Monday, June 11, 2012

Gen. 2. Babies 31, 32, & 33: I Think Saying "Whatever" Is the Word Equivalent of the Finger


My children are odd...let me just say...Qai reminds me of Houston because he talks to himself all the time...


Harper and Camila have issues with each other, of course I'm not sure if it's not just normal dramatic teenage girl stuff...I'm pretty sure that's it.


Mostly because when it comes down to it, I think they would stick up for each other.
They sit next to each other on the bus...mostly because neither of them want to sit with Qai.


Qai quietly stares at his sisters.
CAMILA: Is it just me, or is Qai a little creeper?
HARPER: Yeah, what is he doing over there?
CAMILA: Whispering to himself and staring at us.
HARPER: Oh, well...yeah, that's normal.


Whether he is a normal kid or not, he is aging into a teenager.


Qai finally grows his hair out and still looks a whole lot like Caleb, his father.


Lachlan was an adorable baby.  With three older sisters, he always gets attention and pretty much anything he wants.

Since Lachlan is almost ready to become a toddler, I figure this is the best time to contact the next vampire baby daddy.


The next vampire warrior I run into is Blay.


I try to get down to business, but he's all inquisitive about Lachlan.
BLAY: What did you say he looked like?
BONNIE: He's just an infant right now, he doesn't look like anyone.
BLAY: But can you tell if he looks like Qhuinn?
BONNIE: I'm serious, Blay.  Newborns all look the same - bald, squishy, and full of poop...and constantly cry and want to eat...or want someone to pay attention to them.
BLAY: Oh...well...can you tell what color his eyes are?


BONNIE: I think blue, but like I said...
BLAY: I know...they don't look like anything.
BONNIE: Right...so, what do you say about working on some more little blobs?
BLAY: Huh...if that isn't a turn-on, I don't know what is.


Even though I am anything but smooth, we get going...it's off to a slow start, but at least it's off...all the way to the lullaby.


After meeting with Blay, I decide to hit the club, do some dancing.  I haven't been out since I became a vampire.  

Given that I haven't taken my new vampire self out, I don't expect to get around people and feel so...hungry.


Which this guy learns the hard way, unfortunately.
BONNIE: You're a berry, does that mean your blood tastes like blueberry?  Let's find out...

Turns out, no...it all tastes like blood...well, that's a let down.


At home, Camila is watching Qai.

CAMILA: What the hell are you doing?
QAI: I feel like I'm being strangled...ugh...I can't...breathe.
CAMILA: Qai, you're strangling yourself...
QAI: I'm being controlled by outside forces!
CAMILA: Yeah...whatever...


While all this is transpiring, I get a good case of mo(u)rning sickness...yeah, that non-blueberry tasting blood came right back up...ugh...it almost makes me want to puke again.


Lachlan is such a cute little boy...and he's pretty good...of course, as soon as I say that, he starts crying and doesn't want to stop.


BONNIE: Come on, baby boy.  It's okay, Mommy's here.
CAMILA: What is his problem?
BONNIE: You're asking me?
CAMILA: Well, I was thinking...ya' know, you being the mom and all...


BONNIE: I have news for you sweetie, most of this mom stuff is nothing but trial and error.
CAMILA: You have like, 30 kids, Mom...isn't it a little more than that by now?
BONNIE: You would think that, wouldn't you?

Just then, a scream interrupts our conversation.

BONNIE: What the hell is going on?


TRINITY: Who put this crap in the shower!?

That seems to be the million dollar question because all my other kids are laughing so hard, it's impossible to tell who actually put dye in the shampoo bottle.

Trinity is very image conscious and a bit conceited, so I'm sure any one of them could have set up the trap.

BONNIE: Just get back in the shower, hon.  It washes right out.
TRINITY: Did you know the more you wash your hair, the more likely it is to fall out?  OMG, Mom!  What if my hair falls out?
BONNIE: It's not going to fall out, for crap's sake.  Get a grip!
CAMILA: Qai will lend you his...I think he's done strangling himself.
BONNIE: Not helping, Millie.
She shrugs and everyone else parts ways.

After calming Lachlan down, I head outside.  I'm working on building a basement to put all the stuff I normally have outside in.


It's got a couch, a treadmill, and my sculpting station right now, but I think I'm going to build a bathroom down here...and maybe a fridge...who knows.

The next morning, the kids head off to school and I go ahead and age Lachlan up.


He is adorable with that blonde hair that is apparently dominant in my family.  My hair is brown right now and Qhuinn has dark hair as well.  In what world does that make a blonde baby?  But whatever...


He seems whip smart already.  He spends a lot of his time staring at me.

BONNIE: Okay, creepy, let's work on some skills.


He picks up walking so fast, I am amazed.  These vampire children are something else.

When I put Lachlan down for a nap, I get a call from Wrath.

WRATH: How's the new baby?  I hear it was a boy.
BONNIE: Yeah, he's great.  Really smart.  I just taught him how to walk.
WRATH: And you are pregnant with Blay's child now, right?
BONNIE: That's it.
WRATH: Would you like to come by tonight?  Just so that I can see your progress.
BONNIE: Sure...but I have to tell you, it's pretty much the normal stuff.  Pregnant, puking, belly growing.

Either way, as soon as it gets dark, I head over to Wrath's with Lachlan.


He seems thrilled with Lachlan and the new pregnancy.

WRATH: You know, it feels like more than one in here.
BONNIE: How can you tell?
WRATH: I think I just felt three legs...unless you have a son and he's really special...
BONNIE: Ha!  Unless there's something you're not telling me about vampire babies, I think you're right.


I would have stayed longer, but someone gets grouchy...and for once, it's not me.


The final day of my pregnancy comes on a weekend, so all the kids are home.

I notice that while Camila gives Qai a hard time, he and Harper get along well.


Once all the chores are done and the house is quiet, I decide it would be a good time to have Lachlan's birthday.  He has whizzed right through all his skills and is ready to go.

BONNIE: Hey, Qai, want to get up and come over here to wish your brother a happy birthday?
QAI: Yeah, sure...whatever...

Heaven help me, I wish that word was never invented.


Either way, Lachlan is all set as soon as his siblings get inside.


He ages into a cute little boy in a cowboy outfit.  He likes to wear his hair short and a little spiky, and he always has a thoughtful expression on his face.


Of course, much like all of my children, the new baby decides to make an appearance in the middle of the birthday celebration.


All the kids freak out...

TRINITY: Qai, you're the man, do something!
QAI: I don't know what to do...someone else do something.
CAMILA: The baby is going to fall out!
HARPER: Ewww, there's water on the floor.
BONNIE: Would you all shut up and get out of my way?


I make my way into my bedroom and away from my crazy teenagers, thank all that is holy.


This labor takes forever, but when it's all said and done...


I have Baby 31: Tillie Reed


Baby 32: Mariella Reed


and another little boy,
Baby 33: Constantine Reed

A set of mixed-gender triplets!

2 comments:

  1. Hello I've been reading your blog for a while now. It's awesome!!!!!! How did you get multi-gender triplets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for reading! I use the Master Controller which I think monkeys around with the probabilities because I never got them before.

      Delete