Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Gen. 2: Babies 34 & 35: From Noah's Ark to My House


Fun little fact: Mocha is a little hunter.  She is always bringing me turtles, snakes, a gecko, a squirrel, and my children always run to me begging to save the poor little creatures and keep them.  Of course, I always have one stipulation - that whatever they bring into the house they take care of - feed it, clean out their cages, all that.


Yeahhhh....
BONNIE: *grumble* We'll take care of it, Mom, please please please...yeah, right.


BONNIE: Seriously?  You're telling me Mocha caught a Blue & Gold Macaw?
MARIELLA: Um...yeah...
BONNIE: Mari...
MARIELLA: Okay, Tillie and I got Lachlan to get it for us.  We named him Wildcat.
BONNIE: I'm not even going to go into how wrong it is to give a bird a cat name.
MARIELLA: But he's so cool...and he can learn to talk...
I sigh.
BONNIE: Are you going to feed it?
MARIELLA: Of course, Mommy.
BONNIE: I'm going to hold you to that.  We've got too much of a zoo...and if you don't feed them, they will die.
MARIELLA: Oh-kayyy Mom.
BONNIE: I think I'm getting a migraine.

LACHLAN: Mo-om!  Some vampire guy is on the phone!


It turned out to be Rhevenge, the next vampire baby daddy.


RHEVENGE: Look, I was thinking about it...you don't want to have a baby with me.
BONNIE: Why not?
RHEVENGE: I'm not...good...
BONNIE: That's funny, you look good to me.
RHEVENGE: I have serious issues, Bonnie...more than you want to deal with, and who knows what kind of traits I will pass on to my young.
BONNIE: Look, I have raised an astronomically high number of children, I think I can handle whatever they dish out.
RHEVENGE: I'm not so sure about that...
BONNIE: Isn't your king commanding you to do this?
RHEVENGE: He's not my king.
BONNIE: You are a vampire, right?
RHEVENGE: Yes, but...can I let you in on a little secret?
BONNIE: Sure.
RHEVENGE: I am part sympath.
BONNIE: Which is...?
RHEVENGE: A deadly creature...we call them sin-eaters in my world.  I have the ability to read emotions, and bend them to my will.
BONNIE: Oooh, cool!
RHEVENGE: No, not cool.  You have no idea how dangerous it is.
BONNIE: Look, I can deal with it, trust me.
RHEVENGE: Well, I just want you to know what you're getting into...
BONNIE: Does that mean you're going to do it?


As an answer, Rhevenge takes me in his arms.

RHEVENGE: So it appears.

Everything goes very well, if I do say so myself...and I hear a lullaby.

When I get home, Cosmo runs up to me with great news.
COSMO: I did it!  I did it!  I finally made an A!
BONNIE: Awesome!  Birthday time?
COSMO: Definitely!  Qai is waiting for me, he found a house...I hope that's not...weird?
BONNIE: Of course not...it happens, and I'm glad he found someone like you to be with.  He's very lucky.
COSMO: Thanks, Bonnie, but I'm the lucky one.


We have the party inside...


And Cosmo grows into a beauty with Magenta hair and bright blue eyes.


Even though I just have one teenager in the house, Lachlan is a very good one.  He is so attentive to his younger siblings.  He indulges them all, even reading Tillie a bedtime story.  Of course, I would rather he read it to her in her bed, but whatever.


Thank goodness, the final day of my pregnancy comes before I know it.


And it starts out with me having to feed these friggin' animals.  And I told them I wouldn't but I guess I have a soft spot for these little creatures...even though Every time I come out here, I see another terrarium. 


After I feed our zoo and get the kids off to school, I get a call from the police department.  Apparently they want me to fix them up a plate of hamburgers for lunch.  I find it hard to believe that I make the best hamburgers in town, but who am I to complain about getting some money.


I spend the rest of the day sculpting, but then Lachlan runs home and he's freaking out.

BONNIE: What's the matter?
LACHLAN: Prom is happening tonight...and...and...
BONNIE: Whoa, take a breather...what's wrong with that?  You're going to have fun.
LACHLAN: I don't know about that...all the girls are really...pretty...and I...
BONNIE: Lachlan, you're a handsome young man with a lot going for you.  I'm sure they're falling over each other trying to get to you.
LACHLAN: Thanks Mom, but you have to say those things.
BONNIE: Not really, but fine, don't believe me.  You should still go though.
LACHLAN: *sigh* if you insist.
BONNIE: I do.

So he heads off, and must be having a good time because he sends me a text that he won Prom King!


Just as I'm sitting down to a nice cup of Plasma juice (can you say, eww?), I feel those old familiar labor pains.  Here we go!


I make it into my bedroom so I don't scare the kids, but Tillie doesn't realize what's going on and walks into my bedroom.

TILLIE: Mom!  What's going on!
BONNIE: See, this is what happens when you don't knock.


TILLIE: What do I do, Mom?
BONNIE: Just get out of here...I got this.

And I do.


Welcome Baby 34: Gemma Reed...


...and her sister, Baby 35: Cleo Reed.

No comments:

Post a Comment