Friday, August 24, 2012

Generation 2: Baby 43: Statistical Possibiliites


While it is rewarding being a mother, sometimes it's good to get out.  That's why when my sister Caroline calls and invites me to a little party she's having, I jump at the chance.

I make sure Taber & Zivah are pacified...


...and fix dinner for the older kids...


When I get there, I immediately see some familiar blue hair...that looks like Calista Smith's hair color...but the hair is on a man...


...of course, before I can introduce myself, a tall, skinny, awkward looking man with long hair comes up to me.
"Hello, I'm Dr. Spencer Reid...and I would recognize you anywhere...you are the challenge mother, Bonnie Reed, right?" he quickly introduces himself.  Spencer Reid?  Where have I heard that name before?
"That's me.  Nice to meet you, Spencer...um...have we met?"
"Oh no, I would have remembered meeting you, I work for the FBI in the Behavioral Analysis Unit.  You are acquainted with my colleague, Derek Morgan.  He was a father in your challenge.  He told me all about you." Spencer is rambling a bit now.
"Um...okay...well hey, if you want to be a father in the challenge too, I always need fathers." I say.


He looks damn near giddy.
"That would be an honor, Ms. Reed!  It would be a fascinating experience for me."
I raise my eyebrows, "Sure, yeah, well...give me your number and we'll talk about it."
At that point, he notices me looking at the blue-haired dude, "It would be interesting to see what offspring you would have with that gentleman.  Statistically speaking, genetic anomalies like blue hair are rare, but if the person in question has many relatives with blue hair, it is more likely."
"Right, that's what I'm wanting to find out." I tell him and smile.
Even though he's an oddball, he seems sweet enough.


I don't get to meet blue-haired guy, but I meet Aqua Coral (made by Amanda514) and he expresses interest in being in my challenge.

After the somewhat eventful party, I head home.

The next morning Taber & Zivah are ready to be aged up!


Taber is adorable with his father's skin and my hair.


Zivah looks just like him and has inherited her father's skin color and my hair color as well.


So I'm back to training duty...

When the kids get home from school I hear, "Mom!  I'm hungry" from Jolie.
"So grab something out of the fridge," I tell her.
"I don't want anything from the fridge.  Can you cook something for me?" She asks.
I roll my eyes, "If you don't want what's in the fridge than you can't be that hungry."


Of course she claims she is, and tries to fix macaroni and cheese.


...which she burns...who didn't see that coming?


"This stuff smells like burnt rubber," Addie complains.
"Shut up you little twerp, at least I tried," Jolie replies.
"Girls," I warn.  Of course, when I get a bowl myself, I have to agree with Addie.


Well, since I didn't find a baby daddy last night, I have to go out again...and by "have to" I mean, "I'm getting the hell out of this madhouse for a little bit, come hell or high water."


I'm sure the kids will be fine, right?


As luck would have it, I run into blue-haired guy again.


"Hey," I call him over, "by any chance are you one of Calista Smith's children?  From the baby challenge?"
He laughs.  I guess he gets that a lot, but he answers, "Yeah, that's my mom.  You look familiar too..."
"I'm a challenge kid too...my mom's Hadley Reed..." I explain.


"Oh, okay, yeah, I sorta see it now," he replies, "how's it going?"
"Okay, actually...I was wondering...I'm actually doing the baby challenge too...and I thought maybe you could take part in it..."



"Oh, yeah, sure!" He agrees.  Well, that was simple.
I have found that challenge kids are easier to proposition than others.


Of course, my morning sickness kicks in right off the bat...


...but as per usual, I have no time to dwell on it because crap keeps breaking around here and who can fix it?  That would be this chick.


Of course, next I have Taber and Zivah to tend to.


I'm lucky though, the older kids take the younger ones to the pool for the day.


Most everyone swims but Jaiden...who is apparently more interested in pretending he's a chicken...


...and Addie, who would rather play with her doll.


And when they get home, it's birthday time!


Jonah's up first and while he cuts his hair, he still looks like a badass.  He wants to be a Monster Maker.


Next is Jolie.  She wants to be a Movie Composer.


Jaiden wants to achieve Physical Perfection in his lifetime.  I think he's well on his way, but of course I could be biased.

Next are Karli & Addie:



Karli is beautiful with her shining orange skin and she still closely resembles her father.


Addie honestly just looks like Karli, but not orange.


The next morning, Karli hops out of bed in a hurry.
"We're starting high school today, Addie!  Aren't you excited?" She exclaims.
"Yeah, sure...excited for more homework and mom breathing down our necks?" Addie complains.
"...and getting boyfriends!" Karli continues.
Addie rolls her eyes as she gets out of bed.


To lessen their "dork" factor, they catch a cab to school instead of taking the bus.


Sure enough, after school, Karli goes over to a boy's house...I don't know about him though...I'm not sure I like the look of him.


Addie comes home from school and works in the garden.  She is much more reserved than Karli.  


Of course, my day is rediculously busy.  I have to work on teach the toddlers their skills...


...until they both pass out...thank goodness!


Then I have to clean out cages and feed the animals.


"Get us animals they said, we'll take care of them they said...yeah, right," I mutter to myself.


Then when Zivah wakes up, she is in a mood...already...check out this mean mug!


That night, I have another party, and Matt happens to be there, so I can tell him how the baby is doing.


Well, I would, but then I get sidetracked by some dude wanting my autograph.  I didn't understand it when my mom was doing this, and I still don't understand why people become celebrities just for popping out a bunch of kids.


Of course, the baby takes that moment to make their grand appearance.
Thankfully, Matt sees me and takes me to the hospital.  I'm too far away from the house to go home.


After a few hours of labor, I give birth to a healthy little boy.


Meet Baby 43: Eljavon Reed!

NOTE: A big thank you to Catlover800 for letting me use Matt Smith as a baby daddy.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Just found your blogs again! I took a looong break from writing anything and lost track of you after you finished your first baby challenge. Can't wait to get caught up again with your new challenge! I've updated my story if your interested. I'm gonna add your's to my blogroll! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm glad you're back! I went to continue reading your story and couldn't find you! Thanks for keeping up with this blog...it's been hard to make time for it, but it's fun. Thanks! I think I have a link to your blog on mine, but I will definitely put it up there if it's not already there. Glad to hear from you again!

      Delete
  2. Aw, thanks for using Matthew in your challenge!!

    I really need to catch up with your stories. For some reason they don't show up on my blogroll reading list thingy and when that happens, I forget to read them. I'm going to find time this week to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I noticed someone else using him as a more fixed part of the storyline, but I downloaded him way back when I first started this baby challenge and just got to using him...! Eep!...I don't want to step on any toes, but he's obviously awesome. Tell ya' what, I'll start tagging you on FB...I've been meaning to do that to people. I feel like no one is reading my blogs anymore...Thanks again!

      Delete