and I'm done, I swear.
Me:  Fine.  Do you want to meet tonight?
John: I can't tonight, but I'll be in touch.
Me: You're kidding me, right?  You have been harassing me all this time and when it comes down to it, you don't want to meet right now?  You're unbelievable.
I hang up the phone on him and go to bed.


At about 5 am, Hallie wakes up screaming...ugh...the joys of motherhood.


I hurry and take her downstairs for breakfast before she wakes up her siblings.


Maureen is the next to wake up, but she's much more mellow.  She just sits in her crib until I come and get her.


Then Billy wakes up.  He's the whiner.  He starts pouting that lip, then the sobs start.  Three different babies, three different personalities.


That morning, I start showing with my 50th baby!


Ahhh!  Listening to these kids screaming is killing me!


Thankfully, Steve wakes up and helps me.  Taking care of triplets is really difficult.  Don't get me wrong, it's nothing like quints, but it's tough.


I love this picture of Hallie and Steve.  She is so amazed with her brother!


I have to admit, the kid is pretty amazing.  He's decided to take up the guitar.


Of course, then John calls.
John: Hey, I'm ready to meet now, I'm sending a car.


Me: Look, John.  I'm busy right now.  I've got three toddlers to care for and I'm not leaving the house right now.  How about I call you?
John: *sighs* whatever.
Me: Don't "whatever" me, John.
John: Look, this won't take long.
Me: I don't care, I'm busy right now.  I'll talk to you later.  *CLICK*
Ugh, that guy gets under my skin.


The kids are doing good playing together before birthdays.  Steve and I have worked so hard, we're aging up both the twins and triplets.



Gayle goes first.  She looks a lot like my family, but she still has unique features.



Tatum still has glasses, but she prefers them. She's a little spunky one.  She has her dad's eyes, but she looks a lot like my mom as well.



Billy is the first of the triplets to age up.  He looks a lot like me, but not exactly.



Maureen is next.  My little blonde bombshell.  She has her dad's nose, but my smile...and of course that sneaky Reed look!



Hallie favors my side, but doesn't really look like anyone else.  She's very unique.



All the kids are helpful, but sometimes they all show up at the dishwasher at the same time...



Of course, Steve's solution is to just lay his dish on the counter...Gayle gets irritated at him, "Just like a man.  Am I to assume that you just want us to pick up your dirty dish?"
Steve just rolls his eyes and walks away.



The girls and I get on the game console and do some playing.  I think I'm enjoying it more than they are.  Tatum is still complaining about having to do the dishes.



All the kids are pretty self sufficient...



Steve has even taken up learning to fix things around the house.  Thank goodness...I was sick of doing all the fixing!



Early one morning, I go into labor with Baby 50!



Welcome to the world, Baby 50: Kenny Reed!



I age him up quickly...he ends up looking a lot like me but is blue like his father.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, 50 babies! I'm jealous! I'm not even a fourth of the way there yet! Great post! "Just like a man. Am I to assume that you just want us to pick up your dirty dish?" That part made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!!!!!!! on baby #50. Poor Steve is the only male in the house and he gets grief from his sisters. I am interested to know what John has to talk to her about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on making the halfway mark... and so fast! I can't wait to hear what John says, the suspense is nearly killing me. I was so happy that baby 50 was a blue boy, now Steve isn't the only boy in the house. I can't wait to see the other 50 kids Hadley will soon have, again I give you my congratulations! Well done, Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halfway there! Wow! Loved the post.. Kenny is so different from his siblings, I like it! Also, I'm really anticipating what John wants to tell Hadley.. gah.. I can hardly wait for the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay halfway there!!!!!!!!!! I have the opposite problem... I only have one girl! She has three brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Paisley: Thanks! I don't know how I got through it! LOL You'll get there!

    @jazen: Yeah, Steve gets beat up on by his sisters! LOL

    @Cat: Thank you so much! I'm super excited!

    @Violet: Thanks! I'm glad you're into this storyline!

    @Jessi: LOL, yeah, I'm sure the tides will turn at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How many of each gender for the first 50?
    Oh, and awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete