Friday, September 2, 2011

Baby 43: Night of the Comet

Right after Casey was born, Blaine and Jesse were ready to age into teenagers!


Blaine is a little wirey, mohawk wearin' bad boy with a heart of gold...just the way I like em'!


Jesse is a little more reserved, but not by much. 


"It's time for you to grow up, baby girl!"  I am excited to see her as a toddler...


Casey looks a lot like her father, but she has my blue eyes and her skin is a little lighter.  She's so pretty, and I'm super excited she doesn't look just like me!


She's also picking up all of her skills quickly, and she doesn't put up a fuss, which makes my life a whole lot easier.


Since I didn't gain a whole lot of weight during my pregnancy, it's pretty easy to take off...I put the treadmill in the extra bedroom like I had mentioned.


Of course I have to upgrade the dishwasher to be unbreakable almost immediately.  It's funny because I always forget what a pain it is to fix that thing all the time until it breaks for the 100th time...normal dishwashers simply cannot live up to the lives of challenge mothers!


Shelby loves it when I read bedtime stories to her...even though this one is from my collection...I left out all the dirty parts, I swear!  "then they...um...kissed...a lot."  LOL


Because things were progressing nicely, I found this baby daddy on the sperm donor website.  He is very handsome...he has stark white hair, big white eyes, and porcelain skin.  His name is Russell Lamb, which makes sense because he sort of looks like a lamb.


Hello in there, little baby.  I don't hardly have any morning sickness with this one, which is strange, but welcome.


Over the weekend, I take the boys out to teach them to drive.  I take Casey with me with Jesse, I can't say I approve of him driving with just one hand, but I can't convince him to put two hands on the wheel!


Of course, with four boys in the house, the pranks start...great...I don't know how much pink, blue, and bright yellow I've seen recently, but it's too much.


The kids entertain themselves while I'm teaching Blaine and Jesse to drive.  When I come to get Blaine, I leave Casey at home this time and she and Sonny watch TV.
Sonny is a couch potato and he tells Casey, "you're lucky you're a baby...when you get older, Mom will want you to do chores, like take out the trash...it's gross."


Blaine is a one-handed driver as well...I'm beginning to think it's the car.  It makes them feel too cool or something.


Even though she doesn't like being outside, Shelby loves swimming.  She spends the whole day in the pool.


Ahh, I almost forgot, Blaine is going through a wild streak where he put blue in his hair...hmm, as long as it's just a phase.


Even though Blaine looks too wild to be tamed, he's really a sweetie.


Casey ages up to be a little firecracker.


The day before she goes into school, she hangs out with me while I work in the garden...which is such a full time job, I'm thinking about changing over to a self-employed gardener.


Casey: Mama!  I just saw something fall from the sky, I swear I did!  I want to go find it!
Me: Okay sweetie (I'm really not listening to her)


Later on, when the kids get home from school, I whip up some spaghetti for dinner.  I call outside to Casey.
Casey:  Mo-om!  I have to go get my comet!
Me: Well, your comet can wait hon, it's time for dinner.
She shuffles her feet inside and sits at the table.  By the time we get done eating and clearing the table, it's time for bed, so she doesn't get to get her comet then either.


Although she does entertain herself with a chemistry set I got her.


In the middle of the night, I wake up with my sheets soaked.  My water broke.


The labor pains are intense, but I'm able to get myself together enough to get to the hospital.


After a relatively short labor, a bashful, porcelain skinned little girl comes into the world.  I'd like to introduce you to Baby 43: Sidney Reed.


Sam has really been showing off a lot of odd-ball behavior...while everyone else is having breakfast, he gets in his Sunday best and has a tea party with his creepy doll.


Ever the one to say whatever is on her mind, Casey walks past him saying, "What a weirdo..."
"Casey!" I scold her.
She tries to reason with me, "Mom, seriously, is it my fault he wears a suit to school and talks to his doll more than he talks to anyone else?  No."
"That does not mean you get to call him names, and I'll not hear that come out of your mouth again, understood?" I tell her.
"Yes, ma'am." she groans.
"Okay, I'm going to go up to check on your sister, get dressed for your first day of school!"  I tell her as I head upstairs to tend to Sidney.

***CASEY'S POV***


I get my clothes on for school, but I have other plans.  I listen upstairs and hear Mom cooing away to Sidney, the little poop machine, as I like to call her, and I know she won't hear me.


Just as the school bus comes, I jump on my bike and get going.  I HAVE to get my comet...I mean, it's a COMET...if you saw one fall from the sky, wouldn't you go get it?


I ride my bike like the wind and find it in a field.  It's HUGE!  I can't believe I can just pick it up and put it in my inventory, but I can.


I snatch it up...I'm so excited!  I actually have a comet!


I race my bike to school as fast as I can and actually get there right as my siblings do.  Whew!  Mom will never know!

