Sunday, September 30, 2012

Gen. 2: Babies 46, 47, & 48 Pt. 1: No Man Has Ever Been Shot While Washing Dishes


Have I mentioned how much it sucks to be the only adult in a house full of young children?  Well, it does.
Niyah and Tanison woke me up early this morning and just when I get them fed, changed, and settled, I notice the mess my house is.  Plates left out, clothes, things that need to be scrubbed...sometimes I feel like I spend all my time moving from one fiasco to the next.  


Of course, the kids are of no help.  I honestly can't wait until they hit their teen years.

Even though I have enough children in my house, I finish teaching Eljavon all of his skills, so it's birthday time for him.


His hair is very unruly.  I can't get it to do anything but stick straight up.  He also seems a bit mischievous. 


Since I'm not pregnant, I would really like to go out with Brendan, but there are way too many things to do.  The toilet and the washing machine break and I have to fix them, and I have to make sure the kids aren't getting into anything crazy.

By the end of the day, I'm massively stir crazy.  Tomorrow is Monday, so the kids are going to be in school. It would be a perfect time to meet up with Brendan.


Thankfully, he answers when I call.
BRENDAN: Do I know you?  Oh wait, I think this is that woman I asked out forever ago that never would settle on a time to meet.
BONNIE: Okay smart ass.  I was actually calling to set something up.  Are you free tomorrow?
BRENDAN: Hmm, tomorrow...I think I can manage that...
BONNIE: Okay, well, it has to be during the day while my kids are at school.
BRENDAN: That'll be fine.  Where do you wanna meet?


The next morning after the kids head to school and the baby-sitter shows up for the twins, I run my ass out of there.  

We decide to meet at the park on the beach.  

Before he gets there, I change into my bikini.  Thank goodness I didn't really inherit my mother's weight issues.  Even though I'm in no way skinny, my body stays pretty toned with little effort.

As I walk out of the dressing room, I see Brendan in khaki shorts, with shades and nothing else.  Damn, he's hot!


When he runs up to me, he gives me a warm hug.  Wow.  I guess he's affectionate.

BRENDAN: I was beginning to think you had forgotten about me.
BONNIE: No, I'm sorry.  My kids are driving me crazy lately.  Thank you for meeting me today...I had to get out of that house!
BRENDAN: Are they all at home?
BONNIE: Um...no, the two youngest are.  They're twins...


Brendan just nods.  We talk for a few more minutes before deciding to play on the water slide for a little bit. He really is a lot of fun and I like the way he sees me as more than just a mother.


It's weird, but we have a blast just hanging out and playing together.  I honestly haven't had this much fun in a long time.


And I have to admit I pretty much rock sliding down this bad boy!


Instead of going out to eat, I grill out and we eat hamburgers.

As we're finishing up, I see the school bus pass by, toward my house.

BONNIE: Shit!
BRENDAN: What is it?
BONNIE: I have to go...my kids are almost home...

I get up and start to head away before he stops me.


BRENDAN: Wait a second...

I turn around to face him...
BRENDAN: There's just one thing...
BONNIE: Okay, but really quick...


He reaches out and pulls me toward him, giving me a passionate kiss that leaves me weak in the knees.
Whew, boy!

As he pulls away, he smiles.
BONNIE: I'm certainly glad you remembered that.

He laughs and tells me to call him, which I vow to do.


I get changed and am running toward the house at the same time the kids are.
Thankfully, they don't question where I was as I start making dinner.  I'm not really ashamed of going out on a date, I just don't want to have to answer all kinds of questions about Brendan.  I want to keep all that separate and special just for me for awhile.

Unfortunately, Taber and Zivah are still struggling in their studies and haven't made A's yet.  I debate aging them up anyway, but I don't want them starting their high school careers already behind.  I guess I'm just going to suck it up until hopefully tomorrow.

Either way, my night is going to be full because it's birthday time for Niyah and Tanison.


Niyah looks a lot like me, but with brown eyes...


Tani looks a whole lot like Jason.  They're both cuties, but very demanding of their mother's time.

I can't seem to leave their sight to go do something else without them screaming.


Instead of making a healthy dinner, I just throw together a pie.  I am already exhausted from Niyah and Tani, and I would like nothing more than to go to bed, but the house is a wreck, the girls need to be put to bed, and I'm about to pass out.  I don't know what to do.


As I try to get Niyah ready for bed, she screams and pulls away from me toward her toys.  It takes all the strength I have left to put her in her crib while she's screaming in my ear and then I close the door.

Niyah screaming is keeping Tani from sleeping as well, so she starts crying too.  There's nothing I can do at this point, so as much as it breaks my heart, I just let them cry.


I run outside so I don't have to hear them, and as I do, my phone rings.  It's Brendan.

BONNIE: Hey...
BRENDAN: Hey, what's going on?
BONNIE: Nothing...I'm just...*falls asleep standing up*
BRENDAN: Hello?
BONNIE: *startles awake* Oh, uh, yeah, I'm fine...I'm sorry...
BRENDAN: Is everything okay?
BONNIE: I'm just...completely exhausted...the kids took forever to get to bed tonight, I had to cook them dinner, get the toddlers to bed...now they're in my room screaming, my house is a wreck, and I am going to pass out before I can even scrub one of the toilets or do a load of laundry.

Brendan is quiet for a minute, and just when I think I scared him away, he starts talking again.

BRENDAN: Why don't I come over, you go to bed, and I'll clean the house for you?
BONNIE: I can't ask you to do that...
BRENDAN: It's what I do, remember?  Really...I'm on my way over.

Before I can protest, he gets off the phone with me and is at my gate before I know it.


BONNIE: I feel really bad that you are doing this...
BRENDAN: Don't be...tell you what, consider it a sample of my services.  If you like the job I did, you can hire me to clean your house all the time.
BONNIE: I can't...
BRENDAN: Would it make you feel better if I start acting obnoxious and telling you that you can't possibly live another day without my brilliant expertise in cleaning and sanitation?
BONNIE: *yawn* You could try...
BRENDAN: *gives me a hug* Go on to bed, babe.  I got this.


BONNIE: Thank you...you're amazing, you know that?
BRENDAN: Of course.

I head to my bedroom where thankfully the girls are finally sleeping, and pass out before I can even situate myself comfortably on my pillow.

Ahh, it feels so good to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment