Saturday, August 4, 2012

Gen. 2: Babies 36, 37, & 38: Silence is Golden


I get Gemma & Cleo settled in their cribs when Lachlan comes home jumping up and down about wanting to grow up.

"I hate school!" He exclaims.
"Everyone does," I retort.  I just gave birth, I really don't have time for teen melodrama.
"Come on Mom!" he continues.
I sigh and reply, "Fine."


So my two-toned eyed boy ages up into an adult.  He's pretty handsome though, right?

He's got quite a musical ear on him and wants to learn every instrument he can.

The next evening, it's time for the triplets.


Tillie grows up with a love of the arts.  She's artistic and into music.  Something about her reminds me of my mom.


Mariella is an oddball.  She's quiet and eccentric, but she and Tillie get along pretty well.


Constantine is Mr. Heartthrob.  I think he had girls numbers on speed dial for the day he became a teenager.  What are you going to do with a teenager like that?

Oh well...what are you gonna do?  That's kind of been my new motto...

When I'm about ready to head over to the vamp house, I get a text.

Hey, this is John.
I'm the last vampire father.
Meet me near the downtown subway?

Hmm, John?  I'm used to hearing crazy names like Wrath, Tohrment, Qhuinn, Blaylock, Rhage...but John?  Damn, ok.

I text him back and agree before heading out.  


I see a tall glass of vamp water in a button down and khakis waiting by the subway and know this must be him.


I introduce myself, "Hi!  I'm Bonnie.  You must be John."
He nods and smiles but doesn't say anything.
"Uh, yeah, so do you like visiting Legacy Island?" LAME alert, but oh well.  I gotta get this guy talking somehow.

He pulls out a pad of paper and starts writing.  Okay, jerko, I'm standing right in front of you.  Way to be a douche.

But he holds the pad up and has written:
Yes, I am John, but I cannot speak.  Pleasure to meet you.

Oh, well shoot...now who looks like a tool?  That'd be this chick.


"Uh, so, are you cool with doing the baby-making thing?"
Wrath told me to, I'm okay with it.
"Oh, ok.  So, where should we go?  My place or yours?"
Definitely not mine.  
Yeah, house full of vampire dudes, probably not so much privacy.


So, we decide when in Rome...or when in the subway, grab some Purrell and go to town.

He is very gentle soul.  Even though he couldn't talk to me, he seems very passionate and driven.


When I get home after hearing the little lullaby, I see a new terrarium with another pet...a lizard no less...ick.


The next day, as the kids wait for the school bus, they are using these e-reader/tablet things.  They love them...I can't understand it though.  I hate all these gadgets.


While the kids are in school, I am stuck with Mommy duties...getting the babies taken care of and getting the house clean.


It's times like this that I wonder why I don't just hire a maid.  I can afford it now...of course, I always have kids in this house that can help...
Nah, let them handle it and keep the money.  Sounds like a plan.


Of course, doing housework is so much more fun with morning sickness, which kicks in quickly.  Ugh.  Hate this part.

I take my morning sickness as a sign to age the twins up.


Gemma looks more like me but has her father's violet eyes.


Cleo resembles his father much more and there is something odd about her.  I don't know what it is, but she's very knowing for a toddler.  It's creepy.


Once I age the girls up and leave them to play, I start working on a book.  Even though I hate computers, I found a way to write....just write it out in a notebook!  So far that plan is working out well.


When the kids get home from school, they go right to playing on those dang tablets while I work with the twins, teaching them to walk and talk and all that.

Come bedtime though, I get them in bed and holler that it's homework time.
"Any kids in this house not done with their homework, it would be a good time to get down here and do it.


Tillie comes downstairs all excited as I sit down and work on my book.
"Mom, you will never believe this!  The teacher is posting homework assignments online now so we can do our homework with our tablets, like ten times faster!"
I grumble, "Don't know why you need those stupid things anyway..." I start but then realize I'm being a pill, "I mean, that's great sweetie."
She glares at me, "Yeah, sure Mom."

Oh well, what are you gonna do?


The next day I start showing and I am freakin' huge!  
I pick Cleo up to teach her to talk and realize she is already talking.
"Mornin' Mommy," she greets me.
I try not to look startled as a reply, "Morning honey-bear.  How are you?"
She thinks hard before answering, "I'm ok...but why are you scared Mommy?"
Uhhh..."I'm not..."
"It's okay Mommy.  I'm not bad."

Whoa this is creepy...but I try to act casual.


Other than an incident or two like that, Cleo is a normal kid.  She gets scared at the Claw and is giggly and fun most of the time.

Maybe this is what Rhevenge was talking about when he said it wasn't a good idea to breed with him...
but I can't bring myself to regret bringing this little girl into the world.


Gemma on the other hand, is a little crazy...seen here, biting the neck of her creepy doll...


Then saying, "Yum yum, doll yummy!  Mama, taste!"
She isn't near as verbal as Cleo.

Cleo sees her and shakes her head.


"No Gemma, be nice to your doll.  You don't want the spirit to grow into something bad."
She demonstrates by hugging her doll tightly.

Whew, this kid is odd!


Watching all this, I am a little afraid to age them up, but what choice do I have?  I can't keep them babies forever...but unleashing them out on the world...whew...it worries me a bit.


"Mommy!  Look!" Gemma yells at me, "My doll likes me cuz I don't bite him anymore!  A'cuz Cweeoh told me not to."

I smile, "Good job baby girl.  Okay, who wants a birthday?"

Cleo and Gemma both start jumping up and down, "We do!  We do!"


Gemma grows into a spunky little spitfire with wild hair and a sneaky smile whenever she's up to no good.


Cleo is a secretive, quiet, all-knowing little girl.  I seriously have to be careful what I'm thinking or feeling around her.

The rest of the day was uneventful.  The older kids came home and helped with chores and cleaning up and I went outside to play in the sprinkler...


...but when I tried, I went into labor...well dang, this stuff always has a way of interrupting fun.


The labor isn't really that bad, but when I'm done I have...


Baby 36: Jonah Reed...


Baby 37: Jolie Reed


...and Baby 38: Jaiden Reed.

I have two boys and a girl, all with J names in honor of their father.

2 comments:

  1. Hey!

    It's me, Skye. I have no idea why I'm writing this comment, let's call it payback for all yours. I am AMAZED at how many of these posts I have managed to miss, and now I'm reading them all and it's good and fun and you're still HILARIOUS. I also read all the Madley posts, because I missed those. *grumpy face*

    Yeah... all these children are fabulous. I like them. Lots. I think that's all I have to say, I don't even know if you still read comments, but I would assume so, since... you still make them. Whatever. Bye.

    -Skye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Skye! Thanks for commenting, they're always welcome! LOL I'm glad you enjoyed everything I have going on...there are a lot of different blogs I have going...it's exhausting and I've been a lazy bum when it comes to getting it all done, but hopefully I'm going to be bringing it all back now...and of course, I wouldn't miss reading your way awesome posts for the world! Thanks again!

      Cassie

      Delete