Friday, November 4, 2011

They Should Make an Instruction Manual for Things Like This


As soon as I came out of my trans or whatever it was, I know what I have to do.  I know what my heart wants, and I'm listening to it for the first time.
I get dressed hurriedly and call out to Iana that I'll be back soon as I run out the door.
I need to hurry...it could be too late.
I pull up and get out of the car, taking a deep breath and praying for strength.
"Okay Hadley," I tell myself, "I hope you know what you're doing."


Before I can get to the door, Mason walks outside.
"Hey, Hadley," he greets me, "what's going on?"
My mouth is so dry and my heart is betting so fast, I don't know if I can get the words out, "I need to talk to you, Mason."
He walks down to meet me, "Okay, shoot."
I lose my nerve for a minute, "Can we take a walk?"
He looks at me strangely, but agrees, "Okay...sure."


As we head down the street, suddenly I stop.  I have to get this out.
Mason: What's the matter?
Me: Mason, I have something to tell you.
Mason: Okay...
Me: I...I...
I am really freaking out right now...how am I ever going to get this out...I am so afraid...what if it's too late?


Mason: Hadley, calm down.  It's okay, whatever it is, just...
Me: I love you.
I sputter it out before I can change my mind again.



Mason: W-what?
Me: Please don't make me repeat it...I'm so sorry I'm blind-siding you with this...I know this is probably the worst time...
Mason: Hadley...
Me: ...and I know you're getting married soon...
Mason: Hadley...
Me: ...and I know you probably don't feel the same way...
Mason: Hadley...
Me: ...but I swear I've felt this way for a long time...I just didn't know how to show it...



He grabs my hands.
Mason: Baby, stop.
I have a lump in my throat the size of a grapefruit and my heart is beating so hard, I'm pretty sure they can hear it from space.  I want to look at him and I don't want to look at him.
When I finally look up at him, I feel like I want to cry. He looks at me with the same kind eyes I have known my entire life...and I know it's too late...
Me: It doesn't matter, does it?
He looks down, as if he's thinking...then looks back up at me and smiles.
Mason: I love you too.

Huh?  Did I hear him right?

Mason: ...and I have been waiting to hear those sweet words come out of your mouth since we were back in grammar school.
Me: Really?
Mason: Yes.
Me: ...because I was in kindergarten when you were in grammar school...that's kind of creepy.
Mason sighs and looks away, but starts laughing.
Mason: Leave it to you to make a joke right now.
Me: *feeling guilty* Sorry...I can't help it...I make bad jokes when I'm nervous...go on...



Mason: My point, you crazy woman, is this:  Some people are born just knowing something about themselves.  I have known - for as long as I can remember - that I was born to love you.

Okay, I start crying...wouldn't you cry if someone said that to you?
I look into his eyes and see exactly what I have seen every time I have looked at him before, but this time I am allowing myself to admit what I already know....what I have really always known...that I was born to love him too.



But then I remember something...
Me: Mason, what about your fiance?  Or your *gulp* wife?
Mason: I'm not married, Hadley.  I couldn't go through with it.  I got discouraged for a minute, but I came to my senses...I knew I wasn't ready to give up on us.
I shake my head.
Me: You waited for me?  For this long?  How...?
Mason: I knew you loved me too...I knew I just had to be patient with you and let you figure that out for yourself.
Me: Why is everyone insistent on making me figure out things for myself?
Mason: *raises his eyebrows and gives me a look* You don't learn anything any other way.
Me: *blushing* Okay, I guess I am a little...
Mason: Stubborn as hell...
Me: Hey...
Butt then he wraps his arms around me, pulls me close, and I feel that same warm, protected feeling I have always felt, but now my heart is beating a mile a minute with his body pressed against mine.
I wrap my arms around him as well...



He turns his head and I turn mine, then our lips meet and it's like our bodies are folding in together...made perfectly for each other.



He pulls away from me and looks into my eyes.  I smile back at him.
Me: That was much better than I remember.



Mason: I've been working on it while I waited for you to wise up.
I laugh and we kiss again.
From that point, we get away from the creepo paparazzi that is taking pictures and booing us.  Mason has to go to work and I have some errands to run, but I leave feeling like a different woman.



But then I remember...I am pregnant with another man's baby...

