Monday, December 10, 2012

Gen. 2: Sometimes a Little Overreaction is a Good Thing


With all the threatening calls from Nico, I am afraid for myself and for Polly.  I keep having nightmares about him doing something terrible...not only to me but to my children.  I don't know what to do.


Of course Polly can tell I'm afraid.  Having just learned to talk, she tries to reassure me.
POLLY: Don't be scared Mommy.  
BONNIE: I'm not sweetie...but I think we should go for a walk...what do you say?
POLLY: Yay!  Walk!

Usually for her that means she's being either carried or pushed around in a stroller, but what's the difference?


My first instinct tells me to go to Brendan.  Maybe he can help me figure out what to do.


BRENDAN: I'm excited that you thought of me, but honestly babe, I think being here is probably the worst place you could be.  They know we're dating.  If they're looking for you, this is the obvious place.
BONNIE: What do you suggest I do then?

That last line was a bit shrill, but I can't help it.  I am feeling more and more desperate and afraid.  I don't even want to take Polly out of my sight, not to mention my other children.


BRENDAN: The best thing you can do is just go home, make sure all your kids are safe...and just be careful.

Yeah, thanks, that sounds like great advice.  Not.


Regardless, I don't see that I have any other options, so I just head home.


Normal for us is more birthdays, so Serge & Julianna age up.


Serge looks a lot like me and is very popular with the girls.


Julianna is pretty and popular.  Just another example of the good Reed & Everard genes!


In the spirit of continuing on with life and acting like everything is normal, I decide it's time to find another baby daddy.  Of course, I wouldn't dream of leaving Polly with a sitter, so she's coming with me.
BONNIE: What do you say about getting you some little brothers or sisters, Polly?
POLLY: I'm Mommy's baby...
BONNIE: I know you are sweetie...

Okay, maybe this isn't her idea of a good time, but I don't have any other option.


I decide to be neighborly and go across the street to visit.  Maybe there will be a cute bachelor living there...


...but instead, the only person I meet is a woman that is obviously having a bad hair and makeup day...*gulp*


Yeah, I don't really want to bother her.  Let's get out of here.


As I head home, I get a phone call.
BONNIE: Hello?
VOICE: Hi...is this Bonnie Reed?  Daughter of Hadley Reed?
BONNIE: Um...yes...
VOICE: Oh, hi!  My name is Christy Quinn...you might not know me...
BONNIE: Christy Quinn?  Really!?  Of course I know you!  *inner girly sqeal!*
CHRISTY: *nervous laughter* Oh...well...um...
BONNIE: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable...but you're, like...baby challenge royalty.
CHRISTY: Um, thanks?
BONNIE: Okay, I'm sorry, I'll stop geeking out...what can I do for you?
CHRISTY: I was actually thinking I could do something for you.  I have a friend of mine visiting Lucky Palms and he's very interested in being a part of some baby challenges...and I was wondering if you wouldn't like to use him?
BONNIE: Really?  Sure!  I actually need a new baby daddy...
CHRISTY: Great, well let me tell you about him...

Her friend's name is Judd Barnette and she tells me he's a hottie.  I make plans to meet him later today.  I also call the local hospital to see if they can do another insemination for me.  So that's taken care of.


It's almost time for the kids to get home from school, so I take Polly to the park next to the school for a bit.


Even with all the playground equipment, she is mostly fascinated by her hand.  Hmph.  Oh well, either way I start swinging while she practices counting.  She is so smart.


When school gets out, Serge sees us.
SERGE: Hey Polly!
POLLY: Serge!  Serge!  Watch!  I can count to five!  1...2...3...5!
SERGE: Way to go!  What happened to 4?
POLLY: It got lost...


Serge and Polly are having so much fun, I almost hate to break it up, but I have to go meet Judd...
BONNIE: Are you ready to go Polly?

She hugs tighter to her brother.
POLLY: No!  I wanna stay with brudder!


SERGE: Yeah, I can take care of her Mom.
BONNIE: No, I want her to go with me.
SERGE: Mom, that's crazy.  What's she going to do when you're in your appointment?  She'll be bored.
BONNIE: I'm sorry, that's just the way things have to be.
SERGE: Come on, I won't let anything happen to her.
BONNIE: I know....but...
POLLY: Please Mommy, please!


Looking at my children, I start thinking maybe everything will be okay.


BONNIE: Okay, but keep an eye out.  If anyone else, I mean ANYONE else comes into the park, I want you to take her home.
SERGE: Okay Mom...geez.
BONNIE: And I only want you all to spend an hour here tops.
SERGE: Okay...
BONNIE: I expect you to be home when I get there...clear?
SERGE: Clear as mud...
BONNIE: Don't be a smart ass.
SERGE: Okay...get out of here!  We'll be fine.
BONNIE: Okay...

Ugh.  Kids.


I quickly head to the theater where I planned to meet Judd.


Christy was right.  He is really cute.

I try not to be rude, but I want to speed this up, so we head right to the hospital.  Thank goodness he already knows the ins and outs of the baby challenge thing.


When I get home, I see Rione, but no Serge...and no Polly.


BONNIE: Ri...where's your brother and sister?
RIONE: You're gonna have to narrow that...which ones?
BONNIE: Serge and Polly...
RIONE: Oh...haven't seen Serge since we got out of school...why?

I lump forms in my throat as I run out the door.


I get back to the park and it's empty.


They're not here...


Panic starts to set in quickly.

Oh Lord, what have I done?

4 comments:

  1. Great post dear!

    What have you done?

    Nothing more to say :P

    ~Ebony/Electra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Nothing that isn't going to be fixed quickly...I have too many posts to get through...lol

      Delete