Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Gen. 2: Breathing Room Before Babies


Another odd little side effect of being a vampire?  Animals won't leave me alone.  This cat has recently taken up residence on my property and constantly meows at me.  I don't know if she thinks I'm a friend or a foe, but it's annoying either way.

The basement has become sort of a hobby room, and I let Qai put his chemistry set down here, mostly because his sisters were complaining about the smell.

See what a selfless mother I am?

Either way, he has been working hard at these potions, and apparently he made one to help out Harper and Camila.


Remember Camila talking to herself all the time?  Well, apparently she had an imaginary friend, that is now real!  Her name is Jelly Bean, but as that it is an odd name for a person, she goes by JB.


Harper's imaginary friend is named Cosmo.  That's another odd name, but she doesn't seem to mind.


Of course, now I have six teenagers in the house...SIX?  What the hell?  Five of them are even girls.  Oh man, this is not going to go well.


While the house is crazy, I try to keep order, especially when it comes to my homework rule.  Some have more trouble with this one than others.

LACHLAN: Whatcha' doin, Sis?
TRINITY: Algebra homework...it sucks.

He peaks over on to her paper.

LACHLAN: Oh, that's easy.  All you have to do is get the X on a side by itself.
TRINITY: If it's so easy, you do it, smarty pants.

Of course, he does and Trinity is dumbfounded.

TRINITY: Hmph.  Vampires are such show offs.

I'm not sure if this is going to be a good thing or a bad thing, but soon it's time to age up the babies.


Tillie is an adorable little brunette with bright green eyes.


Mariella looks a lot like Tillie, but she has blue eyes.


All of the kids look a little like Blay, but Constantine is a complete copy of his father, right down to the red hair and green eyes.


The plus side having all these teenagers is I have plenty of help.  Hell, sometimes they even want to spend time entertaining their siblings.


Most of the time it's a mad house though...having six teenagers, one child, and three toddlers along with a cat, a dog, and a stray cat that won't leave...yeah, wonder why it's always crazy?  Ha!


Somewhere in the midst of all the crazy and despite his odd behaviors, Cosmo develops a crush on Qai.

COSMO: What's the matter?
QAI: I think I have baby food in my ear.
COSMO: Haha, I think we all do.
QAI: No, I think I really do, will you check for me?
COSMO: Sure...


COSMO: I don't see anything...
QAI: Hmm, that's weird...I could swear there is something in there.
COSMO: Nope, nothing.  We can go to the ER if you're worried though.

BONNIE: No he can't.  He needs to stop being a hypochondriac.
QAI: Ya' know, I'm not a hypochondriac if there really is something wrong with me.
BONNIE: I know there's something wrong with you, I just don't think it's anything a medical doctor can fix.
QAI: Gee, thanks...Mom!
BONNIE: No problem, now get Mariella and Constantine to bed, then get yourselves in bed.

QAI & COSMO: Okay...goodnight...

Ugh, kids.


Remember that cat?  Well, it's been eating the pet food and sleeping in the dog's house outside, so I just decide to adopt her.  I name her Mocha.


It has been next to impossible to work with the toddlers on their skills because I'm always busy taking care of everyone's basic needs.  How did I get this many kids under one roof?  Ugh.

Even when the older kids are at school it's a mad house what with the toddlers and the pets.



Even though the toddlers are pre-vocal, I think they have a weird communication ability, like they can read each other's mind or something.  Tillie and Mariella are best at this.


Finally, the kids come home with good news!

HARPER: Guess what, Mom?
BONNIE: I have no idea...what?
HARPER: Trinity, Camila, Qai, and I have made A's in school now...
BONNIE: Finally!  It's birthday time!
QAI: Don't you want us to wait for JB and Cosmo?
BONNIE: They'll be fine.


So I age all four of them up.
Camila is still a girly girl and she likes the cats so much, she wants to be a Cat Herder...be at least friends with a bunch of them.  Ugh, I just hope she doesn't end up on Youtube professing her love of cats.


Harper is still the edgiest one, even though I think she has calmed a lot.  She wants to be a Chess Legend.  Hmm, that's a new one.


Trinity wants to be a writer and lucky for her, her hair didn't fall out.


Of course, Qai's did...either that or he shaved it all off.  Despite his oddities, he wants to be a Surgeon.


Oddly, I have more time to teach the toddler's their skills with the house not quite so crowded.


The next day, JB is ready to age up, but Cosmo is still struggling in school.

COSMO: I just don't get it...


I normally don't make a habit of helping my kids a whole lot with their homework, but since she is really struggling, I give it a go.


JB ages up that night and the first thing she does as an adult is pierce her lip...ewwww.


It's also time for Lachlan to turn into a teen.  His eyes change color like his father's.  One is blue and one is green.


Mr. Snuggles has taken to sleeping on my nightstand...with his eyes open....how creepy is that?


Over the weekend, I recruit Cosmo and Lachlan to help me finish teaching skills to the toddlers, so we get it knocked out quickly.


So that night we are able to finally age the toddlers up!


Tillie is an adorable little girl in pig tails.  She likes to wear mostly green.


Mariella is a little more boyish and likes to wear her hair short.


Constantine likes to wear his hair longer like his father's.  He has already bonded with him.  I suppose that's good, especially considering they are going to be going with the vampires to their world when this is all said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment