Friday, September 23, 2011

Babies 53, 54, 55, & 56: Getting Back Into the Groove of Things


The first thing I do when everything is said and done is go upstairs to see my baby girls.  I am nervous that they won't remember me...the last time I saw them was the day they were born.


The first crib I walk up to is Cici's.  She looks at me warily, and I am convinced that she doesn't know who I am and in a minute she'll start screaming for someone to come save her from this strange woman.
"Hey, baby girl." I greet her.  I watch as her expression slowly changes.


She pulls herself up on the side of her crib and smiles at me.  I pick her up as she reaches out to me, giggling.   Well, even if she doesn't recognize me just yet, at least she is a happy baby.


I hug her as tight as I can.  I am always so amazed at how much I can love someone I barely know, but as she snuggles her face into my neck, I know that for the 51st time, I am in love.


Debbie is a little more timid, but she lets me hold her as well.  I figure now that I'm back, I'm going to jump right back into my mommy duties.


As I put the girls in their chairs for breakfast, I hear Hallie run toward me at full force.
"Mom!"  she is squealing.  Hehe, it feels good to be so missed.



Maureen isn't far behind, squealing just as much, if not louder.



"Mom!  We missed you so much!" Hallie says.
"I missed you too, love." I reply.



I catch Maureen in the kitchen.
"I love you so much, baby," I tell her, "I'm so proud of you for keeping everything going around here."
"Mama, I had no idea how hard it was...and how much harder it was without you." she replies.



I go upstairs and wake Kenny up for school.
"Mom!" he jumps up and then talks my ear off about everything going on at his school.  I can't help but laugh.  Things are definitely back to normal.



I work on teaching skills all day.  They got them both potty trained before I got home, but that was it.



...and I work on my poor, pitiful garden.  I guess there's no rest for the wicked...or the mother.  Hehe.



Then I go to the stylist and tell her I want an all new look...I really dig these cowboy boots, but I got some tight jeans and this pretty tank top.  Even though Autumn is well on the way, I want one more chance to wear a tank top.



And I decide to get hair extensions and color everything auburn with strawberry highlights.  I like it...what do you think?



Then I cook dinner for everyone.  Dang, wearing this push-up bra with this top and these hair extensions while cooking dinner makes me feel like a desperate housewife!  LOL



Of course, after all the kids are in bed, I hop in the shower...and get a head full of blue hair!  Ugh!



The next morning, at around 4 am, I hear Cici roaming around in her crib.  She keeps saying, "Excuse me, excuse me...it's my birs-day!"  She gets increasingly louder before I finally get up and get her and wish her a Happy Birthday.



She grows up to be Ms. Fashionista...she looks a lot like me...her eyes are such a pretty gray.



Debs looks a whole lot like her father, except she has my hair.  She's really quiet while Cici is bubbly and outgoing.



So...know those creepy dolls?  Well, I think due to all the turmoil they had to go through, both girls have imaginary friends.  This is Debbie's...his name is Boinky...kind of a weird name, but oh well.



Cici's is Hester.  Cici is pretty bossy, so even when there's no one else in the room, I can hear her bossing poor Hester around.



Then it was time to age the triplets up.  Billy is one handsome young man.



Maureen gives up her signature yellow lips for a yellow shirt.  She wants to be an actress.



Hallie goes back to her original braids and she talks about traveling a lot before deciding on a profession.



Kenny grows into a teenager.  He has my eyes and hair, but the rest of him is his father.



So, I decide it's time to find another baby daddy.



I pick this guy.  His features are pretty interesting.  He has violet eyes and a pointy looking nose.  His name is Jody Cruz.  Let's hope he makes interesting babies.



My symptoms start so early...ugh...I hate morning sickness.



...and man, am I emotional.  I have a couple plants die and I burst into tears...and crave pancakes.





The girls have so much fun with their imaginary friends...



I decide to work really hard to make a potion that will make them come to life.





I finally figure it out and give a vile to each girl to give to their friends.



Once Hester turns into a human, Cici isn't as intrigued with her anymore.  Well, I actually don't have a whole lot of room in my house right now, so Evie agrees to foster them.  I thought I had better pictures, but I don't.



Since everyone is in school, I take a walk down to the park and run into Uncle T-bone!
"Dang, girl," he says, reaching out for my stomach, "you don't waste any time, do you?"



I get huge quick!  Look at me talking to my appliances,
"I hear ya...I got a bun in the oven too!"



Meanwhile, Cici is starting to prank everyone!  I swear, there's a woopie cushion under every seat now.  Thanks for that, C!



I found this cute little jumper...it comes in denim also!  Perfect, loose fitting for a comfortable pregnancy!



Kenny tells us all ghost stories...



They really are scary...look at my face!



Then I play video games with Cici.  I swear, I am really enjoying spending time with my children again.



Pretty soon though, I go into labor!  Here comes baby 53!



Welcome to the world, Baby 53: Dewey Reed



Then...his sister, Baby 54: Lois Reed



Surprise, surprise...there's another one!  Baby 55: Murphy Reed



...and I also have a runt!  Baby 56: Christine Reed.

Lord have mercy on me!  I have a set of quads!

9 comments:

  1. Very cute update! Cici's "Escuse me, it's my birs-day!" had me lol'ing pretty good. All the kids aged up nicely. And Quads! Meep! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, my sims just had quads too! I'm sure Hadley's up for it because she had those quintuplets oh so long ago!

    I loved Hadley's new look (like always :D) and her "I Love Nerds" shirt. Heehee!

    My favorite part of this post was when all of Hadley's children came to hug their mom. I love happy moments like those! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree quads is probably easy for Hadley after the quints. Love Hadley's new look but every new look she has she always looks good. Glad to see Hadley back to her old self having babies etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What.. quads?! How did that happen? xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the quads...does that have to do with master controller? I love her new look. The hair color looks great on her. The girls are all quite lovely, but I think Maureen is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this going to be a repeat of the quints? :) I loved Hadley's makeover, and Hallie is beautiful! I loved the part where she was talking to her oven. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. I was laughing hardest at the part where she get's out of the shower. She looked just like Skye! And Quads, not as hard as quints but still, hard. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hallie is so beautiful!!! Will you be making her available to download? I'd love to use her in my game.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Lynnwood: Thanks! I'm glad you like it! Cici is a pistol and a half! Can't wait to write more about her.

    @Cat: Thanks! I got some new clothes for her! Yeah, the quads weren't as bad this go-round because I had more teenage help with them.

    @spiderg1rl: Thanks! I'm glad she's back at it too! I can't wait to get more written.

    @imcarrotcake: Master controller, baby!

    @jazen: Thanks! Yup, it's from the master controller. She had twins, then I had her have two more thru instant baby.

    @Paisley: It's not as bad, thank goodness. Hallie is gorgeous, isn't she? I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    @Skye: LOL, she did look just like Skye, didn't she? Yeah, they were a little challenging, but that was it.

    @BeachBum: She's already available, I'll update the list.

    ReplyDelete