***HADLEY'S POV***


I work on the garden all day.  I decide to go into professional gardening, so at least I'll make a little bit of money, but it is really relaxing...sort of zen...and I think I'm getting better at it.


That night, I put Sidney to bed and leave Blaine and Jesse in charge of Casey and the triplets because Uncle T-Bone and Aunt Z are having a party!  They're house looks just like I remember it!


It's a formal party, so we're all dressed up...Keaton looks especially spiffy...he rattles off crazy jokes and talks about working at the hospital.  He's doing really well, actually.  Apparently what everyone thought was ADHD was a highly intelligent mind at work.


Evie comes up behind me and is apparently super excited!  LOL


I sit down to talk to Daddy and he's watching something, so I just watch it with him...people keep commenting on how much we look alike...


Okay, so I'm my daddy's daughter...


I had a relaxing evening with everyone and Evie gave me this dress...it's so pretty...


Of course, even though it's well after 2 am, I walk in and see Sonny watching TV.
"Where are you brothers?" I ask him.
"Bed," he replies, barely acknowledging my existence.
"Did they tell you to go to bed?"  I further ask.
He says half-heartedly, "Nope."


"You do realize that you don't need your brothers to tell you to go to bed, right?" I ask.
"Um..."  That's all I get.
"Yeah, that's what I thought, get upstairs now." I tell him.


I will say that the boys are normally good with the kids, they just aren't very authoritative.  Blaine loves Sidney.


The next morning, it's time for Sidney to age up.  She looks a lot like her father, but she got the light brown hair from my side...directly from her grandmother.  She's so timid and bashful that we've all taken to calling her Lamb.

It's also time for the older kids to age up.  Blaine and Jesse go first and get ready to move out on their own.


Blaine has calmed down socially and decides to be a professional writer.


Jesse wants to be a Hit Movie Composer, so he's gotten a little more wild.  


Shelby is the first of the triplets to age up.  She's a stylish little cutie.  She pulls her long hair into a ponytail and wears stylish bangs.  She has also developed the natural cook trait, so she's into making meals for us, which is good for me, I could use the break.


Sam keeps his hairstyle and he's still insane, but he's not as bad as he used to be.


Sonny finally grew some hair!  He looks like a blonde version of my dad.

Thanks for reading y'all...I hope you like it!  I did a lot of playing yesterday, so I had two entries in me today!

8 comments:

  1. Casey is the cutest toddler yet! Mr. Lamb has some interesting genetics, it's too bad Sidney didn't really get any of them. :( I love the picture of Hadley and her father on the couch, they look so alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute chapter I wonder if theres anything else going to happen because of Cassey's comet. Too cute that she kept saying all the time she wanted to get her comet. The kids are lovely and growing up so well. I love the pic of Hadley and her dad next to each other, she's a carbon copy of him, maybe thats why the kids keep turning out that way, the genetics in Hadley are too strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice! making your self at home!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw the title I immediately thought of vampire Diaries (season 1 episode 2 is called "The Night of the Comet")... O.o

    *slaps self*

    Anyhoo, Hadley really looks a lot like her father..All the kids and the blonde hair is just awesome.. And Sidney is cute! She reminds me of one of my sims in his toddler stage..

    Okay, that's my comment for now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All caught up. I love the shots of the boys driving!!! I can't belive that John creep but I'm glad she stood up to him and told him off. The kids are all very cute, love the blue mohawk. You are almost half way there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! Sidney is adorable, and Casey turned out great! Everyone looks really good :) I didn't realize how much Hadley and her daddy look alike until I saw that picture of them sitting next to eachother.. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the post! Sidney is sooo cute! I love her hair color... anyway I think Blaine turned out to be quite the cutie :). I gave a long hard look at Hadley and her dad and I must say, they look almost IDENTICAL!! It's so cute :)

    p.s. I fail at short comments -.-

    Hghsims97

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Cat: Yeah, she didn't get his hair or eyes, but I'm just happy she doesn't look just like Hadley...and she got Hadley's mom's hair...

    @spiderg1rl: Thanks! I thought the comet thing was cute too...Casey was a little pistol as a child...yeah, they are almost identical...and she was actually born into the game that way...it's weird! LOL

    @Maple: Thanks! Yup, it's easy with the new house...I love it!

    @Destiny: Ahh! I completely forgot about the Vampire Diaries episode! I actually based the title on an awesomely cheesy 80's movie by the same name...LOL Yeah, Sidney is sooo pretty and she just keeps getting prettier!

    @jazen: Thanks! I'm glad you liked the pics...I personally thought it was hilarious because of how they were driving the car!

    @Violet: Thanks you! Yeah, Hadley is pretty much identical to him except their eye color...I think hers is a different shade of blue.

    @hghsims97: Thank you! I love long comments, keep em' coming! LOL I'm glad you're enjoying the blog!

    ReplyDelete