Friday, September 16, 2011

Hadley?

***ZOEY "AUNT Z" POPE'S POV***


"Look girls, I'll level with you.  I'm not really a kid person...and I'm prone to migraines...so...if we could keep the screaming to a minimum...that would be awesome..."
I am met with more screams...well, can't say I didn't try.


I must really love Hadley.  There's no one else in the world, except for maybe my own children, that I would do this for.  Eh, it's not really that bad.  In fact, caring for Cici and Debbie has kind of been like those times I took care of Hadley while she Evie were both little.  These girls got nothing on those two.  Whenever they were together, there was trouble.  I love that girl like she's my own daughter...it's been three days...and there has been no word, no leads.  The search parties continue though...there has to be something.


Just as I get the twins playing, I get a call from T.  
T: It's bad, Vi.
(My husband calls me Vi...short for Violet...which is short for shrinking violet because when we met at first I was really shy around him...and I really like purple)
Zoey: What is it?
T: Someone found Hadley's car.  You know, the old one that Andrew had.
Zoey: Oh no...was...um...
My throat is slowly closing up and I can't seem to be able to speak.
T: The car is totaled.  It looks like it was driven off a cliff near the edge of town and then a large tree fell on top of it.  That's why we hadn't found it until now.
Zoey: Was she...?
T: We haven't found her.  We can't get to the car until the tree is gone, so we don't know what's inside there...but we've got dogs sniffing out the area in case she was thrown from the vehicle.
Zoey: In which case...
T: We can't jump to any conclusion just yet.
Zoey: Oh, God...
Am I having a heart attack?  I can't breathe...
T: Hold on, calm down...take a few deep breaths.
Thank goodness my husband's voice is like auditory morphine for me.
Z: Oh God, have you talked to Amy and Andrew?
T: I just got off the phone with Amy.  She's freakin'...
Z: I need to call her...love you, bye.
Don't worry, he's used to that.


Zoey: Amy?
When I call, it's hard to tell which Amy I'm going to get.  Either she'll be "Put Together" Amy who is strong for everyone but herself, or she'll be "Completely Lost It" Amy who has finally let her guard down enough to lose it.
Amy: She's not there.
Zoey: Right.
Amy: She got out...and she's...somewhere...
Zoey: Yeah, definitely. She's fine.
Amy: Exactly.  She'll be home in no time.
Zoey: Before you know it.
Amy: She has to.
Zoey: She will.
Then she gets a beep.  She conferences the call because it's T.  He has news.  Oh boy.

T: Are you both there?
Amy & Zoey: Yeah.
T: We got into the car...Hadley's wasn't in it.



Zoey: Thank the Lord!
Amy: Thank God!
T: There was someone else in the car though...and they were wearing Hadley's clothes and had a dark wig on.  Someone set this up to look like it was her.
Zoey: Who would do that?
T: The more important question is, if she's not here, where is she?

***JOHN ELLIS'S POV***



I can't believe the nerve of Evie Cowan...



I wonder if I have to worry about her...



This could be bad.

***TWO DAYS AGO***





I wake up on the floor...in a dark room that smells like mildew.  I almost throw up, it's so nasty in here.



There's a couple couches and a TV...where the hell am I?



Where is this place?
Where are my children?
I just had newborn babies...where are they?



I walk around the little space more and find a room with a twin size bed, a lamp, and a mirror.  The last thing I remember, the hospital called me and told me to get there immediately because my mother had been in a car accident...then...everything's a blur.



Looking in the mirror, I am shocked.



What the hell happened to my hair?  And my clothes?  What is going on?
Suddenly, I feel woozy again.



I lay down on the bed and everything goes dark.

6 comments:

  1. HADLEY!!! There she is! At least she's alive...for now?

    And John... *shrewd eyes* You... It has to be him..

    You are making us curiouser and curiouser, madam!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I agree with Destiny, right now, John seems to be the main suspect. It's great to know that Hadley's alive and, from the outside, she looks... well.

    On a side note, I like the red hair!!

    Can't wait for the next post, I want Hadley to return and I want to know what happened!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John what is he up to, where is Hadley will she ever get home???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew he had something to do with this. He's too big of a creep and still only cares about himself. At least she is alive but I can't wait until she gets out of there and hopefully kicks his butt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tht creep!! hope hadley gets home safely and john minds his own business lol. if i were hadley's family, i would kick john's butt!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Destiny: That's my evil plot! LOL I'm glad you're into it though!

    @Cat: I wanted her hair to look kinda ratty...LOL

    @spiderg1rl: To be determined!

    @jazen: Hehe, Hadley is the type to kick butt...LOL

    @Jessi: Yeah, it's about time he gets a good ole' Eastern KY beatin! LOL

    ReplyDelete