Monday, September 5, 2011

Babies 47, 48, & 49: The Scarlet Letter

So much has been going on lately, I forgot to post pictures of Shelby, Sam, and Sonny as they aged into young adults.


Shelby is determined to be a professional chef, but because she enjoys comfort foods, she has decided to be more like a gourmet comfort food chef.


Sam has never grown out of his wild hair and he's going to try his hand and channeling his insane personality into acting.  I suppose it's worked for all the actors in Hollywood, it should work for him!


Sonny is a handsome young man just trying to find a way to leave his mark on the world.


Both Casey and Lamb were really helpful with the new babies in the house.


Lamb is the baby whisperer.  Every time the girls are crying and no one can get them to go to sleep, she just scoops them up, hums gently and rocks them.  It always does the trick.  It must be her gentle soul.


Both my girls are growing up so fast.  I'm starting to get sad at the though of Casey and Lamb growing up and leaving me.


Over the weekend I teach Casey to drive.  It starts out bumpy.  She has a lead foot that rivals her grandmother's, but she does better eventually.


"I would really feel more comfortable if you drove with both hands on the wheel Case," I tell her.
She just shrugs, "Oh come on, Mom...you have to look good behind the wheel too."


While I was busy taking my life in my hands, Lamb was in charge of the house.  I swear, it's like having a wife.  She has dinner on the table for us when we get home.


Soon it was time for Casey to grow up.  She wants to be a race car driver.  I can't say I'm thrilled with it, but if that's her dream, I won't stand in the way.


"You better be careful out there, baby." I tell her as I hug her goodbye.
"I will, Mama, I swear." she replies.

Then it was time for Gayle and Tatum to age up.


Gayle was a cute little girl with a love for flowers.


Tatum already has her sarcastic look down.  She's another one of those stubborn Reed girls.  Well, actually, both of them are.  


When they want something, they want it now...when Lamb is at school, they gang up on me!


Of course, Lamb is so great with them.  Right after they aged up, she took Tatum and I took Gayle and we taught them their skills in no time.


Tatum loves her big sis!  This picture reminds me of how lamb used to hide in my hair when she was that age.  *sniffle, sob*


Gayle is a funny one.  She grabs my nose all the time and squeals, "I got Mama's nose!"  Apparently Uncle T-Bone has been over to visit.


After skill learning, we have time to let them play on the sea horses.  


Gayle doesn't want to get off hers when it's time.  Look at that face!


She has to because my phone is ringing.  It's Benjamin Dias.  Another parent I met at parent-teacher conferences.  He wants to see if Steve wants to play with his son.  I invite them over for the day.


Tatum also loves riding the sea horses.


And amazingly, she doesn't put up a fuss when Lamb tells her it's time to get off.


Benjamin and his son Kain come over and Steve answers the door.  I told Ben he didn't have to stay, but he insisted.  He seems very protective of his son.


The boys get along well enough and I can only imagine what kind of mischief they're planning together.


I get Gayle and Tatum to bed and Ben and I talk for awhile.  He talks about how he stays home with Kain and doesn't get out a whole lot.


Me: I have an idea...have you heard of that new club, Jolt?
Ben: Yeah, I've never been there though...
Me: Why don't we get Lamb to keep an eye on the boys and go check it out?


Ben: Are you kidding?  I can't leave Kain alone like that!
Me: You won't be leaving him alone...Lamb is very responsible.  She sits with her siblings all the time.
Ben: I don't know...
Me: Seriously...take your phone with you and I'll have her call if she needs you.  Even parents need a night out occasionally.   


So he agrees...when we get there, even though he sucks at dancing, at least he's trying and he seems to be having fun. This crazy chicken dance thing he's doing cracks me up!


We have a lot of fun and get a couple drinks in us...then...well...um...you can probably guess what happens next...


The next morning, my sister, Lila comes over with her baby girl...my first niece, Leslie!


Leslie is so cute!  She has my hair and I can see both her mom and dad in her face.


Lila can't stop smiling...I think she's really enjoying being a mother.  That makes me so happy.


Of course, I'm feeling nauseous.  Great, I know what that means.


I tell Lila all about what happened.
Lila: Benjamin...Dias, you said?
Me: Yeah, why, do you know him?
Lila: Hadley, he's a married man!  What were you thinking?
Me: WHAT!?
Lila: Don't tell me you didn't know...?
Me: Lil, how was I supposed to know?  He wasn't wearing a wedding band...it's not like he had a big M tattooed on his forhead...
Lila: Oh man, what a scum bag...you know, his wife, Janis has been sick lately...he's been caring for her.
Me: Ugh, he told me he never got to get out because he's always taking care of his son...not his wife.


Lila leaves and I have to go puke again.  Oh man, I feel like a big jerk.  Why didn't I ask him if he was married?


I start showing the next day...now I'm convinced I have to tell her.


First, I call Ben, but he refuses to talk about it.  So I figure it's every man for himself.
I get her number from Lila and we agree to meet for lunch.



When I see her, she looks painfully thin and pale.  She apparently has tried to put on some makeup and tried to do her hair, but it's obvious it was a struggle for her.  Ugh, I feel sick.  how could a man cheat on his wife in her greatest moment of need?



Janis: Hadley, it's such a pleasure to meet you.  Since I heard you were in town, I have been dying to introduce myself.
Great, she has to be sweet, doesn't she?  I feel terrible, I don't know how I'm going to break this to her.