16 comments:

  1. YES!!! YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm probably waaay too happy about this but I don't care because this post made me smile so much. ^.^
    By the way, I like Mr. Paparazzi Guy's hat. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm overjoyed with this post, its great, and she wasn't too late. Way to go Hadley, you have your man, we get a happy ending to the last 11 babies in this challenge. I loved the whole thing it seemed so right for Hadley being nervous and thinking that people in space could hear her heart beating, could you imagine. "Tommy we've got another heartbeat coming in, must be Hadley this time, was Naomi last night... Will these girls ever learn?" lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I have known - for as long as I can remember - that I was born to love you."


    OMG!!!! If she didn't already know he was the guy that line would have sealed the deal!!!

    I'm so happy they are getting together. She's almost done with the challenge and I know he'll be more understanding about what she is doing.

    So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy they got together. If she hadn't dumped Ryan then, and she'd not seen Phury, this would probably still happen. Because they are meant to be together. Also-
    Mason: ...and I have been waiting to hear those sweet words come out of your mouth since we were back in grammar school.
    Me: Really?
    Mason: Yes.
    Me: ...because I was in kindergarten when you were in grammar school...that's kind of creepy.
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! finally! go hadley! yeah! wooooo!
    ^^a little excited
    LOL anyway i loved the post (and i mean i LOVED it) im so happy hadley and mason are together.. its just so awesome! finally! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Amanda: It's awesome that you're so excited! LOL I'm glad you liked it...and that the paparazzi guy didn't take anything away from what was going on...I was like, WTH is this dude doing in here, ruining my shots? LOL>

    @spiderg1rl: Haha! Glad you liked that line! Yeah, I'm pretty excited to finally get to this point too...it was hard to just sit on it and not be able to say anything...I suck at keeping secrets...LOL

    @jazen: Yay! I'm glad you liked that line! I was trying to find the absolute perfect thing for him to say right there...

    @Skye: LOL, I'm glad you liked that part...I debated putting something like that in there right then, but then I was like, this is Hadley, she probably makes jokes when she's nervous...so, yeah...glad it came off ok!

    @Violet: Hehe, it really makes me happy that you're excited and that you loved it! Mission accomplished! YAY! LOL

    To all of you guys, thank you so much for your encouragement! I am so excited that you liked this post...y'all have no idea! I toiled over this one for awhile...so...you guys have seriously made my day! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this ending so much! The part where they were confessing their love for each other was so beautiful! I KNEW he wasn't married!!!!!! I LOVED THIS POST!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone has already said this, but I'm gonna say it too: I'M SO HAPPY, that they're together, FINALLY. :D Haha, Catlover must be psychic, because she always knows things... O.o Totally awesome post! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I was late to the party as always. So, I just did a three-post binge reading to catch up, and I started freaking when Ryan proposed, cussing when he said Hadley would regret breaking up with him (a pox on all men for that), swooning at the reappearance of Phury (hotness personified), and crying when Mason said that one perfect line (omg). I have crazy, stupid hormones. And you are a totally freaking awesomely amazing storyteller.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Cat: Thank you! I agree with Destiny, you must be psychic! LOL

    @Destiny: Yay! Another happy reader! I am pretty happy they're finally together myself. Thanks!

    @August: Thank you so much! Yeah, Ryan's comment was an attempt to keep y'all guessing as to who she would end up with, even though everyone already knew! Dang it! I'm glad you liked having Phury back for a minute...I certainly did! AND I'm glad that line was as good as I thought it was! Yayness! And it if weren't for crazy hormones, I would never be able to write! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GOSH! YES! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS! :) But I'm jealous that Sims works for you... it doesn't for me at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. just wonderin' but what would you have done if hadley said yes to ryan's proposal?? sims are random like tht!!! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Paisley: Thanks! I'm sorry you're having game issues...that's exactly why I wanted to finish the challenge before Pets came out...even though I'm kind of sad I couldn't put a furry friend in for Hadley and her family...even tho there's a chance I'll revisit them for the holidays or something...LOL

    @Claire: They really are random...LOL I actually contemplated having them get married, but they fought so much in the game, I knew it wouldn't work...but my dear, I really do feel bad about it not working out between the two of them, because Ryan really is a great guy...so I have something special planned for him...I just thought it out tonight, and it will only work out if I have a lot of reader feedback, but you have not seen the last of him...so stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh dont feel bad!! i should have made him comittment phobic too, so he could feel her pain!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ahhh i've spent the last day reading all the way from the beginning and WOW!! i just couldn't stop. i need another post!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Claire: LOL!

    @Katherine: Yay! Thank you for reading! I love to hear about new readers and I'm glad you have enjoyed it! I am going to be updating very soon!

    ReplyDelete