I can hardly bring myself to do it.  We make small talk and she seems like a saint.  She used to have a job at the school as a kindergarten teacher, then she got sick and was too weak to work, but she still volunteers at the soup kitchen and at the school as a teacher's aide.  Man...and I'm the woman that slept with her husband.  How can I do this?  If I could get out of it, I would, but she's going to find out anyway.  The paparazzi were there...it's only a matter of time before the pictures are leaked.  I would rather she hear it from me than from some fabricated tabloid story.



Just then, Janis feels my stomach.  "I hope you don't mind.  I would love to have another baby, but my doctor told me I would most likely not be able to."
Man, this just keeps getting better.



Finally I get up the guts to tell her.
Me: Janis, the reason I asked you here today is because I have something to tell you...about your husband.
Janis: Oh, he's going to be so jealous that I got to meet you first!
Me: Um...well...he already has...
Janis: What?  When?  Why didn't he tell me?
Me: Probably because when I met him, he never told me he was married...we um...ended up sleeping together.



She looks angry at first.
Janis: What?  No!  He would never cheat on me!
Me: I'm sorry, but he did...and I'm sorry for the part I played in it.  I should have asked him.
Janis: Yes, you should have.  I can't believe this.  Do you make it a practice to go around sleeping with married men?



Me: Janis, I'm so sorry.  I had no idea, honestly.  If I had known he was married, it never would have happened.
Janis: So now what?  Do you want to be with him?  Does he want to be with you?
Me: No, nothing like that.  Well...there is one other thing...
Janis: Oh no...not...the baby you're carrying...it's...



Me: It's his...I'm so, so sorry.  Honestly, if I could take it back, I would.  I didn't know about you then, I didn't know what a wonderful person you are.  I swear.  I will apologize to you every day until the day I die if it will make up for it, I swear.



Then she does something I don't expect.  She hugs me.  She starts crying, but yet, this feels like she's comforting me.
Janis: It's ok, Hadley.  It's not your fault.  It's Ben's.  I've known for awhile that he has been cheating on me.  He hasn't been the same since I got sick.



Janis: I'm sorry I tried to blame you.  I know it wasn't your fault.
Me: Well, I need to be more careful as well, I really am sorry.



Me: I'm so sorry.
Janis: Please stop apologizing, Hadley.  It really isn't your fault.  I'm going to go now.  I wish you the best, really.
Me: Ok...
She leaves and I get the feeling that I am most likely never going to see her again.  I can't say I blame her.



I'm so bummed, but Mason comes over that night and cheers me right up.  He talks to my stomach and makes me laugh.
Mason: Hey there, little guy...how about when you come out here, Uncle Mason is gonna teach you how to play ball.



I tell him all about what happened with Ben and Janis.
Me: ...so I basically ruined someone's marriage...
Mason: Nah, between you and me, that marriage was doomed before it even began.  Ben and Janis were together in high school and Ben was in my class.  He cheated on her then, too.  He's just a dog.
Me: Not really making me feel a whole lot better, but thanks for trying.



Mason: Seriously, Had, don't beat yourself up over it.
Me: Yeah, yeah...



After Mason leaves, I decide to use the activities room and play some of these awesome machines my mom got for the kids.  I have to admit, they're pretty fun, even though I don't really understand them as well as the kids do.



Then it was Steve's birthday.  He is such a handsome guy!



Lamb also grows up and moves out.  I know she will find a husband soon and have her own children.  I'm just waiting for it.  She also talked about opening a daycare.



Gayle grows up to be a girly girl.  She still loves wearing flowers, obviously!



Tatum grows up to be not quite as girly.  She also needs glasses.



I didn't think I'd have any trouble with Steve...that is, until he skipped school to go fishing...



...and then tried to sneak into school in the middle of the night to steal tests.



Of course, he was caught.



Dang teenagers!



Steve knew he was in trouble when he walked in the door.



Me: Steve, what were you thinking?  Skipping school?  Then stealing tests?  You're lucky the principal didn't expel you.
Steve: Well, I kind of needed to steal the tests to make up for skipping...
Me: I can't believe I'm hearing this...you're grounded!



Steve: Mom, please, please don't ground me!  I swear I won't do it again!
Me: Hmm, well, you'll just have to prove it to me, won't you?

The funny thing is, he does.  As soon as we finish talking, he does all the laundry, cleans the kitchen, all the bathrooms, and reads bedtime stories to his sisters.  Well, huh...



Me: Ok, I think you've proven to me how sorry you are.
Steve: I really am, Mom.

I swear, that's the shortest grounding I've ever done.



Just as soon as I get to bed, I go into labor...this feels different....



I come out carrying the baby basket again...



First out is Baby 47: Billy Reed



Followed shortly by Baby 48: Maureen Reed



Then finally, Baby 49: Hallie Reed.  Another set of triplets!


11 comments:

  1. and multigenders! love pointing that out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and cassie where did you get the martial arts stuff? i know it's not mentioned in this post, but i was just wondering! maple knows how janis feels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the triplets. That is terrible he cheated on his wife especially with her being sick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your last few posts were incredible :) love the story line. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the triplets and having them multi gender. It's a shame how Hadley had them, gotta be more careful nowadays she could end up in alot of trouble

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt so bad for Janis but it was nice of Hadley to tell her. I liked the title of the post, I had to read The Scarlet Letter for english class one time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Janis! Aww, that was so sad. Congrats on triplets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, I just wanted to say that I really like your story! I was just wondering one thing: what does your family tree look like? I was playing the other day, and I was looking at one of my sim's family trees where there are 6 kids and a few grandchildren here and there, and it was pretty full. It got me thinking about what Hadley's would look like and I can only imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I noticed that lelsie looks like illena in the face kinda; probably the reed girl trait ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woop! one more baby to go to be halfway! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete